Missing Graphics

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Nem

Missing Graphics

Post by Nem »

Recently i dicided to re-play trespasser...
But, now i have a gforce4 mx and some graphics( tree foliage,annes shirt) seem to randomly disapear for no reason :cry:
When i was using my old voodoo3 this didnt happen.

Can someone help me fix this plz? :cry:
Any help would be greatly apretiated.

PS: sorry for my bad english.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Uncheck 'triple buffer' and/or 'dither' in the video driver options.

Main Menu, Options, Video, Select new video driver.....

That does the trick with my card, should work for you as well.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

I was having the same problem too with my GeForce4 Ti 4200. It seems it can be fixed by installing the latest drivers, get them at nVidia.com. But sometimes the prob still occurs, often when looking either up or down. Also, it seems a lot worse in the test levels.

'triple buffer' > yes did fix some probs on my old card, but haven't tried it actually. Thanks Rebel for reminding me. :)
Nem
-=TresCom Administrator=-
Antispam: No

Post by Nem »

Nothing fixed it :cry:
It really ruins the atmosphere of the game...

Oh well.... thx for your help anyway Rebel and Remdul
Tomi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Tomi »

It helped for me when I installed really old drivers (GF3 Ti200). With new drivers trespasser is so slow that I can´t play it at all if hardware is turned on.

-Tomi
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Yes, you can always play it in software mode if it gets to distracting.

In software the fog and a bunch of other effects are much nicer too, yet the framerate is usually much lower in most parts of the retail levels. If you got a machine like mine it's not too bad though.

Ps, on my current gfx-card the ground textures are filtered (you know, blurry instead of blocky) in software mode unlike my GeForce2 card. Has anyone else noticed it with their card?
Nem

Post by Nem »

Installing old drivers for the gf didn´t work as well :cry:
In software mode all the missing graphics are there... but the framerate is kinda slow, but i´ll live with it.

Thx for the help guys

Remdul: what you said about the ground textures being filtered in software mode is really strange, i don´t seem to recall seeing that when i had my old gf2...
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Yeah, actually the textures shouldn't be filtered in software, but my card just did. Though in some pre-release screens the ground texture where filtered too, even the loading screen you see when loading the test level...
Nem

Post by Nem »

Well, what happens with me is that when i chose hardware acceleration all the dino skins are in software mode.
But i think i that happens with everyone :?
Troodon

Post by Troodon »

I think only the sky, terrain, water, and some objects are in hardware mode, all the rest (dinos included) are in software mode. That's one of the reasons why, no matter how great a videocard you have, you need a good CPU for a good frame rate.
Nem

Post by Nem »

ah, thats great :D i should be getting a new cpu in a few months.
I´ve been having some frame rate issues because i´ve gotten addicted to TresEd and cant stop adding trees and stuff to make the levels prettier.
hopefully the new cpu should help me raise my fps :D
Andres
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Andres »

On my old AMD K6 the ground was always filtered in software, but when I ran the trespasser 'P5' executable (in the setup dir) there was no filtering. I figured it was an enhancement they could do only using 3DNow!, not plain pentiums.
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

My old machine with the Gforce 256 rendered the game perfectly using the 14.70 drivers. Any driver after that caused N.C.S., (Naked Chick Syndrome), which also causes flashing foliage. I havn't been so lucky with my new computer with a Gforce 4 like Remduls. I've tried several drivers and nothing helps. It renders everything else beautifully. When testing drivers, I always go to level 5 and walk down the road to the Rex while looking up. Flashing foliage will always be apparent there, if you have it. Except for the N.C.S., the Gforce 4 does an outstanding job with Trespasser.
Tomi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Tomi »

Remdul wrote: Ps, on my current gfx-card the ground textures are filtered (you know, blurry instead of blocky) in software mode unlike my GeForce2 card. Has anyone else noticed it with their card?
Yes I think I have this same "problem" :)

-Tomi
Armorine
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Armorine »

you know what...
i have gforce 4 and it makes the ground blurry too in software...
but here is the thing...the new video card does make the ground a bit blurry...and it is not a problem 8)