Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor
Antispam: No

Trespasser Custom Edition

Post by TheGuy »

Made for Trespassers 10th anniversary, Custom Edition is a repack of the demo engine, featuring a completely new menu design, new sounds, new loading screens, new icons, resources, and all the commonly used editing tools; all arranged into an orderly file structure, to make editing easier and more streamlined.

I'd like to give a special thanks to Draco Astreus for helping me make Custom Edition better than it would ever have been, and without him, it would never have been released. :)

Image (56MB zip)

Please read through the manual before using, and make sure you copy the retail stream.tpa into the data directory.

Thanks, and enjoy! :mrgreen:
ImageImage
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Re: Trespasser Custom Edition

Post by TheRaptorKiller »

Sounds awesome I have to download it :yes:
Trespasser Movie Project - Private
"HALO ROCKS AND JUST WONT STOPS!" Trent Ferdig after watching new halo:reach trailer. In God we Trust
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

*sigh of relief* Good to finally see this in the light of day. Let's hope people enjoy it! I personally recommend it as THE engine to use for any non-stand-alone user-created levels - it even boasts a few updated sounds. ;)

Oh yes, I should also note to everyone that Trespasser: CE includes the NEW version of startlev, which now employs a retail-mod terrain, no blood streaks (since they are not used by the engine), a basic sphere trigger so you don't have to import one, and a fixed player model. Highly recommended to begin any new level ideas you have - it's especially useful when you just want to test something out and don't wish to import all the regular stuff.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the release of CE includes text resource files. Machf's TPA listings are included - I do not believe they are up-to-date with his current findings but a text file is included with the URLs needed to manually update them on your own (select-all and copy from the displayed web page to paste and resave the one you have, don't try to save the page as a text document or you'll get some bad formatting). Also, I recreated the entire voiceovers listing, not only fixing some past minor and major errors (along with reorganizing) but adding all of the newly discovered ones AND I went ahead and found out what the subtitle-only tutorial voiceovers say. I also whipped up a listing of available dinosaur script values (note that some actions are deactivated by the engine but still listed). Have fun.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Well...this could be nice indeed, since lately I've had some level ideas and didn't know where to start with them.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Very nice! :yes:
It's not what I was expecting. I was expecting something darker and scarier, Halloween is in 2 days (depending on your time zone, 1 day) after all.
"New Game" was replace by "LOAD LEVEL" which is "Quickload", that makes sense.
madppiper
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by madppiper »

I really loved this experience! Just downloaded the improvement and was really excited to see somebody finally reading through possibly the only real discovery I have made around here :P (FYI the tutorial on menu editing)

Great Visuals, neat UI, Excellent job!
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

I would kill to get this...Unfortunately, that server is dead...
Anna
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Anna »

This might surprise most people, when I'm saying that I've uploaded TCE on fileplanet :).
[EDIT] Seems like I added some files by accident.. I've deleted the link ><
Last edited by Anna on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, my avatar is indeed a dino cookie.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Wow Anna.. I guess that's one way to handle it.. machf, is it possible this can be the one linked in the downloads section?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Sure, give me some time.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheGuy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by TheGuy »

:) Thanks Anna. I've been meaning to upload it somewhere else, but I never got around to it.

I did notice that your file is 92MB, not 56MB. Did you add anything?
ImageImage
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

The original 56MB one (The one I had) only had TresEd, GoamAdd, BumpConvert, SWPz, TPDC and Tres File Creator as utilities.
The 92MB one has Wally, TPA editing tools, Script resources and more.
I tried to tell Draco that Wally was in there, but now I have it. Thanks Anna! :mrgreen:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

But other people have reported using Wally... I'm not sure how it's possible you didn't have it. I'm looking at the original 56.1 MB version right now (modified 1:30pm on 29 October 2008), from my TresZips folder, and it includes Wally. So, your discrepancy is still unexplained. :?
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »

Anna wrote:This might surprise most people, when I'm saying that I've uploaded TCE on fileplanet :).
[EDIT] Seems like I added some files by accident.. I've deleted the link ><
Dannnng it.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

I had Trespasser_Custom_Edition_1.0.zip, it was 56.1MB.
I'll try to re-upload it without all of Anna's files when I get the chance, unless somebody else is working on that.