i gotta be more aware of these errors.

Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

i gotta be more aware of these errors.

Post by spinaxoraptor »

so I am making jp troodon right? but the thing is i don't know rather its the vertices or the tpm. also mention that I'm a beginner in trespasser dinosaur modding. the reason why I'm making a lot of dinos is also that i would love for the community to grow with new levels with new dinosaur appearances!

Edit:WOOHOOO i finally made a dino with no help!
Attachments
Double the Trouble!
Double the Trouble!
Screenshot (1865).png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 767 times
this guy again
this guy again
Screenshot (1860).png (571.43 KiB) Viewed 793 times
this guy
this guy
Screenshot (1859).png (595.51 KiB) Viewed 793 times
this error makes =
this error makes =
Screenshot (1862).png (67.29 KiB) Viewed 793 times
Last edited by spinaxoraptor on Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: i gotta be more aware of these errors.

Post by tatu »

I am gonna guess it is a similar issue from what you had another time that Rebel fixed.

And I would suggest to just make one dinosaur topic rather than keep making new ones. It can be seen a bit like spammy and quite unnecessary. Better to keep it all in one topic.
We're not a big community, and even less modders, so you should give it a try yourself to make levels ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
spinaxoraptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by spinaxoraptor »

tatu wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:52 pm I am gonna guess it is a similar issue from what you had another time that Rebel fixed.

And I would suggest to just make one dinosaur topic rather than keep making new ones. It can be seen a bit like spammy and quite unnecessary. Better to keep it all in one topic.
We're not a big community, and even less modders, so you should give it a try yourself to make levels ;)
im pretty sure it isnt i followed what he had said but im still not that sure :(

also i tried making levels the sand patches or textures for some objects look horrible and low quality like this

EDIT: its all good i figured it out too many verts! i put the polycount down!
Attachments
this messy level
this messy level
Screenshot (1863).png (666.56 KiB) Viewed 780 times
tatu
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Glad you figured it out! Maybe one day I'll tackle to try to rig a dinosaur myself. :)

And another reminder to edit your last post instead of making a new one if it is within 24hrs, as per our rules: https://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=10328 :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

spinaxoraptor wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:12 pm also i tried making levels the sand patches or textures for some objects look horrible and low quality like this
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
That's because all ground texture objects must share the same pallet. Check out my quick tutorial how to fix this here:
https://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic. ... ly#p137377