Jurassic Park 4

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Re: Jurassic Park 4

Post by Hilwo »

Christopher wrote:I'm a bigger fan of Speilberg's films than I am of the novels, for a bunch of reasons. :yum:
What about the horrible 'Rex in San Diego' scene?
Christopher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by Christopher »

Hilwo wrote:
Christopher wrote:I'm a bigger fan of Speilberg's films than I am of the novels, for a bunch of reasons. :yum:
What about the horrible 'Rex in San Diego' scene?
Meh, I still thought it was ok. Sorta added to the whole "Ian and co were doing the wrong things for the right reasons" aspect of the movie. Not the highlight of the film, but it was still fun. :P

Besides, it's not like there aren't some pretty horrible parts of the novels! :P
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all." - Principal Skinner.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

I don't know, I remember I absolutely loved the Lost World novel. Loved the movie as well,
but the San Diego scene and everyone worldwide knowning about Isla Sorna royally ruins the
atmosphere for me.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

That San Diego scene was a last-minute addition... it wasn't part of the script initially.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Christopher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by Christopher »

Hilwo wrote:I don't know, I remember I absolutely loved the Lost World novel. Loved the movie as well,
but the San Diego scene and everyone worldwide knowning about Isla Sorna royally ruins the
atmosphere for me.
I do agree about the ending of TLW film making the island publicly known. I liked it more when they were secret, allowing the various companies/groups involved to be a little sneaky and get stuff done. I think the lack of any interesting InGen (or BioSyn) story was one of the biggest things I missed in Jurassic Park 3.
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all." - Principal Skinner.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Off subject but related to INGEN:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3PHewbL ... ideo_title
Jurassic Park Dinosaur Battles (also known as Scan Command, which is an alternate version of the game.) featured an Ingen employee named Dr. Irene Corts who was obsessed with controlling the dinosaurs to obey commands and become fighting machines. As you'll see here with her controlling a T-Rex. Thankfully, the events of the game are non-canon. One of the former Trespasser devs helped work on this game btw.
Christopher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by Christopher »

That sorta sounds like that early script with the militarised dinosaurs with guns and stuff. :sick: If they do make a new movie, I really hope they don't go down the road of "here is some weird, secret experiment that InGen was working on which hasn't been mentioned before". I still don't really buy all the secretly produced dinosaurs in Jurassic Park 3, let alone something like dino mind-control! :P