Creating new content for Trespasser!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: My old project: Trespasser Reborn

Post by Draconisaurus »

TheIdiot wrote:It all came together very well, plus the general lighting really helped make it seem like a "dark" experience. I think the EA would've been rather scary, actually, depending on how you did it.
The EA would have been quite scary, IMO. That was the intent. Who knows, it may get seen one day..
Aaaaagh...you and your hardware mode. :D
Yeeees lol. Tres CE is making quick work of that, though. Really just need Fly and things will be much better. Am planning an eventual release of a new complete modding package, possibly also named Trespasser Twilight (I'm debating with myself over whether to keep the same awesome menu or go to the length to make a new one.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

The EA would have been quite scary, IMO. That was the intent. Who knows, it may get seen one day..
It may..? More like IT BETTER! :D
Yeeees lol. Tres CE is making quick work of that, though. Really just need Fly and things will be much better. Am planning an eventual release of a new complete modding package, possibly also named Trespasser Twilight (I'm debating with myself over whether to keep the same awesome menu or go to the length to make a new one.
Maybe call it "Trespasser Millenium" or something to state that it's the "2000's" version of Tres? Or even "Trespasser Resurrection" could work, since it will be using (I assume) the CE engine, which has literally resurrected Tres from a 10 year sleep - not to mention the entire concept of dinosaur resurrection. :D The menu was really likable in the original, I'd say just stick with it. Maybe come up with a new logo and perhaps backgrounds to spice things up a bit, but the buttons and submenus are fine.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TheIdiot wrote:
It may..? More like IT BETTER! :D
Well it would take a lot of time and effort. There's plenty of both to go around but there are also lots of projects calling on these things. The EA is about the most monstrous project I can imagine for Tres, all kinds of modeling and scripting.
Maybe call it "Trespasser Millenium" or something to state that it's the "2000's" version of Tres? Or even "Trespasser Resurrection" could work, since it will be using (I assume) the CE engine, which has literally resurrected Tres from a 10 year sleep - not to mention the entire concept of dinosaur resurrection. :D The menu was really likable in the original, I'd say just stick with it. Maybe come up with a new logo and perhaps backgrounds to spice things up a bit, but the buttons and submenus are fine.
Ooooo. I quite like both (I agree with your points), but I prefer Tres Millennium for some reason. I would most likely keep the buttons etc.; thing is I really like the backgrounds and logo too. *checks* Ahh the main background and logo-button are separate. So I could keep the backgrounds and use a new logo. Might do that. :) Really like that logo... It's based off of a TLW concept logo from the DVD. Not sure what I would do for the new version.

Say, Sam! Do you still have those TLW logos from the DVD? Might be useful...
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Ooooo. I quite like both (I agree with your points), but I prefer Tres Millennium for some reason. I would most likely keep the buttons etc.; thing is I really like the backgrounds and logo too. *checks* Ahh the main background and logo-button are separate. So I could keep the backgrounds and use a new logo. Might do that. :) Really like that logo... It's based off of a TLW concept logo from the DVD. Not sure what I would do for the new version.
Tres Millennium, huh? Well, I figured I'd take a crack at making some logos for it based on concept art from TLW...I rather like designing logos. Please excuse the lack of an "N", didn't notice it until I was finished. That can easily be fixed.
Anyway, here's the first one, made to look more like the classic JP logo.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
And then a second one, based on your Tres: Twilight color scheme and style.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
What do you think? It's fine if you don't use either, I really just get a kick out of designing JP logos for some reason. :P I have unconverted .dds files of them as well if you like them.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Duuuuude, nice! I really like the second one. :) I think we should use it (after the spelling is fixed ;) ). And hmm I'm not sure what format DDS is?

Hmmm. So I am debating whether to keep the old backgrounds or make new ones. I really like them but it occurs to me that we might want to make new ones showing off Tres CE stuff like the new sky we just found out about :mrgreen:
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Duuuuude, nice! I really like the second one. :) I think we should use it (after the spelling is fixed ;) ). And hmm I'm not sure what format DDS is?

Hmmm. So I am debating whether to keep the old backgrounds or make new ones. I really like them but it occurs to me that we might want to make new ones showing off Tres CE stuff like the new sky we just found out about :mrgreen:
Frak, I've literally just noticed this...and only after I've logged out, of course. :P
Thanks. I'm beginning to take pride in my logo creation skills. You can use it however you like, I'll fix the spelling as soon as I have the chance and send it your way. DDS format is just what I use as a "lossless" format as it preserves all information without loss of color - it's the format most modern games use for textures (in a compressed state). I can convert it to, say, TGA or PNG if you want though.
As for the backgrounds, you could just go back to the same level you used (DX: Chronicles, if I'm not mistaken) and take the screens with the new skyboxes in the same place, so the image remains the same but with the new sky and effects. I really like the old backgrounds as well, and the new skyboxes would really enhance the image. Perhaps now is a good time to start a thread on Tres: Millennium so we don't overload this thread? :lol:
All this logo talk reminds me, one more thing: do you have an un-palleted isolated version of the JPDS BioSyn logo, by any chance? Been looking to use it in RTJP for consistency, and because it's actually very well done. :P If not, I might have to redesign it based on the textures in JPDS, which shouldn't be too hard anyway.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

