Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

TheKritter71
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Antispam: No

Re: Remaking Trespasser (Released) / Jp:Aftermath

Post by TheKritter71 »

After lifelesstapir's Jurassic Dream was released...a POST was uploaded onto JP Aftermath's facebook an hour ago after nearing 4 years of silence...

It raises questions...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

More than it answers, huh. Looks spiffy. I wonder where TI is, he's been gone a few days..
TheKritter71
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by TheKritter71 »

I wonder if vagrantart is planning to release Aftermath to overshadow Jurassic Dream. Jurassic Dream felt very amateurish upon further inspection (and some placed locations made me pull my hair out) where as JP: A looks the closest to the movies. We'll have to see, and yeah where is TI? We need HIM!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

You guys are wondering where I am, even though I just popped in a couple of days ago! :P

I posted on the other thread regarding Jurassic Dream how I feel about there being so many JP Crysis mods. I really think they should pool their assets and work together if anyone wants to see a JP mod finished - I think too many modders underestimate the amount of work it takes just to create a level with JP assets, let alone write the scripts, coding, AI and all that stuff. It's a daunting task, and I think that's why without a dedicated team I don't think we'll see the completion of any of these mods. And it seems there aren't that many modders that want to work on JP mods, anyway, especially in comparison to some other themes, like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings.

Anyway, it really feels like this post was made to say "look how much better my VC is than the one in Jurassic Dream", since JD is getting some pretty heavy coverage. Doesn't look like much work has been done on the VC since we last saw it in Aftermath.
TheKritter71
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by TheKritter71 »

I recently found out that JP: Aftermath is made with UE4 (as stated in the updated post). Jurassic Dreams is Cryengine 3. I wonder if it was just vagrant posting a picture of the VC he ported to UE4 or he did just post his JP: Aftermath assets.
mleise
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by mleise »

TheIdiot wrote:Anyway, it really feels like this post was made to say "look how much better my VC is than the one in Jurassic Dream"
Sounds harsh, but that is my impression, too. And I would totally have done the same, if only to make the other modder complete my own vision, like a parent demanding their children to live the life they never had. Also: instant gratification. :D
TheKritter71
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by TheKritter71 »

To be fair, his VC does look better then Jurassic Dream lmao. Speaking of that...

Quick to judge, are we? I also feel lifelesstapir may be resenting conceptcrash because concept ignored his questions.

EDIT: I wanted to fix an error in my source. Apparently the VC is just a Unreal test, concept was just testing out his VC model from Cryengine into Unreal.