Trespasser: Legacy (Part I RELEASED! pg 8)

Nem's mega-level trilogy.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

I'm going to test it (Just for the fun of it) when I get home. A simple copied tree should do the trick (I'll edit the actual Tc Isle map).
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lol mmmmkay have fun w/that. You could just as easily teleport the gate into the tree and probably get the same effect. Hmmm maybe I'll put that into JPDS~testing... :P
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

If I can ask... Does some of the creators of this level knows what dinos it will include? It would be great to include nex dinos like the Spinosaurus and make it fight with the T-Rex (like in JP3) It's just an idea, but I would like to know the dinos you think to include...

Thanks!
Nem
-=TresCom Administrator=-

Post by Nem »

Thanks for the feeback. :)
Microceratops wrote:If I can ask... Does some of the creators of this level knows what dinos it will include? It would be great to include nex dinos like the Spinosaurus and make it fight with the T-Rex (like in JP3) It's just an idea, but I would like to know the dinos you think to include...

Thanks!
Without revealing much... TL1 won't have much variety in dinosaurs.
I have bigger plans for TL2 though... I can confirm that there will be many dinosaur spiecies, including an exclusive new spiecies in Trespasser (Thanks Machf :D)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yeah lol wait for TL2. :P We're having enough problems importing new objects to this retail mod as it is... let alone new dinosaurs. x_o
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Tested it (incase anyone wants to hear.).
Here is what happened.

Moveable = false:
Nothing happened. The animated object went right through it.

Moveable = true
The animated object moved the moveable object, until the moveable object hit a stationary object. At this point, the animated object went right through it.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Sunday, 26 August 2007, Slugger wrote:Nem is pleased to report that "Trespasser: Legacy" is
Check back here tomorrow, and download this impressive and fascinating level.
It's "tomorrow" now, where is it?
(Well, it's "tomorrow" in my time zone.)
Sorry for being so impatient, I'm normaly not so impatient, but this surprise release has gotten me so exited about it.
Nem

Post by Nem »

Don't worry, it's coming today...

I'm working hard on squashing as many bugs as I can before I upload it.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

It's released, check the news page. Everyone, except Nick3069, is welcome to download it. :P
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Hurray! :mrgreen:
Oops! You sayed "everyone exept me"? Too late! :P
Nem

Post by Nem »

Well... After 1 year in the making and overcoming many serious problems, part I of Trespasser: Legacy is finally released. :)

This has been, above all, a contribution of many individuals, so I want to thank all of those that helped, which I have listed in the ReadMe (sorry if i forgot anyone) ...But I also want to thank the community as a whole.

Anyway... Make sure to read the .txt file before you play. Hope you all enjoy this level.

Download "Legacy 1"
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Yeah everyone, read the readme, or else..... :batman:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, I've been playing it this afternoon, and I'm liking it. A lot. There was this time I thought "WTF? This takes place on Yavin 4?" (you can guess where I was approaching).

One thing: the crane puzzle took me several tries until I got it right, you may want to allow an alternative by removing that invisible object from up there (or teleport it elsewhere after you've tried the other way).

Lost off nice touches... I just hope when I release the Pens level you don't think I've been plagiarizing you (for example, I thought I was going to be the first to place a road tunnel in a Trespasser level - though it's not going to be in the Pens, but in a later level I've planned).

And for some reason, the level just crashed after I had saved my progress, no idea what caused it (earlier crashes at the beginning were happening before I lowered the screen resolution and draw distance, but this one must be physics- or particle-related). I'll try to reload it and see what happens... (not telling where I am to avoid spoiling it for others)
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I've taken a lot of inspiration from this level for my contest level, which now freezes again about a half inch before the world initialization bar fills...any one have ideas on why that is, what might cause it?

And TL1 is AWESOME!!!!!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Machf wrote:Well, I've been playing it this afternoon, and I'm liking it. A lot. There was this time I thought "WTF? This takes place on Yavin 4?" (you can guess where I was approaching).
Star Wars geek. :P

BTW SI, idk about your level... but hopefully everyone sees this, I realized that the raptor in contestlev does not work because all instances of the word "raptor" were replaced with "JPraptor", I should have done that a little better... (that won't crash your level but it will keep the raptor frozen in space, with no physics) A half-way level halt is not soemthing, for example, I would expect with missing instances from trigger calls and such, so that's not likely. Try backing up the level, exporting all triggers, and deleting them. See if that fixes it. If it does, import your triggers again one by one until it crashes again.

Oh and, FYI to all here, in case you didn't read the readme :batman: ..I was one of the testers for the level and also helped it become a reality by doing a number of things including moving it from an IJ mod into a fresh level, lol, so Nem has heard all my comments. I think the idea and scope of the level is enough to rival TC_Isle, frequent crashes aside. :P It takes a lot of time and patience to make an entire level into a maze like that, and it's totally worth it. So often, you can wander straight through a level and ignore everything the creator has set up, or else if you choose to explore, other parts of the level are not that hard to find. This level really keeps you wondering where exactly you're going, if it's your first time through (or sometimes the second and third and forth :P). I'm not sure how many of the old scripted events have survived, but I rather liked the surprise raptors wherever they were present, and environmental design everywhere obviously had close attention paid to it. Knowing all the things you have learned from this experience, I can't wait to see what you come up with for TL2! :D