Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

3insanity
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Antispam: No

Trespasser Film

Post by 3insanity »

Hello Trespasser fans! I am glad I finally found this community because I have some very exciting news for you! For the last 3 years my production team has been in the pre-production stages for a Trespasser film! This film might not be accredited through Universal or its partners, But it is the farthest thing from a so called "Fan Movie". Our independent production might start filming as soon as July. We will be shooting in Victoria Island Canada, and various parts of California and Colorado. As we finish up the final stages of pre production we would love to have some input from dedicated fans like yourself! So Please share with us what you would like to see, and wont you wouldn't want to see. Thanks in advanced for your responses, I hope your excited as we are to get this production into production. Thanks again,

-Jonathan Klepfer
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Re: Trespasser Film

Post by hppav »

"Finally found" this community... 3rd result on Google for Trespasser. :P

I'm not sure how a Trespasser movie would work as most of Anne's story is searching around abandoned buildings for clues of how to get out of there and Lord Richard Attenborough would be needed for a proper portrayal of the far deeper John Hammond story... Maybe cutting back and forth between Anne's current adventure and flashbacks of various workers on the island using the original narrations by Hammond if one couldn't get Attenborough? idk.

How big is your production crew? What have you got done? What's your budget? Is this for a real studio or is this an independent film?

Oh, and it might interest you to know that TresCom originally started out as a message board for a Jurassic Park fan movie that Madppiper was working on. I believe it was going to be called Jurassic Park: Survivor. He created a Trespasser section when TSOrd disappeared and his site stopped updating and the Trespasser fans needed a place to meet in case it went down completely. JP Survivor stalled but the Trespasser section flourished and eventually overtook the site and that's how TresCom was made. :P
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I think you could do a short film with just using one actress portraying anne and some dinosaurs. There's a cool Portal fanfilm on youtube that only has one actress
3insanity
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by 3insanity »

Thanks for the replies guys! I'll try and Answer your questions the best I can, The film is about Anne's story, but in a much smaller scale, where trying to stay as true to the game, but a budget of less then $10,000 (US) makes it very hard to create an atmosphere similar to the games. Our Crew is large for an independent film, 10 behind the camera and one actor in front. We have hired animators from texas to do all of are VFX work, they do a fabulous job, and I guarantee the dinosaurs will look great. Once again this wont have the feel of a fan film, but rather a profesional production as we are all industry working professionals. So far we have written our script and storyboarded most of our scenes. Production will start as soon as the animators have proven that they are more then capable, (Which they are) at animating the dinosaurs smoothly and cleanly. We will not move forward till that process is complete as a fake looking dinosaur would ruin the entire film. I would love to say this film will be done within a year or so, but seeing as where working on other projects in the time being, Trespasser might be something we will all enjoy later down the road. I have been a huge Trespasser fan since the 90's, Isn't Funny that im just finding this forum now? I've been to TresCom many times but never new there was a board! I'll keep you all up to date on the progress of the film and would love to hear more ideas from you all. A true fans input is invaluable to us, as we want to make this film enjoyable for you. Thanks again! I look forward to being a part of this community!
scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by scallenger »

If you can, hire Bill Brown to do the music. Or perhaps be able to use the music he did for the game.
3insanity
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by 3insanity »

Thanks for the suggestion Scallenger, We are very excited at the prospect of using the music from the game, although when we ripped the music from the game Cd we found the music to be a very low quality compressed track that was meant for easy playback on the windows 98 system :cry: Hopefully soon well make contact with Bill Brown, lets hope he still has the higher quality recordings.
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

You could do a lot even with that budget and if you can move around locations even better, don't know if you ever saw Gareth Edwards "monsters" but think it had budget of around 15,000 and looked pretty great.Its matching cgi animation to live footage that's tricky on low budget films.I think there's another Jurassic park fan film going on as well by the guy who made like a book up of models,sculpts (forget his name).
Bastion Monk
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Bastion Monk »

any updates about the film?
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

A Trespasser film could really work. Think Castaway but on Site B.

This would be great if it was a top quality movie, looking forward to seeing and hearing more!
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Well they spent three years in pre-production so that means they might not post again in a while.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
s13n1
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by s13n1 »

They might be playing through Trespasser or perhaps reading the Jurassic Park books.

"There's books?!"
3insanity
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by 3insanity »

Hello Trescom, Im going to start making a regular routine of giving you all an update on a monthly bases till we start production. So far we don't have much more to report. We're currently going though a few Talent agencies to find a proper looking Anne. The problem with that is we never got to see Anne's face in Trespasser! So if you guys wouldn't mind sharing ideas of what Anne might look like then we might have an easier time finding someone. Were also currently looking around parts of california to find a building that could resemble the Ingen Lab. If anyone might know of any abandoned structures that could resemble the Lab that would be very helpful. Just make sure it's within the US. Would anyone have any Idea where I could get the Raw un edited John Hammond Voice overs? We plan on using a few of these to help drive the narrative and currently I have no idea how to extract the files from my game. Jurassic Time is a great resource but unfortunately it has music playing in the background. Any help would be wonderful. We also plan on starting a Kick starter page (A place where fans can donate to make the film happen) because the cameras where renting for this production will cost us thousands of dollars a day. If anyone would like to stay in touch with me personally and not have to rely on this forum (that I dont check often) then feel free to email me at jonathanklepfer@gmail.com. Thanks again for all the help guys! I'll do my best to stay in touch.

Jonathan Klepfer
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Anne. . . I recall seeing some images of her somewhere on these forums. Can't find them though. I recall that she does have black hair.

And to get the raw sound files, you can always use TPAhack: http://www.trescom.org/files/Tools/tpahack.zip

Very simple command-line based tool. If you need help using it feel free to ask.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

3insanity wrote:Hello Trescom, Im going to start making a regular routine of giving you all an update on a monthly bases till we start production. So far we don't have much more to report. We're currently going though a few Talent agencies to find a proper looking Anne. The problem with that is we never got to see Anne's face in Trespasser! So if you guys wouldn't mind sharing ideas of what Anne might look like then we might have an easier time finding someone. Were also currently looking around parts of california to find a building that could resemble the Ingen Lab. If anyone might know of any abandoned structures that could resemble the Lab that would be very helpful. Just make sure it's within the US. Would anyone have any Idea where I could get the Raw un edited John Hammond Voice overs? We plan on using a few of these to help drive the narrative and currently I have no idea how to extract the files from my game. Jurassic Time is a great resource but unfortunately it has music playing in the background. Any help would be wonderful. We also plan on starting a Kick starter page (A place where fans can donate to make the film happen) because the cameras where renting for this production will cost us thousands of dollars a day. If anyone would like to stay in touch with me personally and not have to rely on this forum (that I dont check often) then feel free to email me at jonathanklepfer@gmail.com. Thanks again for all the help guys! I'll do my best to stay in touch.

Jonathan Klepfer
Anne is about 5 foot 4 inches, she's brunette with cropped hair that falls just above her shoulders at the back, she's slim and athletic and wears a white tank top and tan shorts with boots (likely combat boots) she's rather pretty to look at (not gorgeous but she looks appealing, has a face you can easily relate to.) and is capable of sprinting, running, jogging, walking long distances, she can vault, climb, break down doors, etc.

There's a picture of her (official artwork) floating around here somewhere, it was drawn with graphite IIRC. Ask machf as he might have it stashed in his archives.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
3insanity
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by 3insanity »

Thank you both very much! and thanks for that tool, if I cant get it to work i'll let you know :wink:
Thanks Trescom users, your such a welcoming and helpful forum!

Jonathan Klepfer