Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Blood...

Post by Draconisaurus »

So, many of you may remember that I removed the blood streaks from StartLev in the Tres CE edition of the level because I determined that they weren't used by the engine, because I NEVER remembered seeing them in all my hours of modding. Well, the other day I was proven wrong while blasting a poor raptor in TestScnNght with the toxin rifle:

Lo! and behold! The streak was used. One time. Out of how many? :lol: I believe this means that the streak is used based on the angle of impact.. and such an extreme angle, when the blood usually originates from so high up, requires 1) the dinosaur to be on the ground already 2) a high velocity of "spurting", caused by lots of blood coming out at once (from excessive damage at one time). So... levels without the streaks will almost never notice a difference, but just the same, I'll be reincluding them and rereleasing StartLev again sometime in the next several weeks. Until then, if you want, you can import all the blood objects from IT to fix this (StartLev uses the IT terrain palette, as described in the readme).