Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Dr.Dino[PT]
Parasaurus
Parasaurus
Antispam: No

Enhanced Trespasser!!!

Post by Dr.Dino[PT] »

Greetings TresCom members,

How is everyone doing? ;) I have been thinking lately in Trespasser mostly due the release of the new Jurassic Park game is almost here and I thought probably play it again. But I was aiming to play through it in the best possible way available. So that is why I'm asking what should I install to get the best possible experience of Trespasser?

Thank you in advance.
TheXenomorph1
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Re: Enhanced Trespasser!!!

Post by TheXenomorph1 »

ATX patch, no doubt.
I am an AVP fan, but also a Jurassic Park fan.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

As TheXenomorph1 said, the ATX patch which you can find here: http://atx.trescom.org/#DOWNLOADS
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Dr.Dino[PT]
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dr.Dino[PT] »

Thanks for your answers. ATX is definitely essentially. What about improving the dinosaurs behavior? Is there anything like that? I know there's a patch to make raptors jumping if I'm not mistaken.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

ATX enables the Raptors jumping, as well as having an option to randomize dinosaurs' locations in some of the levels.
Dr.Dino[PT]
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dr.Dino[PT] »

Hilwo wrote:ATX enables the Raptors jumping, as well as having an option to randomize dinosaurs' locations in some of the levels.
That is true! It has been a long time since I played it with ATX. Just tow more questions then - is it possible to have different skins or models on the dinosaurs like in TC-Isle? And can it be played in a night setting? Thanks in advance.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

You'll have to add the dino skins yourself, there are several skin packs on the website. I don't have a clue
how to do it though, so you'll have to wait for someone else to pass by here to tell you how to install them.

As for a night setting, there's a bug that might work for you. First, load the Testscene Night level. Now
load any other level and chances are you'll be playing at night. It doesn't work for me, but it has in the
past. To turn it off, you'll have to quit and restart the game.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Hilwo wrote:As for a night setting, there's a bug that might work for you. First, load the Testscene Night level. Now
load any other level and chances are you'll be playing at night. It doesn't work for me, but it has in the
past. To turn it off, you'll have to quit and restart the game.
You can also play in nightmode with ATX by open ATXconfig.ini and find:

Code: Select all

[NightMode]
EnableNightMode=0
And change it to:

Code: Select all

[NightMode]
EnableNightMode=1
But don't change it while you have the game open.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Dr.Dino[PT]
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dr.Dino[PT] »

Thanks for your answers. Can someone help me installing ATX? I downloaded the "Main Package" version 2.13 (should I download the "Executable Package" too?) but I don't know what to do to install it.
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

Dr.Dino[PT] wrote:Thanks for your answers. Can someone help me installing ATX? I downloaded the "Main Package" version 2.13 (should I download the "Executable Package" too?) but I don't know what to do to install it.
The minimal requirements for you to run ATX is the ATX213.zip and trespassATX2.zip files (highlighted in red in the 'downloads' section).
Make sure that both of these files are in your tespasser folder (it doesn't neccasarily have to be in your trespasser folder, but it will be easier this way...)
Next, you'e going to have to use a program like WinRar, WinZip, or 7-Zip to extract both of those files into your tespasser folder. (I use 7-Zip, since it's free...)
Once you have extracted both of them, simply run the trespassATX2.exe file (NOT the one you use for normal tespasser)
And that should be it. Oh, and if you can't find the ATXconfig the others mentioned, note that it won't be there until you've ran trespassATX2 at least once.
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]
Dr.Dino[PT]
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Dr.Dino[PT] »

Trespasser is already up and running on my computer again. I actually didn't remember how good it looks running in Hardware mode with ATX and the brightness all the way down. :o

Something I noticed though sometimes objects disappear and reappear in a matter of seconds, specially the tree tops and Anne's bra. :lol: Also the water sometimes turns black or dark blue. These situations usually happen when I either look up or down. The draw distance all the way up slowdowns the game a lot too when the foliage is pretty thick.

The little red aiming dot is an ATX feature, right? And how can I turn on ATX's HUD? Thanks!
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

I'm not exactly sure what's causing your graphical problems. Although I'm pretty sure there are other people here who might be able to help you. :wink:

And yes, the aiming dot is from ATX (the 'aim' cheat if I recall.)
To turn on the hud, open your ATXconfig in your trespasser folder, and under the [General] section, change useHUD=0 to useHUD=1
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]