high resolution

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

gt

high resolution

Post by gt »

in the page http://www.sharkyextreme.com/games/drea ... asser_hrs/
the screenshots high quality . as I can play with those graphics.

:cry: :cry:
IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by IsToR »

Well, those are just pre-rendered screenshots made in 3d studio max.

Have you tried the screen resolution patch for trespasser? makes resolutions above 800x600 available. It makes the game look somewhat nicer :). You can get it in the Downloads / other section
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

????

Post by Mickey »

does the pacth work with the demo :wink: :?:
MrLaggy
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by MrLaggy »

I'm not sure whether the released version of the patch supports the demo, but I originally figured out how to do hi-res modes on the demo and ported it to the full version since I didn't have the full game on a PC with a debugger. If the patcher just looks for the appropriate code sequences in the program and replaces them with the fixed version then it should work fine.

As for the pictures, yes, they're probably 3DS renders, but... they're what Trespasser could have looked like on a modern PC if they'd included hi-res textures, used hardware bump-mapping and allowed us to turn off the extremely jumpy level of detail option. The models appear to be the same ones used in the game, it's the texturing, shadows and lack of 2D sprite graphics that makes them look much better.

Seriously, I've just been running Trespasser on my new PC purely to see how well it would run, and at 1280x1024 on a 2.4GHz Pentium-4 with a modern AGP4x graphics card and fast writes it's pretty damn smooth and would look good if not for the intrusive level of detail popping. If only they'd put in the option to have what would have been, for the time, an impossibly super-high quality graphics option it would look really good today.