Some Good Level Ideas

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Dinosaur Dude
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Some Good Level Ideas

Post by Dinosaur Dude »

How about a level that takes place in the aviary where you must fight many pterosaurs and a diatryma a 10' bird. Plus it would be cool if a level took place in an area where InGen put their mistakes. Inside you will find mutant dinosaurs which were too unworldly to ever be released into Site B.
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

first of all welcome!! "mutant dinosaurs" in my opinion is not very realistic!!! but I like the aviary idea :wink:
Dinosaur Dude
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Dinosaur Dude »

Thanks
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Given that InGen supposedly experimented with the DNA they found trying to recreate the dinosaurs (and even "filled the gaps" wit amphibian DNA), I don't think mutant dinosaurs would be that unrealistic... (think something a la Alien 4)
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

mutant dinosaurs taken to extremely could take us to DINO CRISIS 3...

however there could be a small lab area or something where there are some slightly mutated dinosaurs...like a raptor with some extra spikes or something...nothing to dramatic but enough to say "wow that's kind of a neat thing to see"

at least something believable
Lou-saydus
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by Lou-saydus »

Actually that would be way beyond what currant genetic technologies can do, much less technology 10 years ago. Maybe extra legs and some diff colorations.
tresman
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by tresman »

Well, it depends on what you mean by "mutant".
Lou-saydus
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by Lou-saydus »

tresman wrote:Well, it depends on what you mean by "mutant".
What do you mean?
tresman
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by tresman »

Anything beyond extra limbs, minor deformities, and color mutation is unrealistic.
Dinosaur Dude
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Dinosaur Dude »

Well what I meant by mutant are animals with odd features due to screw ups while trying to fill in the gaps.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yep, that's the way I understood it... hence the reference to Alien 4. Remember all those previous attempts gone wrong that were still lying around at the facility? The limbless Ripley, etc...
tresman
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by tresman »

Have you any of you seen the Universal Studios halloween haunted mazes? Well, one of them was a Jurassic Park one. You run around a building/lab and a open area covered in DX signs and you look through holes in the walls and fences at mutant (well, most of them are mutant dinosaurs) dinosaurs. Mutants meaning half dinosaur and half human. Don't get me wrong - that might look cool in Trespasser, I don't know - but it would simply be outside the capabilites of modern genetics. Now, if you mean "mutants" as in limbless dinosaurs (or dinosaurs with too many limbs), color mutations, and maybe a cross between two or three dinosaurs ("mutts" lol).
Now - that doesn't mean we can't put them in Trespasser - we could make a new story. Say that the experiments continued many years later on other islands.
Dinosaur Dude
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Dinosaur Dude »

How about an aquairum level which takes on Nublar. Within you see tanks filled with prehistoric aquatic animals. Once you move through the automatic doors you must fight raptors and all the usual enimies and then finaly you reach another door in the middle of the building and then when it is opened you find you are engulphed in a flood forced to fight a moasosaur (a 30' swimming reptile) who has busted loose or the moasosaur thing could take place on a river ride (it would be better I guess).
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I think there should be a hospital some where...and a hotel or something (I guess these would fit better if trespasser were on nublar)