Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Re: Can Trespasser run on NT4

Post by Dragonlord »

ketfri8002 wrote:@Dragonlord:
Okay :D But i think i must use NT 4 because there is no Linux drivers to the graphic card's. and im not good to programming new drivers. so i may use NT.sorry :|
That one you've got to explain me. No Linux drivers to the graphics card... an "old" card? In contrary to Windows Linux doesn't kick out old hardware support. I could understand if you can't find a driver for an old graphic card for Windows but for Linux? Everything is in the kernel :/
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine ( Wiki )
ketfri8002
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Antispam: No

Post by ketfri8002 »

But it is now critics' words apply in the contexts, Not what they themselves believe. :x There were several problems and criticism of Trespasser than ET. Even if you'd rather play ET than trespasser. but expectations were not high at the time ET was programmed, there were less things to say "it's too bad" . But Et and Trespasser is the maybe worse licensed games ever made.
But back to the title. we can discussing this in hundreds of hours. :D

@Dragonlord:
If you can find the drivers is it ok :mrgreen: , but I have searched and I did not found something about Linux drivers :oops: (quantum3d obsidian2 x 24 SBI)
Why GTX 690? Wehn i have my 3DFX cards.
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

ketfri8002 wrote:If you can find the drivers is it ok :mrgreen: , but I have searched and I did not found something about Linux drivers :oops: (quantum3d obsidian2 x 24 SBI)
As far as I know it's a 3DFx/Voodoo type graphic card (like my Diamond Monster3D II) hence try it with the 3Dfx/Voodoo kernel modules. If you use (K)ubuntu though it is easy. If it's in the kernel it will be loaded automatically on boot. If it's in a driver package in the software center (K)ubuntu is going to tell you it can activate a matching driver. Since 3Dfx/Voodoo is though an old hat my money is on the kernel module so with (K)ubuntu it should be as simple as installing and running it.
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine ( Wiki )