Post by Lukyko »

i wanted just ask if someone knows - IS there an program or utillity
with i can run TRESPASSER in OpenGL ? thanx for reply
madppiper
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by madppiper »

uhm no

our Trespasser-level editor features Opengl though.. so you could fly through the levels and take a closer look in high-res that way.

But I'm unfortunate to say, that it's impossible to actually play the game in OpenGl
guilherme
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by guilherme »

sendly.
I belive Trespasser wold be very better if it was programed in OpenGL.
Don't you???
I belive it would not be an impossibility when TP was done, because OpenGL is a lotle old.
but....
lukyko

Post by lukyko »

yes , i have try it in level editor and it looks very goooooood , so i thinked if there is an program with i could run in OpenGL
But i gonna wait for the Trespasser mode in Far Cry engine. im so happy that someone is doing the remake in so good engine. BTW thanks foe the reply
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Did anybody else try that OpenGL wrapper with Trespasser? IIRC, it worked fine...
*Rebel

Post by *Rebel »

Actually, I tried it as well. I didn't really notice any marked difference by using it, but I had no trouble with it --
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Antispam: No

Post by Asjad »

machf wrote:Did anybody else try that OpenGL wrapper with Trespasser? IIRC, it worked fine...
OpenGL wrapper with Trespasser IIRC???? :? :? :?:
whats that??
guilherme
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by guilherme »

Is it possible.
OpenGL Works on Trespasser??? Cool.
ketfri8002
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Re: Trespasser in OpenGL

Post by ketfri8002 »

Can i run trespasser (the game) in OpenGL, becuse i will work on Windows NT 4, and it can only support DirectX 3?
Why GTX 690? Wehn i have my 3DFX cards.
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

Since the source is out now, it might be possible to code Open GL. Though, I'm not sure when it will happen.

Also, an Open GL Wrapper basically will allow you to play Trespasser with Open GL rendering. This is usually also referred to as a glide wrapper. It's generally used to support 3DFX Glide cards and emulate them with Open GL. The only problem with emulating in Open GL is that it tends to be really slow...
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Trespasser itself doesn't support OpenGL. This is because the engine was written at a time when hardware rendering wasn't very good and the team pushed themselves to develop a software renderer that could outperform the hardware renderers at that time. Hardware support was added rather late in the game development process when it became clear that hardware rendering was surpassing software rendering, and even then it was DirectX hardware acceleration they chose over OpenGL. Even today if you want to cause some chaos in a group of programmers, you can ask them which is better, DirectX or OpenGL. But DirectX was the hot new thing at the time and everybody was using it. As glitch said, the only way to get OpenGL rendering is via third party software.

Anyway, people have gotten Trespasser to work on all versions of Windows either right away or by changing the compatibility mode to Windows 98 or XP and Trespasser's renderer will work with newer versions of DirectX with virtually no problem, though it may whine about it, and sometimes the drivers will do some freaky things. If you are having a specific problem with DirectX or trying to get Trespasser to work, can you give us more information about the problem? There may already be a fix for what is keeping you from playing the game.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

ketfri8002 wrote:Can i run trespasser (the game) in OpenGL, becuse i will work on Windows NT 4, and it can only support DirectX 3?
You can run it under Linux using Wine. Wine wraps DirectX calls with OpenGL calls and does this quite well in most cases. With Trespasser it works reasonably well. That requires using Linux though. But if you prefer using a real OS and not a colorfully painted kids toy this should not be a problem to you ;)
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine ( Wiki )
jetblack
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by jetblack »