Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Antispam: No

Re: Jurassic Park 4

Post by makairu »

Well, Captain America releases on july 22, and if it is still a possibility like Joe Johnston said there will be, we will hear more after it releases.
Johnston says once he finishes Captain America, he hopefully will develop Jurassic Park IV with Steven Spielberg.
Honestly, I am not willing to call it dead until we see what happens after Captain America comes out.
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

I love seeing fake art/posters with Goldblum in it... he doesnt look that young anymore hahaha.
Neither does Sam Niel, he's looking his age nowadays.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

I know right? haha. Its amusing to think about. But, if there is still going to be one, I wouldn't be surprised if it had an entirely new cast. If, it still is going to exist.
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

R to the E to the B-O-O-T.

REBOOT!

Which is actually sort of annoying because why reboot a film that really isn't that old?
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

makairu wrote:R to the E to the B-O-O-T.

REBOOT!

Which is actually sort of annoying because why reboot a film that really isn't that old?
According to reports, Steven Spielberg has been holding meetings with scriptwriter Mark Protosevich – of Thor and I Am Legend fame – to brainstorm ideas for a brand new Jurassic Park trilogy
;)
I haven't seen Thor or I Am Legend, but it sounds like he has some experience and imagination. Hopefully he'll come up with a good enough plot :yum:
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

You have a load of dinosaurs in some completely unknown place - surely this opens up many, many more possibilities than most films? :P There's so much that could be done with this type of scenario, although I admit I would never be able to come up with anything particularly decent.

Maybe they should make a disaster movie set 65 million years ago...
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Anna wrote:
According to reports, Steven Spielberg has been holding meetings with scriptwriter Mark Protosevich – of Thor and I Am Legend fame – to brainstorm ideas for a brand new Jurassic Park trilogy
;)
I haven't seen Thor or I Am Legend, but it sounds like he has some experience and imagination. Hopefully he'll come up with a good enough plot :yum:
I got I Am Legend on DVD. It's pretty good, Will Smith is the main actor.

Still, Jurassic Park will not me much Jurassic Park without any of the original cast or the islands.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Dinosaurus
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Dinosaurus »

I doubt it will ever happen :no: . Mostly because JP3 sucked and out of respect for Mr.Chrichton.
Image Image Image Image
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

I really doubt that it will ever return with the original cast/crew/setting, simply because JP3 was more or less that, and it didn't receive the best of ratings, and I'm not really a fan of it; the original first film is still the best. If they do actually push out a JP4, I think they need to make sure that the characters aren't just some stupid "hey, I'm an American and I like guns shoot shoot!" and "Hey I'm a nerdy typical scientist". Basing films off novels allows for the deep character development to already have been done, and film-makers these days seem to be action, guns, explosion, do the vfx look good? > storyline, which is just.. ugh. :P
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
TheXenomorph1
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by TheXenomorph1 »

As long as they get the job right, JP4 should be a lot more better than JP3. Seeing one of the posters there's a very noticeable mistake.
I am an AVP fan, but also a Jurassic Park fan.
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

guys, Its not going to be JP4 anymore. As I stated before. If anything it will be a reboot. Which means that it could be the plot of JP1 with a new cast and probably more true to the book.
DeadEye
Triceratops
Triceratops

Post by DeadEye »

I heard it was in fact going to be the fourth movie and not a remake. But let's face it, ANY form of Jurassic Park movie coming out will be horrible, for these reasons:

1. Stan Winston is dead
2. Crichton is dead
3. The last time Spielberg continued a trilogy, he sent poor Indie flying halfway across a nuclear test site in a refrigerator.

If there is going to be ANY kind of Jurassic Park movie, it should be a remake, with every part of the book included, we HAVE the technology for that now. If we can make Neytiri's skin blue and give her a tail WHILE riding a CGI animal, we can make a complete JP movie.
"It's not the pace of life I mind. It's the sudden stop at the end."
~Hobbes

"It does not take the world's most powerful nations to spark the next global conflict. Just the will, of one man."
~Vladimir Makarov
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

A reboot would have to be exact to the book and excellent for me to even consider it. If they flub it it would murder the Jurassic Park brand.
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

Psh, lets be honest, they already murdered Juarassic Park with 3. It could even be argued that they did that with the second one actually. Well, allegedly there was a confirmed deadline.

http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/Jura ... lations%29

I just read up on here, which seems to be the most up to date source. Though, since some things are not cited, I can't be sure how legitimate claims are. If this is correct, it was confirmed.