Trespasser: Unreal

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Trespasser: Unreal

Post by machf »

Just wondering, what format did you get them in?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Zablar
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Zablar »

machf wrote:Just wondering, what format did you get them in?
is it laid up correctly then? I got them in .obj
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Post by hppav »

You forgot the gap between JR and IJ.

Here's how they should sit. You should be able to see the gap:

EDIT: As for what went there:
viewtopic.php?f=120&t=8002&p=90537#p90537
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Zablar
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Zablar »

hmm You are talking @ nr.1 on the picture right?
If you look at nr.2 there are the original pieces, what I did was replacing combining them with the most detaled parts. is it the mountain you are
talking about?

hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Yeah, that's the area. They cut a level out completely from that area... If you read the whole thread that I linked to, it details what we do know about that area.
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

Man i was surprised to see you do this!

It will be interesting to watch you go through what i did, cause some of it was a real pain in the butt.
It was mainly because i needed a heightmap to import into Cryengine, and Mudbox (i used mudbox to render the heightmap), requires a mesh with no holes. This meant a lot of fiddly adjustments before i could even get it into the editor.

Not sure how UDK works though, can you just import a 3D mesh or does it too require a heightmap?

Good luck man, and be sure to keep us updated with screen shots, cause im interested in seeing someone else do this too!
Zablar
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Zablar »

s13n1 wrote:Man i was surprised to see you do this!
It will be interesting to watch you go through what i did, cause some of it was a real pain in the butt.
haha you don't say, it's not like the landpieces match x)
s13n1 wrote:Not sure how UDK works though, can you just import a 3D mesh or does it too require a heightmap?
well, I havnt worked to much on landscape, UDK got two different once, Terrain and Landscape (landscape is the new one), im guessing I
will have to do a heightmap but will check it out first.
s13n1 wrote:Good luck man, and be sure to keep us updated with screen shots, cause im interested in seeing someone else do this too!
thanks a lot, and once again thanks for the pieces, if not for you I would be still siting here figuring out how to get them from gmax to maya lol.

Any way is this more correct? I can move pieces more if its not accurate enaugh cause ive redone it about 2 times so feel like doing it as accurate
as possible now.

hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Looks pretty close.

The island's shape is based on this island, Isla del Cocos:

You can look up maps of that island as well as the ZANDOR Trespasser Map to get the shape of the overall island right:

Click to enlarge. This map has the positions of everything in the game based on Trespasser's Coordinate system. 1 Tres Unit = 1 meter.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Try this, it's a 3.9MB .rar file containing an exported .obj converted after exporting the various terrains from TresEd as .tpm files... they each keep their actual coordinates.

EDIT: though after including Pine Valley, maybe I should have replaced both the Lab level and the Ascent with their Beta 96 counterparts to match...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

Zablar wrote:thanks a lot, and once again thanks for the pieces, if not for you I would be still siting here figuring out how to get them from gmax to maya lol.
No problem at all, glad i could help!

Looks pretty good!

I don't know if its just the picture, but are you including Pine Valley?
It kind of looks like its not there, or just very low detail.

One thing you could do if you dont have plans to make the missing level between Jungle Road (level 2) and Industrial Jungle (level 3), is to grab the whole first section of Industrial Jungle, up to just before the Canyon starts, and drag / stretch /bend it over to join with the end of Jungle Road. This would be a good solution if your just planning to follow the path of the original game and would be a pretty easy job.

I decided to make the missing level, so i had to cut away a lot of the first half of Industrial Jungle. I don't regret doing it at all, but i do feel a little bad for cutting away part of the level, because they are quite iconic.

It will be interesting to see what kind of scale and detail you can get out of UDK.
Zablar
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Zablar »

machf wrote:Try this, it's a 3.9MB .rar file containing an exported .obj converted after exporting the various terrains from TresEd as .tpm files... they each keep their actual coordinates.

EDIT: though after including Pine Valley, maybe I should have replaced both the Lab level and the Ascent with their Beta 96 counterparts to match...
Thanks a lot, I think my right side of the island (alone) is pretty much perfect, used all the detaled parts of the landpieces and it looks correct, the left side is also good but where the
middleline is supposed to be I wasnt really sure of so can use this to correct it, thanks :) Will add PV
s13n1 wrote:I don't know if its just the picture, but are you including Pine Valley?
It kind of looks like its not there, or just very low detail.
Seriously? I had to forget somethign lol, well when whole island is finished I can just add it, right now 300k+ pollys is a bit much so slowly progressing lol. Regarding the missing level I find
it easy to just use the UDK landscape editor for a lot of reasons, 1, I sure need a computer upgrade as I never ever been this high on pollys before. 2, It doesnt have a offical "look" so
modifying it while in the UDK to always be able to try it out, I think would be easier.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Zablar wrote: Thanks a lot, I think my right side of the island (alone) is pretty much perfect, used all the detaled parts of the landpieces and it looks correct, the left side is also good but where the
middleline is supposed to be I wasnt really sure of so can use this to correct it, thanks :) Will add PV
Regarding the left side, it's pretty evident when looking at the terrain meshes that, after they removed PH (Plantation House, the level originally between JR and IJ), they copied part of the final PH terrain to the end of JR... just don't try to match the end of JR with the beginning of IJ. I made a .PSD file with the proper positioning of all the areas (including the missing ones, as PH, PV and PL, but not SH) some time ago, let me see if I can find where it is...

EDIT: looks like you can still find it here. Or here for a version in .XCF (Gimp) format.
Zablar
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Zablar »

I used machf's positioning of the landpieces, the gap is now bigger but I guess it will be easier to remake what ever was there. I also added Pine Valley

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Apparently, PH (the one you're calling "hidden level") was meant to take you close to the edge of the Town (following the monorail further), only to find your way blocked by a landslide, and forcing you to take a detour and joining with IJ...

I also uploaded the Beta terrain here, as a 3.6MB .rar file. The terrain for the Lab now matches with the end of Pine Valley (since PV was removed in the retail, the terrain was altered to provide a different starting point), and the Ascent now starts right at the end of the Lab, too (in the retail, it was shortened by leaving out a really big section at the beginning, which is what I've used for my Pens level, and was also used for The Four Towers).
Zablar
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Zablar »

machf wrote:Apparently, PH (the one you're calling "hidden level") was meant to take you close to the edge of the Town (following the monorail further), only to find your way blocked by a landslide, and forcing you to take a detour and joining with IJ...
ah ment to say Removed Level lol, well okey this helps me out remaking that area.
machf wrote: The terrain for the Lab now matches with the end of Pine Valley (since PV was removed in the retail, the terrain was altered to provide a different starting point), and the Ascent now starts right at the end of the Lab, too (in the retail, it was shortened by leaving out a really big section at the beginning, which is what I've used for my Pens level, and was also used for The Four Towers).
This is just confuesing, you are now talking about the topleft area of the the map, Pine Valley, and the lab, I used the retail, pinevaley to create the right side, and then the lab. Here is a closer look
as I'm no Trespasser expert but to me these terrains do match?