Help with Four Towers: Extended. Stuck in the lab level!

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Publius
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Help with Four Towers: Extended. Stuck in the lab level!

Post by Publius »

I'm playing this wonderful level and enjoying every minute. I found a 'secret' switch which took me to the lab. It looks like the Pentagon! I'm underground at the moment and have gone down a few flights. Now I'm at this part where there's an elevator which goes down, and then loads of rocks fall on you and kill you. I managed to avoid them, but then the lift just stops and you can't go anywhere. Have I missed anything?

Thanks in advance!
w00t
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Help with Four Towers: Extended. Stuck in the lab level!

Post by machf »

Hmmm... I haven't played T4TX in quite a while, but IIRC, there is always a way out... there should be a wall you can push or something.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TptDac
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by TptDac »

The elevator with the falling rocks is just a deathtrap. You need to find an open ventilation shaft and climb down it. You have to experiment to figure out how to do that. Basically you need to work yourself into a corner on one side of the entrance, start to descend, then quickly press yourself into the corner to slow down. I do it by placing Anne's back into the corner, just start to slip into the shaft, and then hold down "x" to press Anne into the corner and slow her descent. You have to release "x" a few times to get past a few sticky points. Maybe even do a "q" at some point. You could also try facing Anne into the corner and using "s" or "w" instead of "x". The first couple of times you try this, you will probably fall to your death, so save the game first. Once you make it down safely, find a keycard. If you have ATX, you could always use the "fly" cheat.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

On an off subject note, really loved the underground sections of the new part of the level. Though, I was a tadbit disappointed that there weren't any raptors down there...=( I thought there might have been a little bit of room for at least one raptor every few parts or so. The passages look wide enough.... but yeah, that's just me.