Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Antispam: No

Re: Remaking Trespasser (Released) / Jp:Aftermath

Post by vagrantart »

Happy Christmas..yeah I had an hour and was bored so messed around with the stuff I cant usually use in Cryengine since my maps tropical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SpraY_yFes
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

:lol: That's pretty nice.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

InGen...what have you done this time..? As if it wasn't bad enough with all the dinosaurs loose on the island, NOW it's cold, too.
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

Was watching some youtube stuff and saw this,from the looks of it basically it's the Jurassic Life game mod map (its mentioned on a wall texture also).
Had no idea they had released any of it except for the very old visitor center demo,I guess chances of that ever being properly released is low so interesting to see it.
Wonder how much of it is Jurassic life or if it's been altered,after so little game footage its odd to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4r5l4bJVS0

Jurassic life also posted a video saying some of there models were in the unity store being used by dino games like beasts of prey,guess the modeller decided to sell them off.And this project claims to be back to life also, http://www.moddb.com/mods/jurassic-park

Interesting to see a few projects,not getting any free time for my own at the moment as much as I'd like to be progressing.
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

Here's some of the latest images,managed to get a few hours free and jumped in.Worked on the dilo area a bit and the waterfall,that's a tough one as particles at such a big scale are hit and miss so might need to go over it a few times.Wont be using Cryengines helicopter I doubt was just messing around with it a bit,adding the waterfall area is bit of a step-it's far out from the visitor center so will have to link the areas.

awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Me encantan!
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by scallenger »

Still am totally amazed by how much of this is done. And it all looks incredible. A world I could never tire living in. :D
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

more recent stuff,doesn't look like much but the area's coming together.I decided to add a tunnel to connect the helipad road to the brachio area in the movie,the tunnel would be just before they roll up onto the hill and see the brachio. It cuts through a hill/mountain and actually works pretty nice although it makes that area more linear.The tunnel itself is further along from the helipad/gate and the interior will have some rooms and winds through a little,also some shots of the waterfall.It's far from the film version still but worked on the rock walls a bit to improve the textures (they were scaled too high and made them look low res).

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

That waterfall looks incredible, though I think it's a bit taller than that (although I don't blame you at all, I did the same on my Nublar :P ). I find it interesting that you included a tunnel just down the road, as I planned to do something similar as well, though in a different place I presume.

Actually, a question for you that I'm pretty sure you've answered before; how large is your Nublar map? Can you perhaps give me an example of distance between, say, the helipad and the Visitor Center? And also, is your map based on the "canon" map of the island? I find it so interesting to see how you portray the map compared to how I've been doing it in RTJP. :)
Oh, and no worries, I'm not trying to rip you off! Might take a fair bit of inspiration from your work, but that's all. :mrgreen:
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

I agree about the scale,its been an issue.I think it might be too wide rather and the ground above is too empty,in 1st person the waterfall is really huge but it doesn't come across in shots at all.Will have to mess with it again a bit.

I honestly cant remember my map size,the parts I've done cover a tiny fraction of it though-there's like huge mountains and valleys worth of terrain left.I don't know that distance either but I think it takes maybe 15 mins to walk (haven't done it since adding the helipad but the lake to the visitor center was about 10).

I'm following the movies general layout more than maps,although I'm not too far off the map either.The only exceptions are when the terrain doesn't work at all shape wise or I add things from the book.The tunnel wasn't in the film but in theory it might have been between shots and it does really work for a game just splitting those 2 areas,plus it's could be an atmospheric location on its own (the tunnel and any rooms added to it).

Other good news on the project,the 1st game mission? i guess it is has been added.It basically sets the players 1st goal / direction.Very basic sounding but you would not believe the issues I've had with it...like literal half dozen technical forum,posts asking why stuff in cryengine doesn't work.Any ideas for other small missions appreciated, I'm playing far cry 4 at the moment and looking at how it does things but most of its missions are AI/shooting based stuff.

