Trespasser install/crash-Problems

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

jonny

Trespasser install/crash-Problems

Post by jonny »

Hi all,

i've got a XP1800+ on a K7T266Pro 2, 256MBRam (tried all timings, already) and a Radeon8500 - in WinXP the Setup isn't starting at all...there's only a process called wowexec.exe which doesn't really do anything.
In Win98 I can install Trespasser, but it's crashing right at the moment of the World Initialization...I tried every Driver for the Radeon and DirectX 8.1 blablablah...x-cuse my bad english, plz.
Even reinstalled Windows...

Does anyone has a clue on what's going wrong?
the ARK
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by the ARK »

I'm not sure if this will work or not... Try copying the CD to your hard drive, and install from there.
This is truly one of the most disappointing moments in gaming history. Gamers are being reduced to digging through the game's installed files to discover what was supposed to happen in the game they just bought.
jonny

Post by jonny »

no, it isn't working... WinXP doesn`t let the setup set up at all.
98 is doing well, but the Game still crashes during World-Initialization...disregarding to what resolution, Ram-Timings and/or Drivers I use.

With the 1GHz Athlon (@K7T Pro2A), 256MB Ram, GeForce 2 GTS of my Girlfriend the Game's working - WITH MAX. 15 FPS (!!!) <- this can't be...I played that Game a long time ago without problems on a 300MHz-Cpu and a Savage3D...so, what's wrong now?
At least I'd like to play the Game with a good FramRate...
madppiper
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by madppiper »

hmm... there could be many reasons for this...

drivers could be one problem. But as you checked that, I'm sure that it's not that...

did you change anything in the registry? or in the game itself?

does the demo work?
jonny

Post by jonny »

yep, the demo's running very good.
I'll try some older BoardDrivers, now...

Post by Guest »

Nope, still not working. I cannot play that Game anymore, because my PC's got incompatible...oh my...