Trespasser Universe Blog~

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

TrespasserUniverse
Triceratops
Triceratops

Trespasser Universe Blog~

Post by TrespasserUniverse »

Hello ^u^! I've been looking at these forums for a few months now, and I'm really interested in all of the different discussions, and information you all are providing on the game. I've only recently became a huge fan of Trespasser when I read some stuff on this website. Although, I've played the game as a child, and I remember all the fun I used to have when playing it.

Now, because of all this, I recently made a tumblr blog, focused mainly on showing people the wonder that is Trespasser =3. I try to provide videos, interesting screenshots, links, and of course, important information on different things in the game! My goal is to not only to provide a warm, and enjoyable atmosphere to Trespasser fans, but also to catch the attention of people who've never even played the game before! It varies on how often I will update it though. Like with many things, I will probably get a little bored with it after a while, but It doesn't take long for me to get back into something ^^.

Like many others, I don't see a buggy, or glitchy game when I play Trespasser. I see a game that had potential in every way possible! Personally, I find it a very fun experience to play, despite all of It's flaws. And, I'm going to try to persuade new people into seeing the beauty that is, Jurassic Park:Trespasser.

~ http://trespasseruniverse.tumblr.com/ ~

Last edited by TrespasserUniverse on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Greetings, and new blog

Post by machf »

Welcome to the Asylum!
That's an interesting picture you've got there...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon
Antispam: No

Post by awesome24712 »

machf wrote:Welcome to the Asylum!
I was going to say that. :batman:

Welcome to the forum! I always like to see more Trespasser stuff like this.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
TrespasserUniverse
Triceratops
Triceratops

awesome24712 wrote:
machf wrote:Welcome to the Asylum!
I was going to say that. :batman:

Welcome to the forum! I always like to see more Trespasser stuff like this.
Thank you for the welcome ^u^~.
TrespasserUniverse
Triceratops
Triceratops

Re: Trespasser Universe Blog~

I have been starting up a small practice project for myself in 'TresEd'! Visit the blog and give it a look!
http://trespasseruniverse.tumblr.com/
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

On your PV post:

I don't have any experience in modifying PV, but try import the Para from a final level, like JR, and replace the meshed and everything. Might fix it.

Trespasser only allowed around 3-4 at the max (a few people have reported a few more) active dinosaur at a time, so if you have more than that in an area, some will be frozen.

For the ponds: The unrealistic problems with the ripple effect in the water is usually caused by the water objects being scaled up to much. Also, copying water objects are not recommended since having 2-3 cause the level to crash.

Otherwise nice work!
TrespasserUniverse
Triceratops
Triceratops

tatu wrote:On your PV post:

I don't have any experience in modifying PV, but try import the Para from a final level, like JR, and replace the meshed and everything. Might fix it.

Trespasser only allowed around 3-4 at the max (a few people have reported a few more) active dinosaur at a time, so if you have more than that in an area, some will be frozen.

For the ponds: The unrealistic problems with the ripple effect in the water is usually caused by the water objects being scaled up to much. Also, copying water objects are not recommended since having 2-3 cause the level to crash.

Otherwise nice work!
Thank you ^u^~. I never knew that about Trespasser though. Weird. When I tested the level in an earlier version I made with 7 Stegos in the area instead of 5, they all walked and moved around just fine. Could just be a weird coincidence ^^. As for the water thing, I haven't had any problems with the additional water as of so far. But, I don't think I'm going to be placing it wherever I can either xD.

The thing you suggested with the Para could work. But... I have no Idea on how to import one <xD. Welp, time to hit the tutorials :P~.
TrespasserUniverse
Triceratops
Triceratops

Bah, I've looked through countless TresEd tutorials, and looked through five readme's, and I can't figure out how to import that Para from Jungle Road xD.
I feel so lost o n ,o.
tatu

Post by tatu »

TrespasserUniverse wrote:Bah, I've looked through countless TresEd tutorials, and looked through five readme's, and I can't figure out how to import that Para from Jungle Road xD.
I feel so lost o n ,o.
Select the base mesh (found in the basement) and export it as an TPM and it will auto-export all the physics for it. Then when importing it into PV, be sure to check the "Replace existing instances" and "Replace existing meshes".
TrespasserUniverse
Triceratops
Triceratops

tatu wrote:
TrespasserUniverse wrote:Bah, I've looked through countless TresEd tutorials, and looked through five readme's, and I can't figure out how to import that Para from Jungle Road xD.
I feel so lost o n ,o.
Select the base mesh (found in the basement) and export it as an TPM and it will auto-export all the physics for it. Then when importing it into PV, be sure to check the "Replace existing instances" and "Replace existing meshes".
I'm very sorry to bother you with this ^^;. But I am quite new at 'modding' Trespasser. Where exactly can I find the 'basement'? And what program do I use to export it? Geomadd?

And how exactly do I go about importing it into PV?

Again, terribly sorry for my lack of modding knowledge ^^.
tatu

Post by tatu »

No worries.

The "basement" is the area outside the playable area where you find most of the objects (where you find the dinosaurs, trees etc in PV). Most levels got their basement at 0,0,0 (use CTRL+G in TresEd and write the coordinates). Follow these steps:

1. Open JR in TresEd.
2. Press CTRL+F and write "Para", without the "". This will select and move you to "$JPara20". Move the camera and select the Para itself.
3. Click File->Export Selection as .TPM
4. Be sure "Add "ext_GeometryType" value to exported objects..." is checked, it's the second one. Press OK and save it at a location of your choice. This will export the Para and the needed physics for it.
5. Now search for "Para01-00" and extract that one too (the devs never copied the basement meshes, they made new ones based on the basement mesh being able to give the dinosaurs different script, however, creating different dinosaurs with different script are more advanced).
6. Open GeomAdd and select "Import File". Select the PV level and then select one of the .TPM files you just exported.
7. Be sure you have checked the "Replace existing instances" and "Replace existing meshes" boxes and then hit OK.
8. Do nr. 6 and 7 again for the other .TPM file.
9. Go into PV and find "Para01-00" and use that one to play Paras on the level.

Another important note ever person should know editing levels. While saving your level, be sure to check the box "Generate SCN Partitions." box. This will reduce a lot of crashes.

EDIT: Oh, and be sure to backup, backup, backup a lot. Otherwise you can lose hours of work sometimes.
TrespasserUniverse
Triceratops
Triceratops

Ty >w<. Oh, just one last thing I'm a little confused on for now. There are no SWP files for JR. Is there an alternate way to load the level o.o?
tatu

Post by tatu »

TrespasserUniverse wrote:Ty >w<. Oh, just one last thing I'm a little confused on for now. There are no SWP files for JR. Is there an alternate way to load the level o.o?
Use this: http://www.trescom.org/files/Tools/swpext.zip
Move the .SPZ file over the exe and it will convert it into a .SWP. It's safe to delete the .SPZ afterwards and you need that (or move it into another folder) in order to get the .SWP to work properly.
TrespasserUniverse
Triceratops
Triceratops

Weird. When I move it over the exe, only this pops up-

For some reason, it won't convert the spz file =c.
tatu

Post by tatu »

My bad, sent the wrong link lol.
http://tresed.trescom.org/Temp/swpz.zip

There you go.

Btw, something another member by the name Draco found out during the JPDS I worked with him on. Adding to many dinosaurs into a level can break the dinosaur script so they don't act like they should. Just so you know if they don't do what they are suppose to do.
Last edited by tatu on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.