I installed Trespasser patch 1.1....

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

I installed Trespasser patch 1.1....

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Well, I decided to try out the full version of the patch just to have the higher res textures in the levels. Though, in the process, it seems my Trespasser CD directory has no purpose as it seems to be running the entire game from the patch folder (which replaces the Data folder in the Dreamworks Trespasser directory.) I moved my levels from my disc's digital copy into the patch folder and I can use them again. My question is, do I still need the cooresponding disc files?

And also, how does modding work for the 1.1 patch? Do I still use the Trespasser CD copy's directory, or do I use the Dreamworks directory instead?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: I installed Trespasser patch 1.1....

Post by tatu »

The big patch doesn't give you higher res textures, it only fixes some bugs in the levels (see here for difference in the levels between 116d and big 117 patch http://www.trescom.org/index.php?page=r ... spatch.htm)

The patch folder only contains the .scn, .grf and .wtd of the levels. Trespasser still reads the .swp and .pid from the cd data folder. If you are modding you have to put your .scn, .grf and .wtd files from your level in the patch folder, and put all 5 files in the data folder.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Ah thanks. I was curious because it seemed a little odd to me. At least I now know I don't need some extra files. Though, on the site, I thought I read when I downloaded the patch that it fixed some texture resolution issues. Figured it made the levels look better and something about them does indeed seem slightly better, but almost not noticable. Then again, I haven't played the retail levels in a while, so it could just be that. Interesting list of changes though Tatu.... I wonder how I missed that browsing through the site...
tatu

Post by tatu »

I don't believe they fix any texture problems, if that's the case, it must be something they changed in the code. The article is quite new so it have one been there for some months :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Hey, in the original IJ, were there rocks behind the player at the start of the level? I think I remember the area behind Anne's starting point in Industrial
Jungle being barren aside from the motorbike, a helmet, and a rifle. Also, is it just me, or does it look like the motor bike has been moved a little bit to the right to you? Well, right of the player facing the direction the bike is.

Also, quoted from the patch's description on Trescom:
This program will upgrade your version 1.0 installation of Trespasser to version 1.1. This upgrade program will update the Trespasser executables and level data. Bug Fixes: Jump consistency. Object pickup tweaked to avoid unnecessary dragging. Keypad interaction tuned. Interpenetration of compound, physical objects fixed. Centering aim from mouse command removed. Optimized box-box interaction and world queries. Occasional object disappearance. Floating objects. Adjusted terrain texture resolution.
Oh and off subject, but you still haven't added that one missing screen of the week I did a while back that I directed you to.
tatu

Post by tatu »

There have always been rocks behind the player :P
I belive the texture thing is something with the code, or it could be the adjustment they did for the .wtd files.

I remember it, just haven't got time to upload it and everything, it takes some time.

Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Those rocks might not be there in the beta, though I'm not sure.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Yeah, I don't think they are in the beta, probably what I was thinking of. Also, what was wrong with Wu's Microwave that it needed to be removed. Also, the job of placing the Power line in the town was halfassed. I mean, that's like planting a full grown tree in the middle of a road almost. Kind of unrealistic, then again, not much about Trespasser has been "realistic"
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Reasons I don't like the big patch and never bother with it...
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

I wonder why Henry Wu's Microwave was removed though... seems a little weird to me, especially when I don't recall anything wrong with it, unless it's related to the object's door anyway.....
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Probably because it was glitchy? I don't remember ever having any problems with it, though.