Jurassic Time- Version 2.0

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Antispam: No

Re: Jurassic Time- Version 2.0 RELEASED! Book Edition Updated!

Post by makairu »

That's surprising news that the trespasser script still exists and is indeed somewhere, and its actually sorta close. Brooklyn. I expected it to be in a darkened room in a dirty, derelict building somewhere in the Pacific. Great news!

And, uh, I'll get back to you once I've listened to all of Jurassic Time. :)
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Scal, if you get your hands on it, will you share it? :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Well, it probably is in a darkened room in a dirty, derelict building, somewhere in the "Atlantic". ;) Hahahaha.

And will I share the script once I get it? That will actually be all up to Austin Grossman, I'm afraid. I have to respect what he would want me to do with it. But I don't want to ask him that question until I get it/in the process of getting it. Don't want him to have second thoughts. But I have a feeling he wouldn't mind, as long as it is still credited as being his, of course. We'll just have to wait and see.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

The script? Great! :D

Also, I just finished listening to version 2. Great job! Only one or two lines seem out of place, but I don't blame you. It's not your fault there is only one line in the game that talks about the mayan buildings. :P
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Haha, Scall will only release the script to the people who gave the best reviews of JT 2.0 ;) JK!
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Hey, not a bad idea, Draco! ;) Hehehehe.
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Draconisaurus wrote:Haha, Scall will only release the script to the people who gave the best reviews of JT 2.0 ;) JK!
Well in that case we already know Draco won't get it haha :P 8)
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

What?! He didn't like it?! OMG... kill... kill... kill...

Lol, joking aside, I still don't expect to get the script for a long while, since he is a very busy guy and since he isn't even near the location of it right now, apparently. But I will for sure let you guys all know what becomes of it, either way, as it happens. :)
scallenger

Re: Jurassic Time- Version 2.0!

Post by scallenger »

Well, been a long time since I have made a post on this topic!

I recently discovered that JPL has for some unknown reason deleted my FTP account files from their location without any warning, and access denied. The files there included all the bigger files that were hosted for all 3 of my Trespasser related sites, including for this project. I have a feeling part of the reason is personal due to associations with someone the leader of JPL is not fond of. In the end it doesn't matter, because now that TresCom's server is now bigger than it was a couple years ago, I can now just put all of those files right on our own server, where they truly belong. This however will take some time to upload the files again, and also to readjust my websites so the links are changed as well.

In addition to that, I figure I may as well finally make some other adjustments I've been meaning to implement in my spare time, such as making the sites more positioned correctly on widescreen computers (which, from everyone I know, pretty much everyone has now). There may be finally be some other surprises along the way, especially for one site that doesn't have very much in content at all. No promises. Just that all of the current files will be up again during the week sometime. Which I'm sure all of you already had anyway. ;)
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

This is why I don't have anything to do with the generic Jurassic Park fansites... Do one thing wrong and you are either banned or someone does something to provoke you into doing something that will get you banned.

At least here - compared to pretty much every other forum - we don't throw around the ban hammer to make us look all powerful. We've only used that thing a total of about 6 times*, CKY2K for posting massive 10,000 pixel wide white spaces on dozens of threads 8-9 years ago, Draco and Mickey for that GuiApp incident 3 years ago, and 3 people in an incident I won't mention in the public forum... All but one of those bans were lifted after talking to Madppiper, the one that wasn't never talked to MP and I'm certain he was a troll.

*banning spambots does not count and I may have forgotten some bans...
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

When I posted my Trespasser Let's Play on the JP Legacy forums, the little response I received was generally positive, and over time the entire Let's Play was finished without any more responses.

Then I posted a new topic about my Trespasser custom map series, the same person who gave a positive response (who was a moderator, of course) earlier, locked the topic and moved the videos back to the Let's Play topic. Still don't think he did it right. But what gets me is that they locked the topic, for all to see my embarrassment. I'd rather have them delete so it's out of the way. And at the rate new topics came out, my topic was probably up top for about two months, maybe it's still there.
http://www.jplegacy.org/board/showthread.php?t=21862

Don't think I'll go back there for a while.

