Bill Brown's music

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

Troodon

Bill Brown's music

Post by Troodon »

To follow up on madppiper's news from November 19. Try listening to Bill Browns collection of Trespasser music at http://www.billbrownmusic.com/musicG2.htm#Trespasser. Man, it's so overwhelming! Does anyone know where in the game are "Hidden Village", "Hunters Camp" and "View of the Island" played?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I don't recall hearing those clips in game except 'view of island' which I think is in the ascent2 level and begins while going left down the fork in the road.
Troodon

Post by Troodon »

Thanks, Rebel. A "Hunters's Camp" area appears to be missing in the game, maybe in JR or IJ. In the voiceover list Anne makes a lot of comments related to this. Also, all of those vehicles hidden in the basement. Perhaps there are enough elements to build a "Hunter's Camp" level, what do you think?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Certainly, I think the idea has quality potential. There are elements of the hunters in various levels, but as you mentioned rather scattered and limited. If I were to develop it, I'd probably go with both small and new terrain, probably double in size to that of the fav testscene landscape, and most definitely a mix of both old and new models.

Planning, a new level, are you???
Troodon

Post by Troodon »

As a matter of fact, yes. The PV terrain has some unused areas but I cannot edit the terrain the way I would like to, and that applies to any terrain. BTW, you guys did a great job editing the PV terrain, don't know how you did it! :) Now I think a Hunter Camp level is really worth a try; I wonder where it was supposed to be. On the other hand, I am frustrated with the lack of a solution to the BSP tree problem, which limits the number of objects in a level.

Given all of these constraints, here is how I see this new Hunter Camp (HC) level: a small terrain, like you said, and no trees -- maybe a deserted northern beach, with a few plants; standalone; and foggy, obviously :) Anne supposedly gets there after she leaves town.

Who can develop this storyline?
Last edited by Troodon on Fri Dec 06, 2002 2:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Sure, I'd much rather play these new levels at 100% original level speed, verse 65 or 75% as it appears to be now. Of course, don't see that happening anytime soon. Even if Remdul, myself or someone else somehow hacked out the scn format tomorrow, Andres is the only one that'd be able to implement it into Tresed (save.scn file), and he'll be MIA until sometime, January. For now, we're stuck utilizing simple tricks n' prayers. I wouldn't let that actually stop you from building any level though. Even if the level is a bit sluggish at times, if it (the level) is good enough, it's worth the play regardless, not to mention, if you're looking at a project of some several months development time, then there's also that possibility that before your level's complete, there'll be an available solution to the BSP.

PV Terrain: Believe it or not, there's actually been no alterations to the landscape. Must be the layout of the level itself that gives it (landscape) the appearance of something new.
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

I've been dying to work on the missing hunter camp (which I don't think was originally supposed to be a level on its own, btw).

If you ever need a modeller or help with something else, I'm your man!
Troodon

Post by Troodon »

Mike, you are very welcome to join the -- how shall we call it, the "HC Task Force"? :) Hopefully, more people will join in. It would be great if HC were an "all fan" level; maybe TresCom Ops will also join their forces to ours when the final release of the TC level is out, but that's up to them to decide.

Phase I -- the script. I am open to suggestions from our creative trescom members. One storyline per post, no more than 100 words, please keep it simple. It begins like this: Anne arrives to a northern beach where she discovers what is left of the Hunter's Camp...
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Well, I wouldn't be able to commit to any new project right now, though if any questions arise concerning puzzles or scripting, I'd probably be able to lend a hand if you needed me. Unfortunately, I haven't any suggestions for a plotline, though --
Rexy40
-=Alpha Wolf=-
-=Alpha Wolf=-

Post by Rexy40 »

Ok, I'll join the 'HC Task Force'. I'll begin work on my "Emergency Compound' level next year, so i need something (besides my novel, and the TresCom level to keep me busy)
the ARK
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by the ARK »

I'll volunteer my limited help. If there is anything I can do let me know.
This is truly one of the most disappointing moments in gaming history. Gamers are being reduced to digging through the game's installed files to discover what was supposed to happen in the game they just bought.
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Yea, we're gonna need ya Reb. Your the best damned T-scriptor there is!

We're gonna need a good place to gather our ideas in private though... Maybe MP could set up a private forum or something?? Wouldn't wanna give away the whole story during productions.
Tomi
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Tomi »

I´ll join to the HC Task Force aswell. My own short level is ready soon and I think I still need more practise of level editing.

BTW: If you don´t duplicate any dinos, the level should not slowdown.

-Tomi
Troodon

Post by Troodon »

Thanks to all of you who have already accepted to join the Hunter Camp Task Force! Rebel, we count on your support and I hope other TresCom Ops members will offer their help as well. I have PM-ed madppiper about the set up of two new forums for us. As mentioned in an older post, I find the term "Mission Pack" has more impact than "Level". A tentative name for our new project would be "Trespasser Mission Pack: Hunter Camp", what do you think?
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Sounds good to me, troodon. Your right, I think Mission Pack does have more appeal than 'level'