Could someone help me finish a Tres fan film? Dino rigging..

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor
Antispam: No

Could someone help me finish a Tres fan film? Dino rigging..

Post by TheGuy »

Hey everyone. :D Feels like I've not visited in aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages... oh, wait. :lol:

Anyway, two years or so ago I started making a first-person Trespasser fan-film (I may have mentioned this before, so forgive me if you know already). ALL of the footage had been shot within a few months, and edited too. HOWEVER, there are scenes that feature dinosaurs, and that's where I got stuck. I'd like to finish the film off, and I need some help. :)

As this is a Tres-themed fan-film, I'd love to use Tres dinos. I did try to follow machf's rigging guide, but I couldn't get it to work. Would it be possible for someone to rig some dinos for me, so that I could then animate them in Max? If someone could, that would be GREAT, and the film could finally see the light of day! :)

Here are some screenshots from the video...

The landing.

The footprint.

The second sighting (there's meant to be a t-rex here).

The shooting range.

The forest (imagine Hammond's voice playing like it does in Tres).

ImageImage
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Could someone help me finish a Tres fan film? Dino riggi

Post by machf »

But, which are the dinosaurs you want to get animated?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

I think pretty much all of them. The steg (or any other gentle herbivore), compy (from TC Isle), raptor, and t-rex. :) The textures should be swappable, too, so that will let me add variety without needing extra rigging.

I'm not sure if the classic raptors would be better than the updated ones in TC Isle, in terms of nostalgia. What do you think?
ImageImage
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I think fewer is better. ;-)
Did I ever upload the raptor and T-Rex?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

I'm not sure, were they rigged? If I saw them it's likely that I'd have downloaded them.

You're right about fewer being better. :D If I had one choice of dino I'd choose the raptor, because it appears in the film most often. I'd be happy doing it myself - but I honestly couldn't get it to work no matter what I tried. :(
ImageImage
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

I'd love to see this as it is without the dinosaurs, right now :P I'm taking Media Studies as a course in my studies this year and I should probably look at other people's work as a reference.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
madppiper
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by madppiper »

Beautiful set! Back in the day I tried something similar with a couple of friends of mine (Remdul also partook in this venture):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P27CCGsq ... ideo_title

Best of luck with it!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

*necromancy* hey now, i'd love to see this - as Rex said, dinos or no. but with dinos would be quite nice, if someone wants to spend the time to do it. FPS-films are very fun, specially on dinosaur islands... any chance?