Are there any news about Trespasser 2 after decade ?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

GameCollector
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Re: Are there any news about Trespasser 2 after decade ?

Post by GameCollector »

glitchhunter09 wrote:Well LtSten, in Beta 96, her arm's different from Final Anne:
This is how the gun gets positioned when both final and Beta Anne first pick it up. When Beta Anne stows the gun away and pulls it out again, you get something close to this:
Looks similar right? Well if you notice, the gun's clipping through her hand slightly. Also, seems like Anne's hand got bigger. lol.

@GameCollector, it's actually a Springfield .45. There is a colt in the lost models though. However, you have to convert the model to .tpm and import it into a level. Though I think Machf made a working version in his Armory level. Though when Anne Picks it up, she holds it like the Springfield.
Thanks for these beautiful pictures,I understood ;)
Dinosaurus
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Dinosaurus »

You make it sound like Trespasser is some of award winning block buster. No one in their right mind would give such a failure of a game a sequel.
Image Image Image Image
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

A remake would be more likely. All it would take is a professional game designer who was a fan of Trespasser back in the day, a liscense from Universal, and avoiding the same mistakes the original development team made and polishing the game a lot more. Most of the graphical downgrading caused by them fearing of computer limitations of the time could be avoided. Of course, Trespasser might be a GPU hog again if there was a remake. Then again, in this day and age, GPU hogging isn't bitched about as much as long as you aren't using a Laptop... (like me... =( )

A remake is unlikely though. However GameCollector, if you want to have more fun with Trespasser, I suggest trying out some of the fanmade levels. ;)
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

GameCollector wrote: But I think it's worth of making Tres 2 as a continue of 1 (according to the history of john Hammond this game hasn't finished yet, I have a storybook/novel of him and It tells you what will happen next chapter by chapter I read all chapters and found very amazing.Well,even If possibility of making Tres2 is slim,they may make a surprise for Tres fans later maybe in 2012.Do you think ??? If Universal/Amblin won't interest in it anymore ,Can't any other companies/studios handle over second one and release it(Think producer of Farcry3 or Crysis,)todays technology used in Trespasser years ago.I won't give up hearing good news :))
Not 100% sure on how the licensing works, like who asks who, though Universal being the IP holder of Jurassic Park will have to agree or have interest in having a game based on JP being developed. Its hard to imagine a game (similar to trespasser with modern re-workings) would not work for today. Trespasser, if built today, would not be at all ambitious as it was then, but definitely would be good. A decently long adventure, with horror and action and logical puzzles. Even if the JP name may not attract people, the gameplay probably would.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Don't forget EA, who probably holds the rights to Trespasser.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Yeah, though I think EA would love to see the game improved. Especially with the reputation it has. *cough* Gamespot's Worst Game of 1998 Award is one example *cough*
GameCollector
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by GameCollector »

glitchhunter09 wrote:A remake would be more likely. All it would take is a professional game designer who was a fan of Trespasser back in the day, a liscense from Universal, and avoiding the same mistakes the original development team made and polishing the game a lot more. Most of the graphical downgrading caused by them fearing of computer limitations of the time could be avoided. Of course, Trespasser might be a GPU hog again if there was a remake. Then again, in this day and age, GPU hogging isn't bitched about as much as long as you aren't using a Laptop... (like me... =( )

A remake is unlikely though. However GameCollector, if you want to have more fun with Trespasser, I suggest trying out some of the fanmade levels. ;)
I hope so :) thanks for your recommendations,I will check them when I have a time ;)