Jurassic Time- Version 2.0

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Jurassic Time- Version 2.0!

Post by machf »

Tyrannosaur wrote:I don't even know scallenger's full technical capabilities either to be entirely honest so there's again that unknown element.
Zero, by his own admission.
I originally considered just cutting the FTP and sending a message to scallenger about it, but after seeing scallenger promoted to administrator on the Jurassic Park Library Chat group on Facebook I got paranoid and convinced myself that a more drastic action was required. For such a leap in rank on a site he had no position with prior I felt looked suspicious and implied something.
Uh... there's a whole world of difference between handling PR in a Facebook group or such, and being capable of hacking a server...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Tyrannosaur
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Tyrannosaur »

machf wrote:
Tyrannosaur wrote:I don't even know scallenger's full technical capabilities either to be entirely honest so there's again that unknown element.
Zero, by his own admission.
Tyrannosaur wrote: I originally considered just cutting the FTP and sending a message to scallenger about it, but after seeing scallenger promoted to administrator on the Jurassic Park Library Chat group on Facebook I got paranoid and convinced myself that a more drastic action was required. For such a leap in rank on a site he had no position with prior I felt looked suspicious and implied something.
Uh... there's a whole world of difference between handling PR in a Facebook group or such, and being capable of hacking a server...
Again, I did not know his technical capabilities nor his position as PR for the Facebook group in relation to Jurassic Park Library as the information was not readily available at the time I made the call. The way the JP community has worked in the past is also something that influenced my decision. Take Jurassic Park Terror by example, they promote to moderatorship whoever is best at trolling or so it would appear with the promotion of Grim as of late, which is a known troller. Given Lance's threats from a year ago, and scallenger buying what Bernard was selling (as evidenced by his behavior on TellTale's forum) it was a cause for concern. Once again, I did put the security of my website first and foremost (which I presume you would also if you were in my position) knowing what information I had at the time and I accept accountability for this being a bad call as I expressed extensively. It could have been handled differently, I do agree with you. I have made many mistakes, Even I freely admit I was being overly cautious and paranoid in this situation, it was a calculated risk and I accepted that fact, I feel bad about, and showed a willingness to negotiate by re-uploading the files after a security scan, and would like to move on from it. Could you please see and understand those facts instead of dragging this out longer? It's going to really accomplish nothing aside from keeping this going, which I would very much think at this point all of us would like to get on with our lives here as scallenger indicated in his most recent post, heh. I came here to shed light on my actions for people to understand so they wouldn't get the wrong idea and we could not all resort into fighting on the Internet (which is a waste of concentration and energy that could be applied to more worthwhile intellectual stimuli). Any other matters, machf, relating to this or even your concerns for how I handle security on JPL please reach out to me privately if you feel the need. I would be more than happy to discuss and address with you via e-mail or PM via TresCom/JPLegacy at your convenience of course.
scallenger wrote:I'm not even reading these new posts. I just saw these big blocks of text and it's all pointless. There is nothing more to be said past what you already did and what I already did. Please stay on topic with the content of this thread, everybody.
Scallenger, I'm sorry you feel that way. Before this I have never done anything wrong to you or slight you personally. I apologize. I would've preferred you remain neutral in this personal matter between Bernard and myself. It's regrettable that he opted to drag you into the issue and wanted to feed my own paranoia. I regret this greatly.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Tyrannosaur wrote: Scallenger, I'm sorry you feel that way. Before this I have never done anything wrong to you or slight you personally. I apologize. I would've preferred you remain neutral in this personal matter between Bernard and myself. It's regrettable that he opted to drag you into the issue and wanted to feed my own paranoia. I regret this greatly.
I'm afraid it might be best if you stopped posting in this topic about it as I believe scallenger no longer wishes to discuss the topic to avoid further conflict, you would be wise to abide by his wishes.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Tyrannosaur wrote:Could you please see and understand those facts instead of dragging this out longer?
Sorry, but from my POV, it's you who's been dragging it out... I've only been offering some advice (and yes, I've seen similar situations and know what it can be like). You keep answering with *huge* paragraphs of text. You don't need to, really, your position has been made clear long ago.

To everyone: the off-topic should end here, we'll either split the posts not related to the original topic or just delete them, so that this doesn't have to be locked.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by scallenger »

Thank you Machf. It's exactly what should be done. There is nothing more to say about any of this.
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon
Antispam: No

Post by awesome24712 »

And to get more back on topic, I found out that someone was just now uploading these enhanced versions of Jurassic Time to YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5lwP1MbpZw
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Oh, yes, he's a member of the forum too...
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

Hmm... interesting that he is doing enhanced editions, first I've heard about this! :) He did the videos for the original version of Jurassic Time. I wonder if he has decided to do a new enhanced edit for Version 2.0? Otherwise they may be high quality versions of just his original videos.
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon
Antispam: No

Post by awesome24712 »

scallenger wrote:Hmm... interesting that he is doing enhanced editions, first I've heard about this! :) He did the videos for the original version of Jurassic Time. I wonder if he has decided to do a new enhanced edit for Version 2.0? Otherwise they may be high quality versions of just his original videos.
I believed the original ones he did were the original Jurassic Time and these ones are Jurassic Time 2.0.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

No, from looking at the other new vids that are now up they are from the original version of Jurassic Time. I think I remember he didn't like Version 2.0 for some reason, which is all fine. They are his videos, and even though they are for a version of Jurassic Time that I don't enjoy anymore, the videos themselves are very wonderful, and awesome that he put up a higher resolution version of them. :) I'll have to re-link to these when I put up the revised site.

EDIT (Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:04 am):

Well, I finally had the time to upload ALL of the content that was missing onto TresCom's server for all 3 of my sites, along with fixing all the broken links. In addition to that, all the sites are now re-aligned to be positioned in the center, which is visually more appealing on today's widescreen displays. There are other minor changes here and there as well. There is ONE addition to my Timeline site for those interested in that. Otherwise, everything is the same, just all working again now. (you may need to refresh pages for them to be updated) :)

If there are still any broken links or any other problems, please post about them here.

EDIT (Thu Nov 11, 2012 3:14 am):

This thread is LOCKED, due to a new version of Jurassic Time being created. Further discussion can be done in in this thread.