Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

The Dark Knight
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

How to activate certain quotes in the levels

Post by The Dark Knight »

Hi guys

I was playing my old copy the other day and I was wondering in the first level where I should walk to activate Hammonds following lines;

"I can picture them, moving cautiously through the dusty rooms in bulky biohazard gear... clutching rifles, poring over our records, reading our files". "The mysterious John Hammond. Shady investor, multimillionaire, jovial mad scientist".

Also where to go for the Hammond line in Ascent 1, "Known as "The Maharaja" to his fellows, highly skilled, but only works alone. He was meant to radio for picking up from the common station".

I can't seem to find these if they were kept in the game :)

Thanks in advance guys!

Regards.
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Antispam: No

Re: How to activate certain quotes in the levels

Post by LtSten »

I believe "I can picture them.." is near the boxes that you need to topple on the Brachiosaur path...

As for the rest, I can't remember, sorry. I'm sure others can help you out.
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Hey there, welcome to the forums 8)

You can use this voiceover retail list to see which voiceovers were used in the retail game or not:
http://www.trescom.org/index.php?page=r ... etail.html

As for the specific voiceovers you mentioned, I don't remember where the 'I can picture them' is played.
But I think the Maharajah voiceover trigger is located underneath the terrain somewhere, so I'm pretty
sure the trigger is in the actual game but cannot be reached without teleporting (and possibly dying).

Could be the triggers for the other voiceovers are also located off-the-path (outside playing area).
I think they were left in place in the beta, though.
The Dark Knight
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Thanks guys I will play them again and try and find hem :)

There are quite a few on the Industrial Jungle I can't find but it is an open level so probs have not walked in the correct spot.

Thanks again :)
Regards
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

If you really, really want to know... You can always download TresEd (level editor) and search
for the voiceover triggers and thus, their locations in-game. I believe the triggers usually have
the name of the voiceover in them. For example, 'VA1' is Anne's first voiceover. Though the
trigger might also be called V1 then, I'm not sure. Good luck!
The Dark Knight
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Thank you Hilwo, I dont suppose you have a link for it, and then how to type in the co-ordinates when I know where they are?

Thanks again for the quick replies guys :)

Regards
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

TresEd: http://tresed.trescom.org/TresView/Tres ... -11-21.zip

Once you've loaded the level, press Ctrl+F, change the parameter to values in T-Script and then search for the name of the voiceover you want.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Just be sure to turn the .swz into .swp before you can load the level in TresEd.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
The Dark Knight
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Hi guys I'm having trouble getting on to the level editor, can anyone post a list of the voiceover co-ordinates for me, I can then teleport to that area.

Thanks gain for the help :) :)

Regards.
tatu

Post by tatu »

The Dark Knight wrote:Hi guys I'm having trouble getting on to the level editor, can anyone post a list of the voiceover co-ordinates for me, I can then teleport to that area.

Thanks gain for the help :) :)

Regards.
Tell me which voiceovers you want to teleport too and I will get a list for you :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
The Dark Knight
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Hi tatu,

The following if possible;

I can picture them, moving cautiously through the dusty rooms in bulky biohazard gear... clutching rifles, poring over our records, reading our files". "The mysterious John Hammond. Shady investor, multimillionaire, jovial mad scientist".

Also where to go for the Hammond line in Ascent 1, "Known as "The Maharaja" to his fellows, highly skilled, but only works alone. He was meant to radio for picking up from the common station".

Could you also tell me the whole teleport code to type in as I was having trouble with it :)

Thank you!

Regards
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

If you only want to hear them, I highly recommend Scallenger's 'Jurassic Time' project. Scall has taken most (maybe all?)
Hammond voiceovers from the game and made them into an awesome story/presentation. Learn more about it here:
http://jurassictime.trescom.org/intro.html

There is also an old application you can use to extract all voiceovers from the stream.tpa file yourself. Afterwards, you'd
be able to play them all with applications such as CoolEdit. There might be lots of other apps to open the files these
days, though. It's been a while for me. The app used to extract from the stream.tpa file is called TPAhack. You can
grab it here (although it's not easy to use these days, I think):
http://www.trescom.org/files/Tools/tpahack.zip

If you prefer teleporting to the coordinates, I suggest using the 'invul' and or 'fly' cheats (ATX patch required), because
I think those voiceover triggers are off-the-path and teleporting there might (in some cases instantly) kill you.

Good luck!
The Dark Knight
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Thanks can I just type "fly" and enter?

Thanks Hilwo

Regards
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

ctrl+F11 then type "fly" and enter then ctrl+F11

To "land" at the spot you started, repeat those steps. To "land" where you fly to you do this:

ctrl+F11 then type "flytele" and enter then ctrl+F11
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
tatu

Post by tatu »

I can picture them, moving cautiously through the dusty rooms in bulky biohazard gear... clutching rifles, poring over our records, reading our files"
Located underground and can't be reached in-game. (Located underground after the puzzle where you have to throw rocks to knock down the crates near the brachs).
"The mysterious John Hammond. Shady investor, multimillionaire, jovial mad scientist".
Located in the basement (outside the playable area). Placed to high so not even teleporting would play it.
Will be played when picking up "Pbenelli-02" or "Pbenelli-03". Both which been removed in the retail version of the game, therefor impossible to get it to play without modifying the level with TresEd.
Last edited by tatu on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.