In Hammond's house, has anyone noticed...?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

In Hammond's house, has anyone noticed...?

Post by Hilwo »

When opening up the InGen Town level in TresEd, has anyone ever noticed that the floor
of Hammond's office is named to be the floor of a guest bedroom? And that the room across
it is named map room? Does anyone know if the empty 'map room' was ever meant to be
Hammond's office at some point?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: In Hammond's house, has anyone noticed...?

Post by tatu »

Didn't know that. I will check it out! :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
tatu

Post by tatu »

Just checked and it's really interesting. This would explain why you can walk out to the balcony in both rooms. I think you where going to jump across the balcony from the master bedroom into the map room.
This could also explain why they removed the map table in the retail game. Maybe it was placed in the middel of the room, and when they moved it, it was just looking bad, and decided to put it on the wall insted.

Great finding!
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

tatu wrote:Just checked and it's really interesting. This would explain why you can walk out to the balcony in both rooms. I think you where going to jump across the balcony from the master bedroom into the map room.
Sounds interesting, I'm gonna see if I can make that jump.

Though I'm not entirely sure, as this voiceover was meant to be played at the star map:

VH48: We sealed the eastern gate for the last time. Gazing from my study window, I hit on a simple mnemonic for the passcode. Like Nedry, I felt like I had to keep backdoor open.

So it sounds like the keycard puzzle was already planned at an early point. Though the map room and his
office could have been planned to be seperate rooms, I guess.

One a side-note, the study doesn't even háve a window! :P
edit: Or maybe they're boarded up? Don't remember, can't check right now.
tatu wrote:This could also explain why they removed the map table in the retail game. Maybe it was placed in the middel of the room, and when they moved it, it was just looking bad, and decided to put it on the wall insted.
That does sound like a good explanation in my opinion.
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

...when I first re-played the game two years ago now (..wow, that's gone quickly) I had no idea of the ridiculous white keycard in the back, by the "obvious" rock/star chart. That's always seemed a bit unlikely and, almost unrealistic, in a sense. But anyway, I tried jumping from one balcony to another to see if it was in the one at the end, or close to it, from one of the rooms in his house - I never did manage to make the jump, but that was when I was much less familiar with the game.

I think it may still be possible to do, but having that as a way of getting something wouldn't be unlikely, I don't think, in earlier ideas/versions of the game...
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

I don't know, I want to take a look for myself first. But somehow I have the feeling
Tatu is right. Maybe they once planned those panels in build 96 to be used as a
bridge to get to the other balcony - even though you'd probably have more luck
trying to fly over there.
Christopher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by Christopher »

You can make the jump, but it's an absolute pain. Years and years ago, before TresEd, someone in the Trespasser community made a scavenger hunt saved game in the town level. One of the items was hidden on the other balcony, and you had to jump over to get it. It took many tries, but I'm sure you can do it. I suspect that if that was going to be a part of the game, they would have had a plank or something, like Hilwo said.
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all." - Principal Skinner.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Tatu, did you ever try to re-contact Phil Salas to ask about this?
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Off subject, but which dev's head is in the Test Scene in the final version of the game? The head at 5:44: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGSpS-62 ... ideo_title

Btw, it's not in the Night Test Scene or the Beta 96 Test Scene. It's only in the final version of the test scene at day.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

glitchhunter09 wrote:Off subject, but which dev's head is in the Test Scene in the final version of the game? The head at 5:44: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGSpS-62 ... ideo_title

Btw, it's not in the Night Test Scene or the Beta 96 Test Scene. It's only in the final version of the test scene at day.
Um, this has nothing to do with this topic whatsoever...?
tatu

Post by tatu »

Hilwo wrote:Tatu, did you ever try to re-contact Phil Salas to ask about this?
No, not yet. I will! :)

As for the answer for Glitch question: the head is not of a dev, but from a devs friend, I don't know the name of the devs friend tho.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Ah! okay. lol. Thanks. That's been bugging me for like.... um.... two years now. lol. Any, I apologize for hijacking this thread Hilwo. Carry on. Oh btw @ Tatu, why isn't he in the Easter Eggs section? I was expecting to see a little section about the head. We can continue this in PM. I've hijacked this thread enough with sily questions. lol.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

glitchhunter09 wrote:Any, I apologize for hijacking this thread Hilwo. Carry on. Oh btw @ Tatu, why isn't he in the Easter Eggs section? I was expecting to see a little section about the head. We can continue this in PM. I've hijacked this thread enough with sily questions. lol.
That's okay. I'll start a new topic for stuff people would like to see added to the easter eggs section :)

And thanks tatu :)

Edit: posted in the existing easter eggs section instead.
John Parker Hammond
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by John Parker Hammond »

Oh dear, did I mess up the blueprints this time? :) :D :D
John Parker Hammond, letting go of the stresses of INGEN"
-----------------------------------------------
INGEN CEO/Founder