Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Scary Toy Clown Model (REQUEST!)

Post by TheIdiot »

scallenger wrote:Any further progress with this? :D
Frak, sorry about that! Haven't got a chance to recently. I'll have to give finish this off soon, I hate to leave you hanging. :sick:
scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by scallenger »

Haha no worries. As soon as it is done I will show it to Grossman! :D
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

scallenger wrote:Haha no worries. As soon as it is done I will show it to Grossman! :D
If you want, you can touch it up yourself. I haven't had much time recently, and the time I do have has been going to RTJP :sick: .
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

I don't know how to use those tools honestly, lol. :)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Viola!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x483x ... wnDoll.rar

Sorry it took so damn long, I had so much else to do that I completely forgot about this until I stumbled across it in my hard drive. I gave him a completely new face and dirtied the textures a bit. In case anyone is wondering why it's low-detail and low-poly, it's because I was trying to make it seem similar to something you might have found in the original Trespasser levels. I stuck with my original clothing pattern because I think it reads as a bedtime character that a child would have laying around, since the line "Yay, scary toy clown!" seems to go well with "Must've been the little girl's...".
It's still different enough from the original clown I based it on, which is this:

tatu
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Wow, really nice.

Hey Scall. I'm doing some final stuff for Trespasser, on the retail levels (which is meant to replace the original ones), I will put the clown somewhere in there ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

tatu wrote:Wow, really nice.

Hey Scall. I'm doing some final stuff for Trespasser, on the retail levels (which is meant to replace the original ones), I will put the clown somewhere in there ;)
Thanks! :)

I also have a Tres-quality teddy bear, if you want it. I think I meant it for the line "Must've been the little girl's" at one point, and for the scary toy clown to be found elsewhere. Not sure how well the teddy bear holds up, as I haven't taken a look at it for a while.
tatu

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:
tatu wrote:Wow, really nice.

Thanks! :)

I also have a Tres-quality teddy bear, if you want it. I think I meant it for the line "Must've been the little girl's" at one point, and for the scary toy clown to be found elsewhere. Not sure how well the teddy bear holds up, as I haven't taken a look at it for a while.
Really? Take a look at it and send it and I can place it somewhere :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

tatu wrote:
TheIdiot wrote: Thanks! :)

Really? Take a look at it and send it and I can place it somewhere :)
Alright, I looked it over, and it's definitely not the greatest thing ever because I'm pretty sure it was one of my first modelling attempts at something other than buildings, but if you want it, I've got it uploaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ygjfg ... dyBear.rar

I'll keep scrounging around and see if I have anything else like that. Just curious, what is this project you're finishing up? I have an edit of Beach that patches up some small problems and adds back some of the beta stuff, but it's kind of rough and incomplete. I could touch it up for you and fork it over as well. :)
tatu

Post by tatu »

TheIdiot wrote:Alright, I looked it over, and it's definitely not the greatest thing ever because I'm pretty sure it was one of my first modelling attempts at something other than buildings, but if you want it, I've got it uploaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ygjfg ... dyBear.rar

I'll keep scrounging around and see if I have anything else like that. Just curious, what is this project you're finishing up? I have an edit of Beach that patches up some small problems and adds back some of the beta stuff, but it's kind of rough and incomplete. I could touch it up for you and fork it over as well. :)
Thanks!

It's kinda a Lite version of Trespasser: Reloaded. I will only do some height-fixing, add stuff back from the beta etc. Not going to go through the walkthrough and other documents to recreate stuff. After 17 years we still haven't got any major "bug-fix" release with height-fix and stuff. And most of it is really simple work, but not so fun. :P

As for your Beach edit. Send it over, it will save me some time :)

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Okay, I quickly went into it and made sure it was good to go, sure seems that way. :wink: The only things that are of my own design are the new models for the concrete foundations, which are slightly higher poly, but you can replace those with the regular versions if you want. It's not 100% complete - for example, I never added back that gray garbage can, and there's likely still a lot of floaters. Here's the level:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gpf51 ... _beach.zip
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

The clown could be used as a dinosaur deterrent. It'd work on me - I don't like clowns :P
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

The clown could be used as a dinosaur deterrent. It'd work on me - I don't like clowns :P
Coincidentally, I have an extreme phobia of clowns...not sure why they don't scare me in movies or games. As a kid, I couldn't even get out on Halloween due to the fear that someone somewhere will be dressed as a clown. :sick: That idea sounds kind of funny and interesting, though - maybe a big, invisible AI box could be attached to the clown so that dinosaurs appear to run from it.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

"Workmen carried scary toy clowns that played an evil laugh when a dinosaur came near... at which point it would panic - and flee in terror."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hahahahahaha!
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files