Trespasser Story / Film overlap

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

AlexGriffin
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Trespasser Story / Film overlap

Post by AlexGriffin »

Before everyone jumps on me let me explain a tiny bit of where I'm coming from lol...

I don't consider Trespasser a sequel to TLW: the island is wrong, the locations are wrong, etc.

But one thing I DO consider it...is a sort of... hybridized... in the vein of... inspired by... creation.

I was listening to Scallengers 'Jurassic Time' and thinking about the script that he was able to attain for us (thanks again!) and how certain parts were considered important and others weren't... and how certain aspects of the game were developed but dropped...and other remained...

Hammond starts speaking of the "Old Plantation House" from the early colonial period where they grew Coffee...

and I kept thinking...why is that at all important? I mean it's BRILLIANT writing...but...why should THAT detail, of all details, remain?

Then I heard in my head:

"I figured out how the animals survived without lysine!"
"I don't care!"
"The herbivores have been eating agama beans, soy, anything lysine rich. And the carnivores, well, they eat the herbivores-"

... All beans contain Lysine... including Coffee beans. Its more trace, but it does... Costa Rica is also a PERFECT place to grow beans (especially on volcanic soil) and it would grow wild and naturally once introduced into a habitat...

So I wonder then, is the story of the abandoned colonial era coffee farm operation something that HAD to have happened in the film? I mean... this is the reason the animals survived according to Sara... Coffee and Soy are not native to Costa Rica. If either exists on the island, then it's been introduced through farming operations...

It might be too much of a further stretch, but perhaps the reason for certain clearings such as the one near the operations complex were for farming operations...
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: Trespasser Story / Film overlap

Post by tatu »

If you haven't notice, due to other VO made for the game, these are made for history purpose. How fun would it be if he only talked about Jurassic Park. In the game there is history about the island too, like the Mayan part. His part in the game is one of the core feature and if there wasn't anything about the island themself, there would be really few VO from Hammond. He also talk about his life and history upto and on the island.

It's also a way to create a history to various places in the game, instead of just placing random stuff. The Plantation house was used in it's own level at one point, and I would guess the history of where everything was (the wall etc) had some important how to find your way around in the level.