Run Trespasser in windowed mode without using ATX patch?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

dersaft
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Run Trespasser in windowed mode without using ATX patch?

Post by dersaft »

Hi there,

is there any way to run Trespasser in windowed mode without using the ATX patch? I want to stay on patch 1.11 for several reasons.

I tried the "-window" command - Doesn't work.
I tried third party programms that will force games to run into windowed mode - Trespasser error on startup.

I found a post from 2005:
"Windowed Trespasser Patch

TresCom member Big Red, just released another patch. With this patch you can now play Trespasser in a windowed mode, as long as play in software mode and set your desktop to 16bit mode.

In addition to this Big Red has promised more patches in the coming months, including the addition of new action types usable inside the game, such as, the Matrix mod. So be sure to drop by Big Red's site"

Problem is that the side is down.
Does anyone still got this patch on backup or got any advice on how I could solve this problem?

Any advice is highly appreciated!

Thanks.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Run Trespasser in windowed mode without using ATX patch?

Post by machf »

That's ATX. Or at least, an earlier version of it. BigRed's old site is long gone, now it's hosted at TresCom:

http://atx.trescom.org/

And no, you won't find any other way of playing in windowed mode than ATX.

And that "Trespasser error on startup" is likely because you didn't "play in software mode and set your desktop to 16bit mode".
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Run Trespasser in windowed mode without using ATX patch?

Post by tatu »

dersaft wrote:I want to stay on patch 1.11 for several reasons.
You will still stay on patch 1.11 even if you use ATX. Just be sure you don't use any of it's function and you should be fine.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."