EDIT- had a look and the distance from waterfall to visitor center is roughly 1426 meters if thats any use lol,the area that I currently have filled/built up is about a mile and a half. Doesn't sound like a lot!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

I agree about the scale,its been an issue.I think it might be too wide rather and the ground above is too empty,in 1st person the waterfall is really huge but it doesn't come across in shots at all.Will have to mess with it again a bit.
Hmm. Might just be the screen resolution? Either way, it doesn't look bad at all, though now you mention it, I do notice it being bit wide.
I honestly cant remember my map size,the parts I've done cover a tiny fraction of it though-there's like huge mountains and valleys worth of terrain left.I don't know that distance either but I think it takes maybe 15 mins to walk (haven't done it since adding the helipad but the lake to the visitor center was about 10).
Cool. So the map's bigger than I thought! By the sounds of it, it's about the same size as the map I was using in RTJP, since it was (with basic obstructions) about 17 minutes to the Visitor Center from the helipad. And that's more than large enough to give the feeling of being there. :)
I'm following the movies general layout more than maps,although I'm not too far off the map either.The only exceptions are when the terrain doesn't work at all shape wise or I add things from the book.The tunnel wasn't in the film but in theory it might have been between shots and it does really work for a game just splitting those 2 areas,plus it's could be an atmospheric location on its own (the tunnel and any rooms added to it).
Interesting. Well, the map from the movies doesn't really allow a 100% replication to what is seen on film, so of course creative liberties have to be taken. The tunnel seems likely that it could be there, especially since we clearly do not see what is between the helipad road and the lake due to the cut between the two scenes.
Other good news on the project,the 1st game mission? i guess it is has been added.It basically sets the players 1st goal / direction.Very basic sounding but you would not believe the issues I've had with it...like literal half dozen technical forum,posts asking why stuff in cryengine doesn't work.Any ideas for other small missions appreciated, I'm playing far cry 4 at the moment and looking at how it does things but most of its missions are AI/shooting based stuff.
Yeah, from what I hear, CryEngine is great for world design, but once you get to game mechanics, it's all downhill from there. :cry: I don't really have any ideas for missions at the moment since I've kind of wrung myself dry on RTJP...perhaps there could be some sort of mission involving getting into the Raptor Pit and doing something (a fight, maybe?). That's something I've planned on doing with RTJP, but I think such a challenging fight is worthy of your mod as well. :)
EDIT- had a look and the distance from waterfall to visitor center is roughly 1426 meters if thats any use lol,the area that I currently have filled/built up is about a mile and a half. Doesn't sound like a lot!
Ah, on paper it doesn't sound like too much, but it sure looks like a lot from the screenshots. Thanks for the insight!
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

Pulled down a few mountains to expand the lake,it's not really like the movie version at all but I'll have to resign to that.Was looking at the filming location ..something ranch..the landscapes so flat compared and the actual location doesn't look even like the movie scene.These shots are the tunnel exit-lake,adding some new plants and working on layout of the area a bit,lot to do still and the amount of grass is a graphic a drain.

awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Now we just need to add some Hadrosaurs, lower the FOV some, and then we'll start having flashbacks.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

These are some really early wip shots,the kitchens got a lot of stuff to go in so its more of a job than I first thought.Getting it blocked out and the main room set up,added all the doors except the freezer one and experimented a bit with how it could be lit.The final pass will be when everything's in making a environment (reflection) map for all the polished metal items.

vagrantart
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by vagrantart »

Progress is at a standstill due to work again at the moment but was thinking about the visitor center alcoves in the main rotunda,I noticed in the Jurassic Life videos they added like a stairwell behind there.
I thought about cutting out a doorway into a room on either side myself and adding "WHAT IS A DINOSAUR?" and "THE MESOZOIC WORLD" displays from the book (maybe use some of the visitor center concept art to make those two rooms).When I get back to it will try and get the kitchen/cafe finished and then look at what to do next.