Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

kryptoraptor.blog
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Antispam: No

Swimming raptors

Post by kryptoraptor.blog »

Hello. I want to ask you a question.

Is it possible to make raptors float mostly submered and partly above the water surface, and to make them also walk while floating?

I don´t want a new animation, I want just to test the effect with the walking animation.
If yes, tell me what to add or edit in a raptor textfile which displays when you want to edit it in tresEd.

That´s all. Is it possible?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Swimming raptors

Post by machf »

You can make the raptor's physics boxes float (parameter bool Floats = true, I think). But if the feet don't touch the bottom, the raptor won't be able to move much... give it a try anyway.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

I remember this topic coming up before, The Lagoon had a floating raptor, but it wouldn't move once it lost contact with the bottom.
Like machf said, chronzerg (the creator of The Lagoon) achieved this by adding the line "bool Floats = true" to $RaptorBBody-00.
I've been thinking, if the body of water is too deep for the raptor to touch the bottom, maybe adding an invisible platform might do the trick. You'd probably need to place it at just the right altitude so the water lifts the raptor on and off the invisible platform. If it's too low, the raptor will simply float and not move, if it's too high, the raptor will move around as though there were no water.
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Yes, an invisible platform would work. You might then have a problem with objects sinking only halfway to the bottom or whatever, so make sure the water isn't too transparent.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

What about making it float, and then some kind of small push trigger that's activated when it opens it's mouth or something like that. And have the push trigger only activate when the raptor is in the water
kryptoraptor.blog
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by kryptoraptor.blog »

Thanks for the tips. I think that I will use the underwater platform.