Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Trespasser Restored - A new Project

Post by Draconisaurus »

Tatu has already gone through the process of exporting the PL Max scene into TPM... Am too busy to test this out ATM, but rest assured this has been accomplished successfully. :) What's needed beyond the Max file are textures from Trespasser, some of which we have, some of which we don't. Also of course the terrain is missing its heightmap.

That PH image, btw, IS useful for something, even if not much in the terrain height department, and you'll see how that's going quite soon.. 8)
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

ok that's cool... I am working on multiple levels as I write this.. fixing sections of landscaping, adding puzzles, etc, doing some fine-tuning on the levels. As stated before, I am using the very end of jr to make ph. that is coming along pretty well, I may even have the dino on parade thing going.. testing so far is working, but need more landscaping done. beach is almost complete, jr is nearing complete, and the ph level is in testing.. am starting to get ij it and plains organized on paper as well. I have started modeling in max, and have some new things to add, I have changed some landscaping. As it is I am hoping to have a whole new experience soon for most of the game within a week or two, depending on the testing results and the remaining work that needs to be completed. Screenshots soon.

EDIT : Under suggestion, I switched from CE to twilight, and now have a problem with the system. Tres is going frame by frame, everything I edited is no longer working, and the file that atx is supposed to create, well that didn't happen either.. can anyone help with this?

Win 10 64 bit, and I am not figuring out what happened.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Bryankd2015 wrote:EDIT : Under suggestion, I switched from CE to twilight, and now have a problem with the system. Tres is going frame by frame, everything I edited is no longer working, and the file that atx is supposed to create, well that didn't happen either.. can anyone help with this?

Weeellll I keep hearing that Win 10 64 bit has Tres issues... I personally have this and as yet have not had these problems.
For using Twilight instead of CE... There are certainly reasons to - chief among them IMO being the presence of ATX upgrades not included in CE. It's also nice if you're in the mood for retro... Personally, ATM, I am using the Twilight menu within CE. I'm thinking an updated release is due later this year.
"going frame by frame" Framerate is one thing CE puts Twilight/ATX to shame on. Could be caused by a number of things but CE is quite superior in this department.
"everything I edited is no longer working" Certain levels that work in CE don't work in ATX... not sure why. Everything in CE is very often more stable. Hmmm.... *wonders if retail-level-modding is safer, too*
"the file that atx is supposed to create" Which file would this be? The only ones I know that it makes are the "ATXconfig.ini" and erm, maybe an error file thingy. In the case of the former... I can't imagine why it wouldn't create one. There exist mod-specific versions in a number of releases (such as East Dock)... Do you know if these work in Twilight for you? (Sure way to know with the afore mentioned mod would be if the fog appears blue without minimizing/restoring the game.)
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

Draconisaurus wrote:
Bryankd2015 wrote:EDIT : Under suggestion, I switched from CE to twilight, and now have a problem with the system. Tres is going frame by frame, everything I edited is no longer working, and the file that atx is supposed to create, well that didn't happen either.. can anyone help with this?

Weeellll I keep hearing that Win 10 64 bit has Tres issues... I personally have this and as yet have not had these problems.
For using Twilight instead of CE... There are certainly reasons to - chief among them IMO being the presence of ATX upgrades not included in CE. It's also nice if you're in the mood for retro... Personally, ATM, I am using the Twilight menu within CE. I'm thinking an updated release is due later this year.
"going frame by frame" Framerate is one thing CE puts Twilight/ATX to shame on. Could be caused by a number of things but CE is quite superior in this department.
"everything I edited is no longer working" Certain levels that work in CE don't work in ATX... not sure why. Everything in CE is very often more stable. Hmmm.... *wonders if retail-level-modding is safer, too*
"the file that atx is supposed to create" Which file would this be? The only ones I know that it makes are the "ATXconfig.ini" and erm, maybe an error file thingy. In the case of the former... I can't imagine why it wouldn't create one. There exist mod-specific versions in a number of releases (such as East Dock)... Do you know if these work in Twilight for you? (Sure way to know with the afore mentioned mod would be if the fog appears blue without minimizing/restoring the game.)

