What's your favorite gun or guns in Trespasser ?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

chitoryu12
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Antispam: No

Re: What's your favorite gun or guns in Trespasser ?

Post by chitoryu12 »

For a full-size weapon either the SPAS-12 (I always get raptor'd by surprise, and a shot to the head always solves that problem) or the Type 56 with the drum, since I know it'll last me through the level. For a sidearm I take the Desert Eagle (powerful and a good magazine size) or Hammond's revolver (surprising amount of power, and I just like S&W .38s in general).
Oddjob
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Antispam: No

Re: What's your favorite gun or guns in Trespasser ?

Post by Oddjob »

Back again. It's been almost two years, but here I am. God, I am such an awful forum member. Ahh, anyway.

My favourite weapon is without a doubt the Franchis Spas shotgun. I've never been a good shooter at long ranges in any game, no matter whether you have a crosshair or not. In fact, I've always been that kind of a person who avoids conflicts if only possible, but when unavoidable, I rush headfirst into battle. This naturally isn't the best possible way to deal with raptors and what not, especially when the amount of ammo isn't too high and raptors often come in groups, but still, if I am able to pick any weapon I wish, I'll definitely go for this blunderbuss. The aiming system in Trespasser is so clumsy and crude, that the closer the raptor gets, the better, and this is the reason why this is the ultimate weapon in the game, if you ask from me. It's accurate enough and very effective at short ranges and if a raptor comes too close or you run out of ammo, the shotgun will also work as a crude melee weapon. That one whack (combined with the priceless physics) has often saved my life or at least bought me enough time to get the secondary weapon out. Sure, the Benelli shotgun will do just as fine, but it's that one extra shot that makes the Spas the superior one. Also, the Spas looks nicer and has that special feeling to it, being the gun used in the first Jurassic Park movie and all.

My back-up weapon of choice would be the Ruger Redhawk. Works against raptors like magic, even from a distance (although in my case it's all about luck rather than skill). I suppose I really like my weapons as brutal as possible (and I consider myself a pacifist in real life...).

PS. I am also a big fan of all sorts of improvised melee weapons. The empty hunting rifles are the best ones by far, using them for stabbing, jabbing and smashing is just hilarious, with all the unexpected consequences and everything.
"Like trousers like brain"
~Joe Strummer (RIP)
"This isn't a joke you idiot! We we're just attacked by a big assed lizard!"
~Regina (Dino Crisis)