TheIdiot wrote:As for the backgrounds, you could just go back to the same level you used (DX: Chronicles, if I'm not mistaken) and take the screens with the new skyboxes in the same place, so the image remains the same but with the new sky and effects. I really like the old backgrounds as well, and the new skyboxes would really enhance the image.
That is likely what I'll do. Got to get my hands on DX: Chronicles again...
Perhaps now is a good time to start a thread on Tres: Millennium so we don't overload this thread? :lol:
Hmm, don't want a thread on it yet. We should cover it in PM. My latest PM to you has a point on it; we can cover it there.
All this logo talk reminds me, one more thing: do you have an un-palleted isolated version of the JPDS BioSyn logo, by any chance? Been looking to use it in RTJP for consistency, and because it's actually very well done. :P If not, I might have to redesign it based on the textures in JPDS, which shouldn't be too hard anyway.
Damn... I don't think I still have it. Oh no, wait! I once posted it in a JPDS thread. Probably the original public one. I'm a little lazy at the moment to search it or my entire ImageShack account for it, atm. But if it's anywhere, it's there. I will tell you, it was fairly simple to make but I was quite proud of it. Made a 3D DNA strand and applied a special bend of some kind to it... plus the sphere in the background. The idea was that they secretly wanted to rule the world using genetic power. Best surviving example, otherwise, would be the BioSyn crate, IIRC.
DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DrShaw »

Holy... best level I ever played even in it incomplete form(with little glitch head)! Is this still being work on?
~Dr.Shaw

We are tressers by heart like Anne. John made his dream come true as well as mine.
We trespass on his dream and to see the forgotten world that once was alive 65 million years ago now touchable. Who...dares to come trespass....?
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I have it, if you need it. Took me forever to find since the link in the Downloads section on the main page doesn't work.
Perhaps now is a good time to start a thread on Tres: Millennium so we don't overload this thread? :lol:
Hmm, don't want a thread on it yet. We should cover it in PM. My latest PM to you has a point on it; we can cover it there.
Crap, I think I missed that. Bring it up when you respond to my last PM! :D
Damn... I don't think I still have it. Oh no, wait! I once posted it in a JPDS thread. Probably the original public one. I'm a little lazy at the moment to search it or my entire ImageShack account for it, atm. But if it's anywhere, it's there. I will tell you, it was fairly simple to make but I was quite proud of it. Made a 3D DNA strand and applied a special bend of some kind to it... plus the sphere in the background. The idea was that they secretly wanted to rule the world using genetic power. Best surviving example, otherwise, would be the BioSyn crate, IIRC.
Alright, I'll check the JPDS textures since it seems it's not in the thread anymore...if not, I think I can remake it. Otherwise I have one ready which is based on but different than yours, though yours is preferable for the sake of consistency. :P
Holy... best level I ever played even in it incomplete form(with little glitch head)! Is this still being work on?
Thank you very much, and welcome to the forum. :) Unfortunately, no, it's not being worked on anymore; I've switched projects for RTJP. The closest thing to this mod still being worked on would be Tres: Reloaded I think. Also, what do you mean by "little glitch head"?
DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DrShaw »

TheIdiot wrote:
Thank you very much, and welcome to the forum. :) Unfortunately, no, it's not being worked on anymore; I've switched projects for RTJP. The closest thing to this mod still being worked on would be Tres: Reloaded I think. Also, what do you mean by "little glitch head"?
The head glitch is the triceratops head being all "scramble" and thank you. In deed I'm new here. So the closes thing to this level is tres: reloaded. Is it being work on? And what is RTJP? (I think that how you use the quote thing.)
~Dr.Shaw

We are tressers by heart like Anne. John made his dream come true as well as mine.
We trespass on his dream and to see the forgotten world that once was alive 65 million years ago now touchable. Who...dares to come trespass....?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

It's "Return To Jurassic Park"...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DrShaw »

machf wrote:It's "Return To Jurassic Park"...
Oh.... I had a brain backfire there. I be checking that out even though I been looking at this forum for a few years until a few days ago I finally got up and made a account here so I can now interact with you nice people.
~Dr.Shaw

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

DrShaw wrote:So the closes thing to this level is tres: reloaded. Is it being work on?
Yes!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
DrShaw
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DrShaw »

tatu wrote:Yes!
Oh cool! I check it out then. :o
~Dr.Shaw

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Welcome DrShaw! It's nice to have more members around. Keeps things from getting too quiet.

And yes, Tres: Reloaded is being worked on. I'm not posting updates on it ATM for various reasons.
TheIdiot wrote:
I have it, if you need it. Took me forever to find since the link in the Downloads section on the main page doesn't work.
Actually, it works fine for me! Downloaded it from there the other day, and I just tested it again.
Crap, I think I missed that. Bring it up when you respond to my last PM! :D
Started a new PM string. 8)
Alright, I'll check the JPDS textures since it seems it's not in the thread anymore...if not, I think I can remake it. Otherwise I have one ready which is based on but different than yours, though yours is preferable for the sake of consistency. :P
Damn, you checked the thread and it's not there? Well that sucks! Anyway of course all you'd need to do is export the blue crate from JPDS~forest to get the texture (you'll find it in the basement). Dunno if it's sufficient quality for your purposes.