Are there any news about Trespasser 2 after decade ?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

GameCollector
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Are there any news about Trespasser 2 after decade ?

Post by GameCollector »

This is the best,funny and educational(based on some documentarial informations about typical dinosaurs) game I've ever played,and graphical features make this game too realistic ,and I'm wondering about producers whether they will make Trespasser 2 or not.

I've been playing this game so far now,and I have realized that half of weapons can't be found in trespasser I have searched them so many times, Does anyone knows why ? By the way John Hammond's revolver name is Smith & Wesson model 36 I think(original one has 5 rounds .38 caliber) or Smith & Wesson chief's model 60(same with 36 model,but revolvers grip is different than the orgiignal one why ?) which one is it 36 or chiefs 60 ? And what happened to smith wesson model 5906 ,sawed-off shotgun,Casull .44,baton,H&K 91 rifle,Colt M1911,Walther PPk 8+1 22lr/.32cal,second John Hammond's revolver(another version) etc... If they will release,I hope they will add all of them completely.Secondly,Are all these weapons have their orginal sounds(or almost same) as it was in the real life ?(I hope they will use stm(sound transfer machine for each guns which have their own real voices(for example write Smith & wesson model 686 on youtube and watch the difference same for other action games (counter strike source 2.5,farcry3 etc...) this is very important for me and also for many fans.Have a nice days!!! keep up making demos :))

and I hope they will add not only old weapons completely but also they will add new labels and models If they release Trespasser 2(with more levels than the old one).
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Re: Are there any news about Trespasser 2 after decade ?

Post by enigma »

Chances of a Trespasser 2 is extremely slim. Its generally considered a failed title, I don't think Universal/Amblin have any interest either in any new Jurassic Park games from now based on FPS. A remake is probably more likely, maybe making it really what it was meant to be, though even that is very slim for a developing studio, and even then, probably end up being a hand holding FPS, quite unlike trespasser.
Unless you happen to mean people here creating a trespasser 2?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

GameCollector, we appreciate your enthusiasm, but please, next time, you don't need to post three times in a row, you can just edit your earlier post and aadd new text to it...

And welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay!
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

GameCollector wrote:And what happened to smith wesson model 5906 ,sawed-off shotgun,Casull .44,baton,H&K 91 rifle,Colt M1911,Walther PPk 8+1 22lr/.32cal,second John Hammond's revolver(another version) etc...
Welcome aboard :wink:

The baton and HK 91 with drum magazine can be found in the Pine Valley level in the Trespasser beta. The other version of Hammond's
revolver might be somewhere in there as well, though I'm not entirely sure.

The Colt m1911 is located in the jungle road level, though outside the playing area, and it's not working properly. Teleport to 22,79,2,
turn on the 'bones' cheat and look up, you should see it floating high in the sky. Use a weapon to bring it down. It is missing most of its
scripting and has no associated sounds or real physics though. Anne will not hold the pistol properly when picked up and it will not make
any sound when fired.

There's also an unused tazor in the InGen Town level's basement (basement = outside playing area). Teleport to -1605,-347,2 to find it.

As for the other weapons, they were either cut from the game at some point or never completed.
GameCollector
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by GameCollector »

Hilwo wrote:
GameCollector wrote:And what happened to smith wesson model 5906 ,sawed-off shotgun,Casull .44,baton,H&K 91 rifle,Colt M1911,Walther PPk 8+1 22lr/.32cal,second John Hammond's revolver(another version) etc...

The baton and HK 91 with drum magazine can be found in the Pine Valley level in the Trespasser beta. The other version of Hammond's

The Colt m1911 is located in the jungle road level, though outside the playing area, and it's not working properly. Teleport to 22,79,2,
turn on the 'bones' cheat and look up, you should see it floating high in the sky. Use a weapon to bring it down. It is missing most of its
scripting and has no associated sounds or real physics though. Anne will not hold the pistol properly when picked up and it will not make
any sound when fired.