That's why I like this forum. Here and the Carnivores Saga.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
AlphaChaosRaptor
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by AlphaChaosRaptor »

I'm just going to be straight out with this. scallenger, Ty didn't cut your FTP access out of jealousy of your association with Bernard (BrachioIngen). He did it because you gave him a reason to believe your site access was a security risk when you unfriended him on Facebook. Had you not done that, you'd still have access, as that was taken as yet another hostile act. We just can't risk letting disgruntled people have access to our FTP. If either of us wanted a witch hunt, we would've banned everyone we suspected was associated with him long ago. We banned Bernard from JPL for a reason...actually, several reasons. Among them, installing an illegal board license, directly putting speculation into the encyclopedia and on the general site as if it were fact, withholding prize winnings from a contest the site ran that to this day were never delivered to the winners, manipulating Ty into "firing" me by abusing a personal matter between us so he could take my position because I was not letting him just have his way with the site, doing the same to Carcharodontosaurus by whispering to Ty that she was acting like me to get his anger to overcome his judgement in order to fire her along with any other that didn't play along with Bernard's ideas while pretending he had nothing to do with it, trying to force Ty into retirement to get full control of the site, getting JP-T-Rex, FRH, and Coop to rebel against Ty and cause him stress to force retirement, and because Bernard's boyfriend, Lance, decided to threaten Ty over IM when Bernard was denied a return for staff due to the aforementioned issues. These are just what I remember off the top of my head. Oh, and he tried to keep me from returning to staff on JPL because he knew I was a threat to his ill-gotten power as I was one of the few that could or would actually prove him wrong. We only act on associations when people give us a reason to believe there's a risk to the security of the site, or does something way out of line. Believe it or not, I do help Ty keep his cool and get him to look at things logically where possible. In this case, he made a logical decision and I had no argument to stop it, because you're associated with a person that might take the opportunity to harm the site and because of your own words against the site on the TellTale forum as well as on JPL itself. If Ty was just being out of control on this, I would've been fighting for him to see reason. You are a person I once held great respect for, before you changed, and it is why I am being forward about this with you now. This was not something done out of spite, and maybe you should discuss the issue with him directly rather than dance around it. Being honest and forthright are things Ty and I both value. The thing we can't stand is when people start being sneaky, and the cloak-and-dagger crap just makes things worse for everyone in the community.

hppav, the last thing we want to do is swing the banhammer to feel powerful. The days of "I don't like this guy! He's breathing wrong! I'm going to ban him!" ended when I came back to JPL and took charge of my position again in 2010. At this point, we should have not a single person on the JPL moderation staff that behaves this way, because I saw to it to retrain or weed out the ones that were acting like that and placed ban authority back into the hands of the admins exclusively, where it belongs. We also keep an eye out for baiting, and don't give that a pass anymore, but we do have to actually catch it. Maybe it's not perfect, but insta-bans pretty much only happen if someone does something very wrong, or if it's a spambot these days. I know you were just making general statements, but I felt it necessary to put this out there. I've been working way too hard to get JPL back in good order for the rumor mill to get started again.

awesome, you should've come to an admin with that straight away so we could review whether or not the action taken was the right one. I'll look into what's going on with this one, since the mod in question has been talked to about being overzealous. He didn't lock the thread to embarrass you. He just thought he was doing his job. We can't fix it if we don't know what's broken.

Addendum: I took a look at the thread, and what was done is not entirely illogical, though it wasn't strictly necessary, either. I can split the current thread and delete the locked one, if that's what you really want.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Wait, so Scall unfriended Ty on Facebook and made a few sour remarks about how JPL is run and you saw that as a good reason to delete Scall's content without informing him of it? You could have just removed his FTP access and inform him that he had, say, 30-90 days before the content was completely deleted so he could get it hosted elsewhere without having his own site be broken. That would have been a more proper and less provoking means of dealing with the situation.

Scall's been around for almost 10 years and built himself a reputation. He wouldn't want to ruin it for such petty reasons. Especially since he's one of the few who has actually had contact with the developers of Trespasser. He probably just didn't know your reasons for banning Bernard and made an assumption, which is just basic human error. I've made my fair share of them and ended up getting my backside handed to me on a silver platter. I'm much more careful these days, but I still do it from time to time.

And I was talking about the JP fandom in general. Last I heard JPDb had gone to hell and I haven't looked on their forums in years. JP Aftermath imploded, JP Toys is still around but I've never visited their forum, and there's this one small JP fan site that's trying to hide because it's in fear that JPL will swallow it up. :lol: The only thing I have seen on JPL recently was Ty getting a bit cranky that people were making the same complaints about his research that they have been for the past 4-5 years, which I consider a search button fail. I still find the JP fandom to be more tame than the Halo fandom, however.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

So, now Facebook has taken so much control of people's lives that "un-friending" someone in there means war? Go figure...

I better get the defense forces ready...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

People have been known to kill the people who unfriend them on Facebook - not kidding. People need to learn some serious tolerance.