Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Lost Jungle 3

Post by Draconisaurus »

Okay, sooooo! I completed this level months ago but... Well, I began development of it in November 2018. Wow, long time ago. Anyway it got a little ways in, then I started putting a town-like area in it and the perceived complexity of continuing to work on it got to me, and I shelved it. I kept thinking about it though, off and on, because it has a nice opening area with really tall trees leering over you, nice valley that you begin looking down on. Anyway, Klayton Fioriti the youtuber came around while I was working on Site C, and had seen my Paradeinonychus Trespasser model on youtube from a brief video. He'd looked for a mod containing it, to feature it on his show, but couldn't find one. So he messaged me about it. I told him the model was made for my own show and was yet unreleased, but that I'd make him a level to play that had it. Soooo I thought about finishing up Site C fast-ish for him to play, but realized that was a bad idea, too much rushing and too large a level, so I thought about it, and decided to rework what I had started of LostJungle3 to be based around the plan of a level for Klayton to put on his channel.

Anyway, I delivered that level several weeks ago, but Klayton was having trouble getting Trespasser to work and is quite busy. So, it waited. Just recently he finally got it to work again, and yesterday posted the video of his playthrough! Rebel, you'll be pleased to know that your RV is in the video, and at this time 9,335 people have seen it. Complete with InGen beer. Anyway, he enjoyed the level quite a bit:

(skip if you want to see for yourself ingame first)

Taa-daa. From the comments it gets lots of people interested-in/reminiscing-of Trespasser. 8) I posted a link to TresCom.org in a couple comments. 'Nyways, now that Klayton has had the chance to play the mod made for him and his audience, here is the TresCom release. Enjoy!

https://app.box.com/s/cu7c3c43qis75ap7bk000lzeoatihgzg
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Lost Jungle 3

Post by TheIdiot »

Just finished up the level, will do a proper review later. About halfway through I decided I wanted to take screenshots for my review, but then it's kind of hard to do when you're trying to play the game while thinking of good spots for review screenshots. Will go back and take some using the FLY cheat. :wink:
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Downloaded. I should be able to check it out over the weekend. I'm not much for lengthy and flowery reviews though, I
leave that up to our expert reviewer, T.I.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Playing it but currently in pause... haven't been killed yet.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

OK, just finished it. 14 savegames, no need to restart it whatsoever, I think I may have killed 2 or 3 raptors...
The PC kept getting hiccups, but I guess that's because I have several other windows open at the same time...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hope ye all are enjoying it. Looking forward to any review notes which come forth.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

No complaints. The level allows freedom to move around and reach the end without depending on random events, and it's intuitive enough that the player won't be wandering around wondering what to do next. That allows for a later replay to explore the rest of the level and see if you missed anything on the first run.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well that sounds like a good thing, and like a LostJungle# level should be. Thanks. One note, Klayton is a professed HUGE fan of TLW, so I tried to include TLW things like Rebel's trailer where I could. As well, I made sure to include a certain lost PV puzzle, which we now have a working version of...
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Nice! is that my Raptor Alpha I see in the level? If it is, great to see it put to use. Shame you didn't give the same treatment to my other Chaos Effect reskins.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yeah mate. It worked well. And I hadn't realized you did other Chaos Effect skins, I'll look into those...
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I just finished playing this a little while ago, I thought it was a well paced level. Although, unlike machf, I did die
once so I guess he wins the masters title.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thanks mate! I am glad that, even if we never recreate the Geo Plant in its entirety, one of the lost puzzles has now been restored... As well now thousands of people have seen your version of the RV and InGen Ale, heh.