Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

kryptoraptor.blog
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Antispam: No

Little question

Post by kryptoraptor.blog »

OK, i searched that, and i didn´t got an answer, so i ask:How to add new levels to trespasser?
I ask because i made a level and i want to test it.
thank you in advance
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Re: Little question

Post by hppav »

You need to put the level files into the \data\ folder in your Trespasser directory. Then when you boot up the game, on the main menu press and hold Ctrl+Shift+Q+W then release the W and release everything else. This will bring up the load level dialogue, from there you should be able to find the level you made.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
kryptoraptor.blog
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

I did it and my game crashes just after the level loads. I see a glimpse of a level and then the game crashes. I have a carnotaurus in the level and that carnotaurus is programmed to follow Anne. Is the crashing caused by that? Because when i tried to programm a raptor to follow me, game crashed the same way like now.

Alright, I edited the Tscript of the carnotaurus, level works for a while, but game crashes after realy short while (about 4 seconds). What can cause that?

And is there any way to programm the carnotaurus to follow anne without crashing?
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

kryptoraptor.blog wrote:I did it and my game crashes just after the level loads. I see a glimpse of a level and then the game crashes. I have a carnotaurus in the level and that carnotaurus is programmed to follow Anne. Is the crashing caused by that? Because when i tried to programm a raptor to follow me, game crashed the same way like now.

Alright, I edited the Tscript of the carnotaurus, level works for a while, but game crashes after realy short while (about 4 seconds). What can cause that?

And is there any way to programm the carnotaurus to follow anne without crashing?
Does it crash if you make it so they don't follow Anne?

And what other objects are in the level?

Also, is there a lot of lag?
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
kryptoraptor.blog
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

awesome24712 wrote:
kryptoraptor.blog wrote:I did it and my game crashes just after the level loads. I see a glimpse of a level and then the game crashes. I have a carnotaurus in the level and that carnotaurus is programmed to follow Anne. Is the crashing caused by that? Because when i tried to programm a raptor to follow me, game crashed the same way like now.

Does it crash if you make it so they don't follow Anne?

And what other objects are in the level?

Also, is there a lot of lag?
Yes, it does crash when they follow Anne, and it crashes also when they don´t folow Anne.
Only difference is this:when they don´t follow Anne, it crashes later, so I can move for short while.

Things in the level:
Carnotaurus from Xmas gift(reskined)
Parasaurolophus corpse(from level called Dagobah)
Lots of foliage (all from original trespasser levels)
Lots of bakers
Necesary things(players mesh, start trigger)
Voiceover trigger (Not much cover. Have to use the trees)

What do you mean "lag"?

And i also noticed this:
Anne´s clothes is in very bad resolution
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

1. When you script the dinosaur's AI (Artificial Intelligence) to follow Anne, instead of putting the name "Anne," use the term, "Player." The game internally uses Player and not Anne.

2. Be careful that you don't have too much foliage in a level, too much foliage (or too much of anything for that matter) can put too much stress on the game, and can make slow down, and become choppy (lag). However because it works when the dinosaurs are not following, this is probably not the issue.

3. Anne's textures being at a very low resolution (really any texture having a low resolution, actually), is a bug/glitch usually associated with software mode. Try using hardware mode instead.

To switch to hardware mode, go to options, video, select new video driver, and click OK. Hardware mode is less prone to bugs/glitches, although in my opinion it can a bit less stable. This is usually not a problem though.

Feel free to ask any more questions. :)

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Be sure you have exported and imported the dinosaur in TPM format and not 3DS. Also in the past, I've been experience problems with the dead dinosaur corpses.

I think the easiest way would be to upload the level somewhere and let someone here take a look at it and see what the problem is.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote: I think the easiest way would be to upload the level somewhere and let someone here take a look at it and see what the problem is.
Definitely. There are so many different things that could have gone wrong...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
kryptoraptor.blog
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Thank you all. It was caused by too much foliage. Now it works perfectly.
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

machf wrote:
tatu wrote: I think the easiest way would be to upload the level somewhere and let someone here take a look at it and see what the problem is.
Definitely. There are so many different things that could have gone wrong...
Second best thing I've heard all day!
kryptoraptor.blog wrote:Thank you all. It was caused by too much foliage. Now it works perfectly.
Best thing I've heard all day! Glad we could have helped. :)

Post benchamrks: