Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

DeadEye
Triceratops
Triceratops
Antispam: No

ATX Help

Post by DeadEye »

I used the ATX patch, and it worked fine until I played The Lagoon for the first time. The Lagoon had no sound, and then Trespasser had no sound, either. I fixed the sound, then it broke when I ran Trespasser again. I've patched the .exe's too many times to count, and I NEED HELP!!!
"It's not the pace of life I mind. It's the sudden stop at the end."
~Hobbes

"It does not take the world's most powerful nations to spark the next global conflict. Just the will, of one man."
~Vladimir Makarov
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: ATX Help

Post by Draconisaurus »

Oye, don't be patchin'. ATX no longer patches your EXE, so if you are patching things, you may cause trouble. Also, The Lagoon is a stand-alone. Unless you are totally desperate to have all the latest ATX features in The Lagoon, don't modify it at all. I suggest deleting it and reinstalling from the file you downloaded. Do the same with any other installs of Trespasser which are no longer working properly..

There is an option in the ATX config file to fix the no-sound bug. However, we've found that this works much better:
viewtopic.php?t=5785
DeadEye
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DeadEye »

Before AND after I used that it showed the loading screen, then brought me back to my desktop, and my taskbar was in the middle of my screen and half my shortcuts on my desktop were gone. I rebooted, and they were fine. So... Yeah. :oops:

EDIT: On second thought, I'll just uninstall Trespasser to erase any and all screw-ups and just re-install it again.
~Hobbes

"It does not take the world's most powerful nations to spark the next global conflict. Just the will, of one man."
~Vladimir Makarov
DeadEye
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DeadEye »

Alright! I uninstalled Trespasser, then re-installed and used the ATX patch again. I did the ATXconfig trick and it works perfectly! The only flaw is that it can't be created as a desktop shortcut... It says SMACK32.dll isn't found... Probably because it's not in the Trespasser folder and SMACK32.dll is in that folder. Eh, I can live with it.
~Hobbes

~Vladimir Makarov
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

That error with the SMK file missing generally means that your computer has made a copy of the EXE to use in some other folder. I get that error if I try to assign a Tres EXE as a keyboard special key - the fix for that is to make a shortcut and reference that with the special key instead. Not sure exactly what your situation is there..
DeadEye
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DeadEye »

'Tis okay, at least the game itself works.
~Hobbes

~Vladimir Makarov
Diel
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Diel »

I just downloaded and installed ATX 2.13 and I have some problems with the draw distance setting...
Anytime I tried to move it higher than the default minimum... it sooner or later crush down the game. Fatal error...
And the higher I set it, the sooner it crush down... on the max immidiately.

Yeah... I know... I said almost nothing, but I don't understand to this kind of stuff... it is for the first time I am modyfiing the game more than the adding of a higer resolutions patch...
It is almost entirely new instalation, with added:
- Screen Size tweak
- Sakke's LOD Patch
- Patch v1.1 Full
- ATX 2.13

And yes, I downloaded and exctracted both atx zip files...

edit
sorry for double post... I just now, after sending this, founded the bug-report thread for 2.13
Image . . . . . . . . . . Image