How to run mod levels?. Is there a stickied thread?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

psyman
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

How to run mod levels?. Is there a stickied thread?

Post by psyman »

Hi all,

I've just started getting back into Trespasser, having reinstalled it many times over the past decade but never really getting far.

I'm very confused about how to get mods to run. I've done a maximum install from the CD, and installed the v117 patch from the TresCom download section, then installed the latest ATX v2.13 mod.

I'm trying to play the "East Dock" mod also in the TresCom downloads section and I've followed the instructions in the readme.txt which just say to extract the contents of the "Main" folder (within the .zip file) into my Trespasser game folder, which adds 1 new folder named "data", and another named "MAPS" which puts files in the existing "MAPS" folder created by the ATX mod.

How do I actually run the mod?. I really feel there should be a stickied thread in this main forum or a link on the frontpage that explains the absolute basics and essential downloads for Trespasser.

Thanks for any help!
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: How to run mod levels?. Is there a stickied thread?

Post by tatu »

This will help:
http://www.trescom.org/docs/TheTrespasserPrimer.pdf

However, as for East Dock. Don't move the "Main" folder, but rather the content inside it. The data folder should be on the TresCD location while the MAPS folder should be installation folder.

East Dock was made mainly for modified demo engines than hard drive installation.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."