I understand the win 10 issues.. the ini file is the one that it doesn't have and the frame rate.. well it only happens under the directx thing so not sure why that is.. the software renderer runs pretty smooth... howver.. in tresed. if you do anything to a level, it is erroring out.. this program stopped responding.. closing.. that type of error everytime.. I wasn't sure if that ini file had anything to do with it.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

CE starts with a lot of graphics settings much higher than usual by default in its .ini file. There are several values that you should edit back to their defaults within. I sent my custom modified and annotated .ini file to Draconisaurus for use in Twilight 2.0 so hopefully he'll include that - it seems to work better than the official version due to a lot of edits I made. :wink:

When you say TresEd is crashing, does this occur with every level, or just a specific one? I had this problem just a couple of days ago and it was caused by a badly-sized texture (255x256). Was crashing in CE too.
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

the crashes in tresed.. no matter what I try.. anytime I try to save changes it crashes.. I tried retail levels, beta, and some of the other user created ones.. they are all crashing when you try to save any change
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Bryankd2015 wrote:the crashes in tresed.. no matter what I try.. anytime I try to save changes it crashes.. I tried retail levels, beta, and some of the other user created ones.. they are all crashing when you try to save any change
Try deleting TresEd (and all files for it in the same folder), and extract it again, but no a new location. Sometimes TresEd doesn't like the filepath and such. Should be simple like C:/Trespasser/TresEd or something like that.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

ok that I can try.. thanks tatu

edit :

after deleting everything for tresed, I unzipped it again, and put it to a new location, however now it is not letting me select anything, no trees, no rocks, nothing

after trying guiapp.. it worked howver, when save it, it kills the level. Can no longer load the level in game..

after trying a few ways to get tresed to work, I uninstalled trespasser completely, and redid the hdd install from scratch, deleteing the entire directory before reinstalling. everything else was reinstalled from the zips. this time unlike before it actually gave me the error file.. and it said the following :

Unhandled exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in TresEd build Nov 20 2003
Address: 0x0047fb43 (Offset from WinMain: 0x000068b3 )
eax: 0019d9f0
eip: 0047fb43
(Winmain address: 0x00479290)

Can someone tell me what this means and how to fix it?
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I will say that the selecting-objects issue seems (to me) to be a recently developed difficulty, in newer Windows versions... For me, objs are still fully selectable but often take multiple clicks. Often an object completely away from where I clicked will get selected instead. It's still plenty workable though. I am curious if you weren't careful/persistent enough and selection does actually work but with difficulty..
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I tried that saw nothing else being selected.. I waited like 5 minutes to see if it would come up, and still nothing selected
tatu

Post by tatu »

Do you have two graphic cards? On many new computers you often get two. I have an Intel and a a Nvidia. Unless I change settings in the Nvidia Control Panel to use the Nvidia card, both TresEd and Trespasser will use the Intel card, which mean everything will lag (since the Intel card should only be used for the desktop).
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

no.. only have built in amd ati radeon hd 3000 1 gig shared memory.. I keep seeing something about an old driver for it and to put a new driver, but I cannot find one.. the driver I got is from amd and 2013 supposed to be one from 2015
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

I am trying a new tactic.. not sure anyone else has tried this or not.. I am working with the udk or unreal editor 3 as I appearently cannot use the unreal editor 4, my video card does not support it I guess. Anyway, I am learning how to create everything needed there and working on a beach level now with it. If anyone has tried and given up on it, please let me know as I am trying it and could use anything I can get about it.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Bryankd2015 wrote:Anyway, I am learning how to create everything needed there and working on a beach level now with it.
*stares at TheIdiot* >.>

It's happening again!!!!! :lol:
Bryankd2015
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Bryankd2015 »

great, just great..