There's also an unused tazor in the InGen Town level's basement (basement = outside playing area). Teleport to -1605,-347,2 to find it.

As for the other weapons, they were either cut from the game at some point or never completed.

Why were they cut from the game or why didn't they complete extra weapons ? They look so nice and I wish I could play with them :D.Another thing is no one carries heavy guns with one hand :D she should have used both of her hands while was holding heavy guns (rifles,shotguns,heavy machineguns),As for Trespasser 2(I heard it from one of my friends,they can release other versions of Trespasser or make side c and d)
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

I'm not sure, but probably due to time constraints. The developers tried to get both arms to work,
but eventually dropped the idea. Probably coding difficulties, I don't know. Maybe some else
knows more about this than I do.
GameCollector
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by GameCollector »

enigma wrote:Chances of a Trespasser 2 is extremely slim. Its generally considered a failed title, I don't think Universal/Amblin have any interest either in any new Jurassic Park games from now based on FPS. A remake is probably more likely, maybe making it really what it was meant to be, though even that is very slim for a developing studio, and even then, probably end up being a hand holding FPS, quite unlike trespasser.
But I think it's worth of making Tres 2 as a continue of 1 (according to the history of john Hammond this game hasn't finished yet, I have a storybook/novel of him and It tells you what will happen next chapter by chapter I read all chapters and found very amazing.Well,even If possibility of making Tres2 is slim,they may make a surprise for Tres fans later maybe in 2012.Do you think ??? If Universal/Amblin won't interest in it anymore ,Can't any other companies/studios handle over second one and release it(Think producer of Farcry3 or Crysis,)todays technology used in Trespasser years ago.I won't give up hearing good news :))
GameCollector
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by GameCollector »

GameCollector wrote:
enigma wrote:Chances of a Trespasser 2 is extremely slim. Its generally considered a failed title, I don't think Universal/Amblin have any interest either in any new Jurassic Park games from now based on FPS. A remake is probably more likely, maybe making it really what it was meant to be, though even that is very slim for a developing studio, and even then, probably end up being a hand holding FPS, quite unlike trespasser.
But I think it's worth of making Tres 2 as a continue of 1 (according to the history of john Hammond this game hasn't finished yet, I have a storybook/novel of him and It tells you what will happen next chapter by chapter I read all chapters and found very amazing.Well,even If possibility of making Tres2 is slim,they may make a surprise for Tres fans later maybe in 2012.Do you think ??? If Universal/Amblin won't interest in it anymore ,Can't any other companies/studios handle over second one and release it(Think producer of Farcry3 or Crysis,)todays technology used in Trespasser years ago.I won't give up hearing good news :))
By the way Duken Nukem forever released after 15 years later even though producer company announced that they will not release any Duke nukem series,but as you see they released Duke Nukem Forever,so producer of Trespasser may make something later ;)
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Hilwo wrote:

any sound when fired.

Hilwo, it's actually the Springield .45. in Jungle Road. It has enough scripting to cause damage and have ammo also. However, it can't do medium and long distance shots. It is better to fire at close range. It does a significant amount of damage as well and has so much Ammo that when you recieve it, Anne doesn't say anything because of the amount of ammo inside of it. However, she'll say "About 30" if the Ammo gets low enough. Takes a bunch of shots for that to happen though.
I've taken the liberty of circling the Springfield .45 here in this photo. It was originally for my beta comparison and walkthrough. I know it's in the final as well but there's a slight difference to it compared to the final. Beta Anne can hold it properly, but only after it has been stored away and pulled out again. Normally, Anne holds it like a Black guy gangster stereotype does in some movies and TV shows. (and occasionally IRL as well. Though I'm not being racist here as white guys do this too if they're in gangs sometimes.) That's really the only issue Anne has holding it after picking it up. You can just adjust her hand if it bothers you and be done with it. The Flash Material looks kinda screwed up. Almost garbled. It's also a weird Grayish color. It makes no sound when firing but the bullets make a noise when they hit something as it's part the object they're hitting and not the gun itself.

