The Lab - Survivor

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

madppiper
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by madppiper »

Dapper Dan wrote:I couldn't find that thread about the age of Burroughs no matter how I searched for it. Any easy way to locate it?
uhm.. there should be 'search' options available on each of the board...
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Never gave that board much thought. Also, I think it was placed in several locations. It's in the cray building, but I think it's in the building near the warehouses, too. And maybe there are more, not sure. Now that I think of it, I believe Operations had one of those, too.

And here's the topic on how old Burroughs is:
http://diehard.ath.cx/~runbots/phpbbmod ... 33&forum=7

I read somewhere (maybe in the above linked topic) that Hammonds house was much older than the rest in Burroughs. But I think they just made it look old, that'd make sense.
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

As I posted, I already tried the search. I just found it though. If I search for "church" as posted by Dapper Dan, nothing comes up. It doesn't show up when I search "posts by Dapper Dan" either.

Just now I simply searched "church" without the other parameters and it came up! Strange huh! Here it is...

http://diehard.ath.cx/~runbots/phpbbmod ... 33&forum=7
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

I just posted that link right before you did... It came up when I searched for "Burroughs", no problems there.
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

hilwo wrote:I read somewhere (maybe in the above linked topic) that Hammonds house was much older than the rest in Burroughs. But I think they just made it look old, that'd make sense.
Hi hilwo,
My main point was that we know the plantation house is very old. Would it not stand to reason that others structures on the island, such as those mentioned in Burroughs, could be as old as the plantation house? Those buildings in Burroughs look much older than many of the surrounding houses, and buildings. It doesn't make sense to me that a bunch of scientist and bio engineers would build a church! Especially to have purposely built one to look a hundred years old.
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
scallenger

Post by scallenger »

I just want to say that I feel very nostalgic about all this! I LOVE talking about Trespasser mysteries like these like we all used to! :)
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

We had a really good discussion over there about what ever happened to Harold Greenwood too! :yes:
Rexy40
-=Alpha Wolf=-
-=Alpha Wolf=-

Post by Rexy40 »

Ah, the old days. Kickin' back on the board's porch, sipping lemonade and discussing Mr. Greenwood.
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

You can sip lemonade if you want to Rexy, I'll sip on some fine Tennessee whiskey! :yes:

By the way, Howdy again! :wink:
Rexy40
-=Alpha Wolf=-
-=Alpha Wolf=-

Post by Rexy40 »

Howdy.

re

Post by Guest »

Ow, the Plantation house, I thought this was about Hammonds house, too. But yeah, I suppose the Plantation house was there long before InGen arrived.

Post by Guest »

Ok, so you did mean Hammonds house as well. Well I suppose the others structures might be pre-InGen too, but I stick with the theory that they wanted the place to look old.
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

Everyone seems to be in agreement that the plantation house is at least a hundred years old. The question is about the other older looking structures in Burroughs. There are two trains of thought. One is that the church, Hammond's house, the saloon, and maybe the store were built by InGen when the other structures were being built but were built to look old. The second is that the above mentioned structures are contemporary with the age of the plantation house, and InGen built their newer structures around these that already existed. To me, the second makes far more sense.
mega raptor
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by mega raptor »

To me, neither makes sense. I find it hard to believe that the people on the plantation built a second house, salloon, and church several miles away. It also doesn't make sense that InGen would of wanted some of there structures to look older than they really were. If you ask me, the desighners basicly screwed up.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

I think that the plantation house was there for maybe a hundred years before the InGen party arrived at the island. And I also keep believing that they wanted certain parts of the town to look old. Remember the big gate in the first film?

Also, check out these voiceovers of Anne, describing Hammonds house:
236. Very nice, John.
237. Anne Living room, dining room, hardwood floors… lovely.
238. Anne Modern kitchen, high ceilings…
239. Anne A guest bedroom for visiting mad scientists.
240. Anne Master bedroom. Very nice.
241. Anne You've got to be kidding me. "Welcome to my Island, no don't try to escape, let me tell you my plan".
242. Anne Secret compartment. Ooh, ahh!