Can anyone tell me why this screenshot looks this way?

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Can anyone tell me why this screenshot looks this way?

Post by Dapper Dan »

This is a screen using the new Winex3.2 in hardware mode. Does anyone have ideas why it looks like this? See full story at the bottom of this thread.

"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Antispam: No

Post by Asjad »

Its either the operating system or video card.........i have seen this problem on windows XP with an SIS video card :idea:
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Antispam: No

Post by Asjad »

oops :oops: i posted without any reason really sorry for that :oops:
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

What are you talking about? If you have seen this problem with XP then that helps! It indicates there might possibly be a fix for it! Thanks!
Anyone else care to comment? Any and all observations, (except emoticon only posts and spam..) from the community may help and are welcome!
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
*Rebel

Post by *Rebel »

Dan, what you're seeing there are the unlit $models of those particular models. I'm not an expert on rendering techniques, so I can't offer an explanation for it, but I'd bet that either Andres or Remdul could --
Lou-saydus
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by Lou-saydus »

Would you mind telling me your system specs?
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

Dell 4550
120 gig
128 mb Gforce DDR
2 gig intel P 4

This problem did not occur on this same box with Trespasser when using Winex3.1
Lou-saydus
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by Lou-saydus »

try updating your video drivers if you havn't already.
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

Lou-saydus wrote:try updating your video drivers if you havn't already.
LOL!
Lou, you don't read anybody's posts on this forum but your own do you! :lol:
IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by IsToR »

Dapper Dan wrote:
Lou-saydus wrote:try updating your video drivers if you havn't already.
LOL!
Lou, you don't read anybody's posts on this forum but your own do you! :lol:
There are actually geforce drivers for linux on nvidia.com.. If you haven't seen it already, go check it out.
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

Nvidia hasn't released a new gforce "driver" for Linux in almost 6 months. The problem is how winex 3.2 now renders images in Trespasser under hardware mode, as opposed to how winex 3.1 did.
IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by IsToR »

Dapper Dan wrote:Nvidia hasn't released a new gforce "driver" for Linux in almost 6 months. The problem is how winex 3.2 now renders images in Trespasser under hardware mode, as opposed to how winex 3.1 did.
Ok....

Btw.. what do you mean by "driver" ? I mean.. it IS real drivers... On the other hand.. the "drivers" that are supplied with the linux cd are nothing but junk when it comes to 3d stuff..
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

Thats why I downloaded the latest module, the one that came out 6 months ago, and installed it upon my last redhat 9 install.
I said "driver" because Windows folks won't know what we're talking about if we say "modules."
Istor, what about anim8te? Did you not get my PM?
IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by IsToR »

Dapper Dan wrote:Thats why I downloaded the latest module, the one that came out 6 months ago, and installed it upon my last redhat 9 install.
I said "driver" because Windows folks won't know what we're talking about if we say "modules."
Istor, what about anim8te? Did you not get my PM?
ok.

PM? Haven't received any... :?
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

Rats! I've been having trouble PMing people. Sometimes I have to send more than 3 times! Rebel said he thought you had been fooling around with a Windows animator called anim8or or something like that, and it is suppose to run well with Winex under Linux. Have you used it under Linux or just Windows?
Also, would you try out TresEd with Winex and tell me how it runs for you?

Thanks! :)