If you use the ATX patch, you can make shooting the Springfield .45 down easier by turning on the AIM cheat (hotkey n by default if you want to activate it without entering the cheat. Just be sure to have Caps Lock off otherwise the hotkey won't work as it reads lowercase n only.) In the basement, you should be able to grab one of the guns nearby and shoot it down. If you plan on keeping one of the other guns from the basement, turn on the Woo Cheat and shoot the Pistol down that way to save ammo. Good weapons to shoot it down with are Both Lindstrat Rifles, any machine gun, or any gun with enough accuracy. The aim cheat should align the laser sight with it. That's your chance to shoot it down. You'll have to move the gun around some to get a good position though.

Edit:
Springfield .45's script in beta JR:

Code: Select all

string Class = "CGun"
    bool Tangible = true
    bool Moveable = true
    float Density = 0.300000
    float ROF = 2.000000
    float Push = 100.000000
    string Barrel = "$Fgunbarrel-00"
    string Sample = "RUGER REDHAWK A"
    string EmptyClipSample = "EMPTY01"
    float MFlashDuration = 0.000000
    string MFlashObject0 = "PMuzzleFlash-00"
    bool RandomRotate = true
    string RecoilOrg = "$Frecoil-00"
    string MFlashOrg = "$Fflash-00"
    float RecoilForce = 10.000000
It's probably not very different from the final if at all. I'd need to boot up the final map but I have the beta installed atm because of the comparison and walk through I'm doing. However, if anybody else wants to check the final's script, be my guest. =)
Last edited by glitchhunter09 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Thanks for the additional info Glitch :)
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

I also noticed this in this screenshot as well:
Anne's arm looks different from the one in the beta we have. It's possible her model wasn't revamped once, but twice! Something about this arm from one of the earlier prototypes seems off from the one in Beta 96. What do you think? Also, sorry if we're going off topic here. It just ended up in an interesting conversation lol.
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Antispam: No

Post by LtSten »

The fingers look distinctly lower-poly.. Or maybe higher.. I don't know, they seem more rounded than in, say, this screenshot. Hard to tell if the ring exists there, either. Definitely a different colour but that coul dbe because of how it was rendered.. Think the edges look harsher.
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

I believe it can be another version of Anne. That image is probably from an early version of JR or PH. The light you see is gone, the raptor is just a copy and paste into the image. The gun could actually be one of the first guns they manage to get "working" in-game. And the image might even be taken before they really had a stable version of the code.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
GameCollector
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by GameCollector »

glitchhunter09 wrote:I also noticed this in this screenshot as well:
Anne's arm looks different from the one in the beta we have. It's possible her model wasn't revamped once, but twice! Something about this arm from one of the earlier prototypes seems off from the one in Beta 96. What do you think? Also, sorry if we're going off topic here. It just ended up in an interesting conversation lol.
Ohhh very nice I have never seen this before,but If It doesn't work properly when you shoot it(firing sound),I don't need to find Colt M1911-A1 :D and I discovered the real name of John's revolver it's Smith Wesson Model 40 (.38 special +P) it is also called as Ladysmith model 40.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Well LtSten, in Beta 96, her arm's different from Final Anne:
This is how the gun gets positioned when both final and Beta Anne first pick it up. When Beta Anne stows the gun away and pulls it out again, you get something close to this:
Looks similar right? Well if you notice, the gun's clipping through her hand slightly. Also, seems like Anne's hand got bigger. lol.

@GameCollector, it's actually a Springfield .45. There is a colt in the lost models though. However, you have to convert the model to .tpm and import it into a level. Though I think Machf made a working version in his Armory level. Though when Anne Picks it up, she holds it like the Springfield.