Jurassic Park 4

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Jurassic Park 4

Post by machf »

makairu wrote:It could even be argued that they did that with the second one actually.
Definitely.
And you should read the original script (no San Diego).
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Christopher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by Christopher »

machf wrote:
makairu wrote:It could even be argued that they did that with the second one actually.
Definitely.
And you should read the original script (no San Diego).
The Lost World is still my favourite of the three films. But, yeah, San Diego was definitely the weakest part of the movie. :P
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all." - Principal Skinner.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

The Lost World is still my least favorite Jurassic Park movie. I still love the novel, but I don't like how the movie changes
Dodgson those other two BioSyn guys into a huuuge InGen hunting party. Ruined the atmosphere for me. And as much as
I loved the San Diego scene back in '97 or '98, it's my least favorite part now, ruins the atmosphere even more, in my
opinion.
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Antispam: No

Post by makairu »

Hilwo wrote:The Lost World is still my least favorite Jurassic Park movie. I still love the novel...
Agreed. I actually think that the second book is better than the first. It really stresses the decay of Site B, and it is definitely a horror novel through and through.
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

makairu wrote:guys, Its not going to be JP4 anymore. As I stated before. If anything it will be a reboot. Which means that it could be the plot of JP1 with a new cast and probably more true to the book.
Well, on the link you posted, they CLEARLY said that it wouldn't be a reboot. The first movie may start as the orginal, but then make a sudden turn.

And.. Jeeez guys, why so pessimistic? They actually may end up making a GOOD movie! The percentage for that is kinda low, yeah, but it's there! C'mon! :D
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

I think the problem is that the "older" JP stuff was what we experienced and grew to love. With JP3, they started to go off from that a bit, and by today, I think the thinking of days gone by has been lost and today, a "successful" film is judged by how many explosions it has in it and if people die really gore-y deaths. So, unless they strongly deviate from what seems to be today's standard and produce something which has a chance of standing up to the original film in terms of "Yep. That's actually. Wow. Quite good." (which is pretty unlikely given the thought process involved in JP3, which has probably only further evolved away from JP and JP2 by now), I wouldn't have.. great expectations for a fourth film.

Although we may all be surprised -- that is, if one is even ever actually developed.
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

@Anna, that was older news. The link seems to have some conflicting evidence as well, so who knows.

AS for today's standards, they could also make it a comedy about drunk people and stoners.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

Actually in the media industry it's all about the audience, it's easier to target an audience of effect whores because there's more of them and visual effects are easy to produce these days. But because JP has such a dedicated, hardcore fanbase, Universal knows they can't screw it up lest they lose the audience and lots of money.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

@LtSten and @makairu *cough* have you seen The Black Swan? No? I see, that's one of the reasons you guys are so negative *sigh*.
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

Well, I am not talking about individual movies, just in general movies tend to try to appeal to a certain audience instead of making things decent. Black Swan is sort of a psychological thriller or something isn't it?

Also, if they do make another JP movie, I would like them to fix the Velociraptor/Deinonychus mix up
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

Sorry, it's just what I think and I agree with makairu here about "just in general movies tend to try to appeal to a certain audience instead of making things decent." :P
I'm a pessimist by nature, most of the time. ;)
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
Dinosaurus
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Dinosaurus »

I just hope they focus more on story then flashy effects.
Image Image Image Image
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

makairu wrote:Well, I am not talking about individual movies, just in general movies tend to try to appeal to a certain audience instead of making things decent. Black Swan is sort of a psychological thriller or something isn't it?
And I'm just saying that all hope isn't lost. They're still making good movies, even though it may be harder to spot them ;) And yes, it's a psychological thriller.
Also, if they do make another JP movie, I would like them to fix the Velociraptor/Deinonychus mix up
Yes please! :)
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

LtSten wrote:I think the problem is that the "older" JP stuff was what we experienced and grew to love. With JP3, they started to go off from that a bit, and by today, I think the thinking of days gone by has been lost and today, a "successful" film is judged by how many explosions it has in it and if people die really gore-y deaths. So, unless they strongly deviate from what seems to be today's standard and produce something which has a chance of standing up to the original film in terms of "Yep. That's actually. Wow. Quite good." (which is pretty unlikely given the thought process involved in JP3, which has probably only further evolved away from JP and JP2 by now), I wouldn't have.. great expectations for a fourth film.

Although we may all be surprised -- that is, if one is even ever actually developed.

How much gore? Excuse me, the JP1 novel is 10 times more gorey than the pansy-ass movie. =) Just see how Nedry and Wu die in there. MMMMM INTESTINES! Also, 90% of the characters in The Lost World's motion picture are made up. Nick Van Owen being one of them. Also, the cast pretty much incorporated characters made out of two characters from the book:
Eddie Carr= himself and Dr. Thorne in one.
Sarah Harding = Herself and Dr. Richard Levine.
Malcom= Himself and nobody else that I know of .
Kelly = Kelly (who's white in the book iirc) and the black AP boy whose name slips my mind.
Basically, it seems Speilberg was too cheap to hire additional cast, so he made up shit as he went. He also had contact with Michael Crichton DURING the writing of his books which basically means he added shit to the movie without actually reading the entire book... lol.
Christopher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by Christopher »

glitchhunter09 wrote:
LtSten wrote:I think the problem is that the "older" JP stuff was what we experienced and grew to love. With JP3, they started to go off from that a bit, and by today, I think the thinking of days gone by has been lost and today, a "successful" film is judged by how many explosions it has in it and if people die really gore-y deaths. So, unless they strongly deviate from what seems to be today's standard and produce something which has a chance of standing up to the original film in terms of "Yep. That's actually. Wow. Quite good." (which is pretty unlikely given the thought process involved in JP3, which has probably only further evolved away from JP and JP2 by now), I wouldn't have.. great expectations for a fourth film.

How much gore? Excuse me, the JP1 novel is 10 times more gorey than the pansy-ass movie. =) Just see how Nedry and Wu die in there. MMMMM INTESTINES! Also, 90% of the characters in The Lost World's motion picture are made up. Nick Van Owen being one of them. Also, the cast pretty much incorporated characters made out of two characters from the book:
Eddie Carr= himself and Dr. Thorne in one.
Sarah Harding = Herself and Dr. Richard Levine.
Malcom= Himself and nobody else that I know of .
Kelly = Kelly (who's white in the book iirc) and the black AP boy whose name slips my mind.
Basically, it seems Speilberg was too cheap to hire additional cast, so he made up shit as he went. He also had contact with Michael Crichton DURING the writing of his books which basically means he added shit to the movie without actually reading the entire book... lol.
I don't know about that. The characters in the Jurassic Park novels are some of the most annoying characters I've ever come across in fiction. Malcolm especially. I'm quite happy that some of the more annoying ones were rewritten/combined for the movies. I'm a bigger fan of Speilberg's films than I am of the novels, for a bunch of reasons. :yum:
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all." - Principal Skinner.