Old, Hungarian Trespassser article scans

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

makemeunreal
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Old, Hungarian Trespassser article scans

Post by makemeunreal »

I found an article about Trespasser in an old Hungarian PC Game magazine.
If I see somebody is interested in them, I'll keep updating the thread if I find more. (Also translate it.)
makemeunreal
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Re: Old, Hungarian Trespassser article scans

Post by makemeunreal »

Okay! :D
This one is from an 1998/7 PC-X magazine.
From the E3 Introduction pages.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I'm wondering if this was a translation from another article or an original one...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
makemeunreal
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by makemeunreal »

It's an original one from a Hungarian author.
More is on the way!
makemeunreal
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by makemeunreal »

Jurassic Park:Warpath
2#
SpyroGuy
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by SpyroGuy »

I can help with the translation if it's not done yet considering that I can read it anyway. xD
SpyroGuy
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by SpyroGuy »

Trespasser - The Lost World continues

Dreamworks only exists for three years, but it have already created a handful of pretty interesting titles - they are realizing their unique ideas on high standards. What they are working on now howewer, surpasses all levels of imagination! They're making the (digital) sequel of Jurassic Park a.k.a. the third episode! The action/adventure game picks up the storyline where The Lost World was ended: You are alone on InGen's island called Site B and your only objective is to get out of there alive.

What is so fantastic about this besides the storyline? Well, the game's engine brings us all the phenomenons of physics, so detailed that no one has ever seen before. In Trespasser, everthing is part of a real physical world: the objects are having weight, they are affected by forces and because of this they are interacting with each other, with the world or even with the player! Forget about the 3D shooters made so far where interactive objects were a rarity. In this game everything will be completely different: Frightfully Realistic!
Let me tell you about three gameplay elements which were shown on Dreamworks's stand as illustration. The dinosaurs - besides living their own lifes everywhere - , if you get close to them they are reacting like a "living tissue" f.e. to your shots. This means that the dino's body parts are behaving differently if you shoot it in the head or the abdomen because it's whole body obeys the laws of physics: accordingly it shakes it's head, pulls it's legs under itself, jumps and retrogrades. It does matter where you shoot it because the injuries are modifing it's behavior and so they do the outcome of a battle. It can be killed with one headshot, but if you hit it's tail, you only enrage it. The physics were well demonstrated with a place where full of boxes and sheets of wood were packed up on to each other. The player rolls out his arm grabs the lowest box and shakes it which falters the boxes standing on top of it - exactly like it should falter because of Earth's gravity properties - and then the top sheet falls down, flips and lands while diagonally reclines on another box - dreadfully lifelike!
The most fantastic part I witnessed was a scene near a little lake. On the shore, the player teared a flower! away and threw it into the water. And then, in the first time in my life I saw real swells on a PC monitor which weren't pre-rendered, but was rendered there and then by the computer. When I pushed two pieces of wood into the water, it was possible to see the center of the swells created by the two different objects and when I waded into the water myself, I created swells on my own. It was absolutely unbelievable!
The game is expected to launch at late Autumn published by Electronic Arts, but I have a bad feeling that it will be delayed because almost nothing of the showcased gameplay was finished and they said that they want to impove the graphics a lot. Who knows of course, Dreamworks has a total of 100 members (not all of them are working on this single project of course), they can still pick up the pace - nothing is impossible for them.
makemeunreal
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by makemeunreal »

Köszönöm. Fene gondolta volna hogy nem vagyok egyedül(Magyar).
SpyroGuy
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by SpyroGuy »

Hehe. Inkább maradjunk az angolnál, azt a többiek is megértik. =)
A cikket pedig fordították, nem saját munkája az írónak, mert majdnem ugyanezeket olvastam már korábban is megannyi Trespasser-ről szóló cikkben. Elhűlés a grafikán és a fizikán, virágos élményes ömlengés...ez egy fordítás. Ja és a Warpath is király játék, már volt hozzá szerencsém.

Which reminds me that I have One issue of this Hungarian Playstation Magazine as well which has a Dino Crisis 2 headline/cover/whatever.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Please use English.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
SpyroGuy
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by SpyroGuy »

Have no fear, you didn't miss anything important. I think this article is a simple translation of another one, I'm pretty sure I've already read about the flower on the water's surface and stuff like that.
tatu
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

I meant when talking to each other on the forums :)
I know the article is in non-english ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
SpyroGuy
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by SpyroGuy »

I meant both. :) :D
SylverRaptor
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by SylverRaptor »

makemeunreal wrote:Köszönöm. Fene gondolta volna hogy nem vagyok egyedül(Magyar).
No, you are not the only one. :mrgreen: :wink:
I think I have Trespasser articles (hungarian) also in two other magazines. (both original articles I think)
Just telling. :P