Trespasser: Unreal

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Trespasser: Unreal

Post by machf »

Zablar wrote: This is just confuesing, you are now talking about the topleft area of the the map, Pine Valley, and the lab, I used the retail, pinevaley to create the right side, and then the lab. Here is a closer look
as I'm no Trespasser expert but to me these terrains do match?
The actual road from PV to the Lab follows the coast... in the retail, they changed the start of the lab level so that you come down from some hill instead.

This should give you an approximate idea of what I mean:
PV-LabImage1.jpg
PV-LabImage1.jpg (51.73 KiB) Viewed 13160 times
And in the retail, between the end of the Lab and the start of the Ascent, there's another huge gap...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Zablar
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Zablar »

aah now I noticed, havnt played this part in years so a bit confusing when you try explainin :P It's fixed now :)

So the top left, is not matching, PV added, PVtoLab transition is ok? is the map ok overall?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

It should be, if you placed each level's terrain at the proper coordinates...

I've been working on my own interpretation of PH:
PHImage5.jpg
PHImage5.jpg (53.07 KiB) Viewed 13150 times
I think s13n1 didn't scale the texture properly to match the terrain and thus got the placement for the town and beginning of IJ a bit off...
Oh, and here I rotated the texture 180 degrees to match the orientation of Zandor's map, you should rotate it 180 degrees again to match your terrain.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Zablar
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Zablar »

machf wrote:It should be, if you placed each level's terrain at the proper coordinates...
well I used a screenshot of my island on the top of the "Trespasser map" and well, it's scary how close it is, at least the paths as they fit almost prefectly on the island lol.
Maybe hard to see as I didnt save the file in same size as the original one. Now if suddenly I've forgotten something I will edit it but this time in Unreal :) Regarding PH awesome, will
take a closer look on it once I start fixing on the island :)

Zablar
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Zablar »

Aight last update before giving it a day, so I got the whole map merged, made it a bit softer, then exported the heightmap. When I got it ingame it wasnt as Smooth as I hoped it to be
but really, it doesnt matter that much because this will help me finding the path to go. At the same time I will smooth it and pollish the landscape in the editor so no big deal.

On sunday I won't have access to my regular computer for 3 weeks as I'm going to get a temporary job, though will be able to post and read on the forums until then. Might be able to
do some 3dmodelling or 2d art w/e we'll se. In any case, when I'm back I will be ready to catch up right where I left the project.

Enough about that, here is the picture taken from Unreal Engine, to me it looks like the Island is a bit big? So might do a resize but at least it wasnt to far off hehe :)

Double_G
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Antispam: No

Post by Double_G »

Hi. Ever since i first saw Trespasser demo level in 98, i always wanted to redo it. Just to see how it would look like with better graphics and physics. Recently i started to model some assets from the demo. So far i've remodeled trailer, shack and helipad (which i'm gonna redo once more because im not happy with it). At first i thought about using CE3 SDK, but UDK seems to have a better support from users and devs. Here's some progress. Textures as well as the models are stil WIP. Hope you don't mind me posting this here

Edit: progress
Last edited by RexHunter99 on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: large images, used rimg to scale them down
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

Nice models, keep at it!

I suggest you start a new thread for all your work.
Double_G
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Double_G »

Thanks. I will eventually
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

Here's hoping this project doesn't die. Looks good so far, man.
lardman
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by lardman »

makairu wrote:Here's hoping this project doesn't die. Looks good so far, man.
Agreed, would be great to be able to hack on both a CryEngine version (i.e. s13n1's) and an Unreal version (and a Unity version for that matter).

I imagine the maps and assets (models and textures, etc.) will be pretty generic whichever engine is used, so the interesting part is to see how well each engine handles the job, and how easily the arm and dino AI can be implemented across the different engines (well that's what interests me anyway! :)).
Zablar
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Zablar »

Not dead just havnt had enaugh time to work with it, been doing some small gameplay stuff, AI and weapon system, not so much on graphics side.
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Take your time. :wink: Don't feel pressured to get it done fast, that's how you give up.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
Zablar
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Zablar »

Aight so here is an update for you, the island it self has not come further then last pics. Its pretty much finished, I have a extreme high quality heighmap
I rendered out and imported into Unreal. Yeah a few details do get lost in this progress but it is much easier to fix the terrain in the Engine.

As I mentioned before Ive been working on some simple AI and other gameplay stuff as weapons. Therefor Ive also worked on a dinosaur which is ofc
the Velociraptor, here is a picture of its current progress :)

awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

The limbs on the model look too smooth, I guess that'll change with the textures though.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
lardman
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by lardman »

Cool, what sort of ai have you implemented?