Trespasser Forums :: Spamming

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Troodon

Trespasser Forums :: Spamming

Post by Troodon »

Surely all of us can only be pleased with the arrival of new members to this forum. However, it is somewhat annoying to see that, every time I click on "View posts since last visit", most, if not all of the new messages have been posted by the same person. When I take a look at those messages I can only describe most of them as spamming. My guess is someone hopes to gain something referred to here as "seniority" by posting so many sterile messages. Not only it may be frustrating to others but it is not to the benefit of us all -- at least that's how I see it. What do you think?
the ARK
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by the ARK »

I started by posting a lot, but I got tired and now I only make 0-5 posts a day, and only on topics for which I have something relevent to say. I may have a high post count, but that was mostly in the first 2-3 days when we were convincing people to stay, and when I was very excited by the new forum.
This is truly one of the most disappointing moments in gaming history. Gamers are being reduced to digging through the game's installed files to discover what was supposed to happen in the game they just bought.
Troodon

Post by Troodon »

Not you, the ARK, it's someone else. You only have half his number of postings. :)
Wajas
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by Wajas »

I will sterilise pointless posts if they occur here.
Tomi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Tomi »

I agree with you, Trodoon. It is very annoying and I don´t want to waste my time wandering here reading hundress of pointless posts. If things are getting any worse, I´ll have to stop visiting here anymore, because the lack of my time. :(

BTW:There is an irc channel for that kind of conversations.

-Tomi
Last edited by Tomi on Sun Nov 17, 2002 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wajas
Antispam: No

Post by Wajas »

I wouldn't worry guys, it will settle down soon. They're just excited to be in the presense of such community elders, so start blabbering!
TyrannoRicardo Rex
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by TyrannoRicardo Rex »

Trodon, I's orry I think you're talking about me anfd I didn't knew it was kind of pissing u off, so I 'm sorry tahnks for the advise and I'll keep it short next time, I was kind of excited

SORRY
Dr. Grant and my dear Dra. Sattler, Welcome to Jurassic Park (John Hammond JP)

And If we could just step aside, and trust in nature, Life will find a way (John Hammond TLW)