Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Smissen
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg
Antispam: No

Re: Sad news about Charles Hughes, TSOrd

Post by Smissen »

Hilwo wrote:
Smissen wrote:Sorry if I ask but,who is Charles?
You can read a little about him here: http://www.trescom.org/index.php?page=r ... assing.htm

Also, he used to run TrepasserSecrets.com: http://trespassersecrets.trescom.org
Very sorry to hear because he was loved by the forum so much. Even it is 11 years
later,my condolences to his family.
Predator_X
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Predator_X »

I hope this does not come along disrespectfully but who is he and may he rest in peace
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

He was the guy who first analyzed various Trespasser file formats and made some tools for editing the files. He suddenly vanished from the Internet without a trace and we didn't find out what happened to him until much later.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Predator_X
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by Predator_X »

I looked up his name on the wiki its sad to hear the father of this community met such a fate rebel is right we should make a page dedicated to him and all who wish to pay their respects also i'm curious did he leave behind all the editing tools then people tweaked them to make them better and/or easier to use I am extremely saddened by this it must of been terrible just seeing him randomly disapear then years later finding hes dead
John Parker Hammond
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

This happens everyday.

Post by John Parker Hammond »

That is life, Can't expect it, but you need to just know it happened but love to know who it happened to, knew you and respected you regardless.

Wish it wasn't drunk driver related, more peaceful.

Either way just pray.

God Bless!
John Parker Hammond, letting go of the stresses of INGEN"
-----------------------------------------------
INGEN CEO/Founder
Xer06siX
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Xer06siX »

If the game is remade ANYWHERE you should call the town level Hughes. I think that's a fitting legacy for him, such talent lost, and in such a tragic way. He died helping to save someone else on the highway I heard? Yeah, he needs his own town or area in any remakes. Just saying. I do remember that fellow from years and years back, before I joined the military.

R.I.P. Hughes
darren_r_w
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by darren_r_w »

"I'll bet a dozen of donuts and a six pack of Mountain Dew"

You can learn a lot about someone you've never met, never known, in a single sentence.
BizRodian
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by BizRodian »

Oh man, I knew him. Though not as well as I did a lot of other people in the community at that time. It was a long time ago, so maybe I'm mixing some things up... but I remember his name, and I remembered his Trespasser Secrets site. I remember "discovering" one of those secrets, that he put on his site. (Damn, I just saw that TresCom has archived his site and my contribution is still there! Wild.)

I followed the original development of Trespasser in 97. I bought the game shortly after it came out. We all know how that turned out. Didn't think about it for a while, but then started participating in Jurassic Park websites in the late 90s, early 2000s. Back then there were seriously just like a dozen of us kids who were JP fans and therefore, loved Trespasser. We would play it again and again, post screenshots from it, talk about it on the ingennet forums and in ICQ and AIM, etc.

TSOrd, if he is the guy I think he was (I might be mixing him up a bit with the guy who started THS), showed up one day out of nowhere, and suddenly started started doing some serious attempts at messing with the game, giving us access to the asset files. Maybe he was the first person to show us that weird test level even? It was a big deal for everyone! Before that, there was no one with the desire who really had the skills to do it. If I remember correctly (big if on ALL of this stuff - this was 20 years ago!), he was someone came to play the game a few years after its release and was just really taken by it. Pretty different from most of us who played the game at the time, who were only into it because we were huge JP fans.

I think that I probably disappeared before TSOrd did. Back then, it was not uncommon for people you know on the internet to suddenly disappear. I didn't have much to do with JP and Trespasser stuff online past the time JP3 actually came out, and really most of my time online as a JP fan was before the third movie was even announced. I just got thinking about Trespasser recently and that's why I'm here, so this is an odd thing to first encounter.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Welcome :) Cool story, thanks for sharing! TresCom also has the THS Trespasser Hacking Society websites backed up/hosted:
- Trespasser Hacking Society
- Trespasser Hacking Society II

THS II has TSOrd listed among the team members. Maybe looking at those sites will jog your memory some more? ;)
I don't think I was around for these websites myself. Pretty sure I came around near 2000, I was mostly at TrespasserNet then.
Though I do remember having seen the InGen Net forums :)
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Welcome to TresCom! Thanks for sharing your story. As Hilwo said, maybe something there jog your memory :D
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Am a bit sad I found TresCom so late. I didn't get here until 2004 with the release of TC Isle. I still find it an important to-do item, to research and memorize Trespasser internet history. MikeTheRaptor started a thread to this end years ago but I never got around to it...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Am a bit sad I found TresCom so late. I didn't get here until 2004 with the release of TC Isle. I still find it an important to-do item, to research and memorize Trespasser internet history. MikeTheRaptor started a thread to this end years ago but I never got around to it...
BizRodian
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by BizRodian »

Maybe I'll start a thread on my Trespasser memories or something. I wouldn't mind talking about it more, I feel a little weird doing it in this thread.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I'd love to read it. Since years ago I've only recently started paying attention to some of Tres modding's older history.