Can ATX be used with the Trespasser Patch v1.1 Full ?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Dark Phoenix
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Antispam: No

Can ATX be used with the Trespasser Patch v1.1 Full ?

Post by Dark Phoenix »

I notice ATX and this patch does some of the same things. Can I use them together or will they conflict?

My aim is to install all mods and updated models, meshes, system tweaks to make myself a Portable and Enhanced copy of the game with everything enhanced as much as possible for the standalone single player game.

For that matter I notice Sakke's LOD Patch does some of the same things too. Yea or Nay?

BTW whats the difference between the Trespasser Patch 1.1 Full and the Trespasser Patch 1.1 Level Fix? By the descriptions they look like they would be the same except for removing an annoying "patch" folder problem? Are there any other differences that would make me need the Full version over the Level Fix version?

( if not, I'll just use the level fix version.. as it's easier..?)

There is so much stuff in the downloads section at TresCom it's hard for me to know how best to put this puppy together.

Mods please move this if it's posted in the wrong section.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Can ATX be used with the Trespasser Patch v1.1 Full ?

Post by machf »

ATX is based on the patched 1.1 version, so, yes, since ATX isn't using a patcher anymore but ready-to-run executables, you basically get the same as the small patch plus additional stuff by getting it. Sakke's LOD patch was a worthy effort, but
shortly after it was released, ATX superseded it by incorporating a Draw Distance slider control...

You want a portable version? You'd need the Trespasser demo engine with ATX for that... it uses an .ini file instead of the registry to store the configuration.

"Trespasser Patch 1.1 Level Fix"? Unless it's the full patch under a different name, I don't think I've heard of it... if you're going to use the demo-ATX executable, you can apply the Full Patch to the installed retail version and then just copy the level files from the Patch folder into the demo\data folder... of course, the demo is "hardwired" to load "demo.grf" instead of "be.grf" when you start a new game, so you'll need to manually load a level by using the SHIFT+CTRL+Q+W-W cheat.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Dark Phoenix
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Dark Phoenix »

Thanks for the info. I shouldn't have said portable.. well, it's portable for me because It won't need the CD. What I do is add the mods and get the game working like I want it, them wrap it up in it's own installer so I won't have to reinstall everything again, just click the setup. For reg files that are needed I have a tool that extracts them from the original installation and reinstall them when setup is run. I play a lot of older games I have made enhanced versions of this way. They give my laptop more gaming options.
RaptorJesus
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by RaptorJesus »

Hello. I'm brand new to the forums. This being my first post. I just reinstalled my original copy of Trespasser I bought circa '98. I made a half-butt'd attempt at playing a modded version before. I'm quite familiar with installing and using mods for a slew of other games, JA2, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, STALKER....the list goes on. I was wondering if could post up a step by step of this "updated enhanced" version of Trespasser? I would LOVE to play through this game again. Especially now that I have a computer CAPABLE of playing any game I want.

I guess I could/should lurk the forums some more. >_>
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Welcome to the forums! :)

If you want a, "step by step," guide to get the best version (ATX and patches and stuff), then I suggest you take a look at my "Steps to Trespassing" guide here! :mrgreen: You can also take a look at its website, too (Link is in signature).

If you have any questions, ask! :yes:
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
RaptorJesus
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by RaptorJesus »

Swicked! Thanks. ATX enhanced Trespasser complete. Now to check out some of those snazy looking user created levels. [/end thread jack]
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Custom Levels?

I'll add a section to the guide later, don't have time now. Before you try anything, though, be aware that it's not best to play custom levels with the retail engine. Rather, you should play them on a custom version. Click here. Again, don't have time to give more instructions now.

<Please continue furthur discussion of this in the Guide's topic>
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

machf wrote:ATX is based on the patched 1.1 version, so, yes, since ATX isn't using a patcher anymore but ready-to-run executables, you basically get the same as the small patch plus additional stuff by getting it. Sakke's LOD patch was a worthy effort, but
shortly after it was released, ATX superseded it by incorporating a Draw Distance slider control...

You want a portable version? You'd need the Trespasser demo engine with ATX for that... it uses an .ini file instead of the registry to store the configuration.

"Trespasser Patch 1.1 Level Fix"? Unless it's the full patch under a different name, I don't think I've heard of it... if you're going to use the demo-ATX executable, you can apply the Full Patch to the installed retail version and then just copy the level files from the Patch folder into the demo\data folder... of course, the demo is "hardwired" to load "demo.grf" instead of "be.grf" when you start a new game, so you'll need to manually load a level by using the SHIFT+CTRL+Q+W-W cheat.
iirc, Tatu uploaded a version of the 1.1 patch with the updated levels that removes the need for the patch folder onto the site recently.... The only thing that's updated about the levels is that there's some bugs regarding texture resolution or something fixed and various objects have been moved, tweaked, or removed entirely.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

glitchhunter09 wrote:iirc, Tatu uploaded a version of the 1.1 patch with the updated levels that removes the need for the patch folder onto the site recently....
Correct, they're listed under DOWNLOADS > PATCHES.