Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

JPDS Help

Post by chronzerg »

Greeting Trescom,

Long time no speak. Chronzerg here with a question for those experienced with JPDS. I am stuck on the JPDS: Plains. Here is where:

I don't know what to do next. I tried to launch myself with the apparent catapult, but that only got Anne stuck inside the boundary box of the lever. Any help would be hott. And nice to be posting here again. ;)
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon
Antispam: No

Re: JPDS Help

Post by awesome24712 »

That area in Plains is a pain. . . try to find an alternate path.

What I need help with is what to do after you reach the top of the mountain. I solved all the puzzles I could find, and there aren't any roads or paths leaving from there.

Starting to think it's not even necessary to go up there.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

awesome24712 wrote:That area in Plains is a pain. . . try to find an alternate path.

What I need help with is what to do after you reach the top of the mountain. I solved all the puzzles I could find, and there aren't any roads or paths leaving from there.

IIRC you get a piece of map up there, don't remember. Since JPDS was suppose to be one single level, much more were planned.
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

tatu wrote:
awesome24712 wrote:That area in Plains is a pain. . . try to find an alternate path.

IIRC you get a piece of map up there, don't remember. Since JPDS was suppose to be one single level, much more were planned.
A map? Never heard of any Maps in JPDS.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
tatu

Post by tatu »

You can get a map in JPDS~Streams. On-top of the construction building. I don't remember exacly, but I believe that enable you to see a map via the M button or map cheat.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

chronzerg wrote:Greeting Trescom,

Long time no speak. Chronzerg here with a question for those experienced with JPDS. I am stuck on the JPDS: Plains. Here is where:

I don't know what to do next. I tried to launch myself with the apparent catapult, but that only got Anne stuck inside the boundary box of the lever. Any help would be hott. And nice to be posting here again. ;)
I strangely love the puzzle. I want to do something like it but have a raptor on it and catapault the raptor through the air just to see what happens. XD
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

glitchhunter09 wrote:I want to do something like it but have a raptor on it and catapault the raptor through the air just to see what happens. XD
We're talking Trespasser here. I believe the phrase is, "results may vary" :P
tatu

Post by tatu »

Another note on the mountain: JPDS was suppose to be a open-world map, and that includes locations you were not needed to be at, just like any other open-world game. You add some stuff to locations just for fun. Like the town and lab in Trespasser. You don't need to be at many locations in the levels, but you do it just to get more.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Hilwo wrote:
glitchhunter09 wrote:I want to do something like it but have a raptor on it and catapault the raptor through the air just to see what happens. XD
We're talking Trespasser here. I believe the phrase is, "results may vary" :P
Hey, I like mistreating the dinos. XD
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

'ello all - the point of this puzzle was indeed to launch yourself into the air by hitting the crate with something to make it fall. A gun would suffice, IIRC, but a piece of amber was on the ground just behind it which could be thrown onto the board holding the crate. I believe you also had to hold the "forward" key while hurtling through the air.
And yes, the comm station at the top of Misty Mountain was only to include a clue for the game's largely absent storyline. It hinted at left-behind JP staff contacting BioSyn after the hurricane for secret matters. There's also a lovely box of JP TLW Crunch which could be eaten for health points.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hey! Drac is back!

How's it going? Have you seen the latest news?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ack! I wasn't back for long, got caught up in other matters. I'm back again, though - I'm just a terribly slow reader and attempting to catch up with over a year's worth of posts before becoming an active member again. I'm convinced it will happen this time, though.

Thanks, Paul.

machf - do you remember what news you were referring to? And it's going well - I'm currently turning my mind into a massive computer. ;) Enough that I want to get into digital programming again. I've left behind my old primitive lifeways objectives and have embraced civilization for what it provides - levels of complexity and potential which Nature, though still sacred to me, does not provide. I have been diagnosed with a schizotypal personality disorder but it's rather similar to that guy from A Beautiful Mind in some ways. Patterns are my toys and I'm having fun with brain powers, with a bunch of interesting concepts and emotions along the way.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote: machf - do you remember what news you were referring to?
Probably the source code...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Ah yeah, that. Tatu informed me of it back around the time it happened, as I recall. Pretty big news. I think I posted here more recently after its discovery, though. At one point I was going to jump in on trying to fix it... I'm kind of not sure where to go with that at the moment since my computer doesn't like Tres, and since we might be better off creating a new engine. It would be nice to be able to make a new engine that could read Trespasser filetypes but be much better. Maybe if we adopted pieces of the old code into a new engine? Hmm.. Anyways I think I have a long ways to go before I can help there.