Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

RenderFred
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Long-time trespasser but new member

Post by RenderFred »

Hi everyone,

first I would like to congratulate Trescom for having kept the Trespasser spirit alive all those years. I believe I wrote one of the first Trespasser reviews in France (in the PC Achat magazine, February 1999), and I loved it - gave it 8.8 out of 10 -. Years have passed, but from time to time, I still reload Trespasser and marvel at what could have been done if all this had been handled differently.

Few games have captured the feeling of exploration and unpredictability since then. Even with the outdated graphics, the magic is still there. I am impressed by what has been accomplished by the Trescom community (new levels, the ATX Res, etc.), and hope the spirit will be kept alive for many years.

I am now eagerly waiting for the arrival of The Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion, with its big forrests, NPCs unpredictability, and 16 square miles to explore. As the TES Construction Set will be freely available for download, I wonder if a Trespasser-like mod could be done with it ? It would certainly open new possibilities regarding AI, characters and graphics.

Now I have a small request for the ATX Res author. On a dual screen configuration (a 1920 x 1200 24" LCD as primary monitor and a 1280 x 1024 17" LCD as secondary), Trespasser / ATX Res does not let me choose a higher resolution than 1280 x 1024 ? (I use the pre-patched english EXE, as my original french Trespasser version can't pe patched). Also, does Trespasser / ATX Res support widescreen resolutions, and with a correct FOV ?

Thanks,

Frederic