Even MORE Trespasser troubleshooting

Discuss the game Trespasser here!

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Board Managers

kenvin
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Even MORE Trespasser troubleshooting

Post by kenvin »

Hello, Trespasser community. Now, you're probably tired of hearing this, but I need some help getti g the game to work properly for me
The issue this time isFramerate, and ATX. You see, I can get the Trespass CE working flawlessly, however it does not have all the features I want. Some features I want include jumping dinos, draw distance, and difficulty. If we can get those to happen on the CE version than that would be ideal. Otherwise, it's up to fixing ATX, and I think I know what the problem is.
When I'm in CE and go into the little window that assesses what graphics card you are using, it recognizes my card. However, when I run the ATX program and go there, it is not. Would this have sonet?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: Even MORE Trespasser troubleshooting

Post by machf »

kenvin wrote:Hello, Trespasser community. Now, you're probably tired of hearing this, but I need some help getti g the game to work properly for me
The issue this time isFramerate, and ATX. You see, I can get the Trespass CE working flawlessly, however it does not have all the features I want. Some features I want include jumping dinos, draw distance, and difficulty. If we can get those to happen on the CE version than that would be ideal. Otherwise, it's up to fixing ATX, and I think I know what the problem is.
When I'm in CE and go into the little window that assesses what graphics card you are using, it recognizes my card. However, when I run the ATX program and go there, it is not. Would this have sonet?
Tres CE allows jumping dinosaurs if you re-enable the disabled dinosaur activities in its configuration file and add the proper parameters to the dinosaurs' t-scripts. (Don't pay attention to Drac's claims that it doesn't work: apparently, he wants dinosaurs with rocket-packs or ones able to leap tall buildings in a single bound liek Superman...)
And of course it also allows you to set the draw distance, only that it's called "CacheMinDist" in the configuration file...
As for the "Difficulty" settings in ATX, I don't really know what that's supposed to do...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
kenvin
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by kenvin »

machf wrote:
kenvin wrote:Hello, Trespasser community. Now, you're probably tired of hearing this, but I need some help getti g the game to work properly for me
Tres CE allows jumping dinosaurs if you re-enable the disabled dinosaur activities in its configuration file and add the proper parameters to the dinosaurs' t-scripts. (Don't pay attention to Drac's claims that it doesn't work: apparently, he wants dinosaurs with rocket-packs or ones able to leap tall buildings in a single bound liek Superman...)
And of course it also allows you to set the draw distance, only that it's called "CacheMinDist" in the configuration file...
As for the "Difficulty" settings in ATX, I don't really know what that's supposed to do...
Awesome! The. I'll probably just use the CE patch instead then. Which file is the configuration file? Trespasser.ini, right? Also, the difficulty just changed Anne's health and the dinosaur's health as well, is that possible to change easily? I'll probably be using CE even if I can't change the values. Thank you so much for the help.
kenvin
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by kenvin »

I found the .ini file needed, however, I can't get the dino activities that I want to happen to happen. I gotta do 2^(whatever number I want) and then convert it to hexadecimal, right? I've gotten the dino to sniff at me so far, but not jump at all yet with how I'm doing it. Could someone please explain how changing the dino AI works?.
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

The reason why ATX does not recognize your graphic cards might the reason for the bad frames. However it should still run fine in software mode.

What the difficulty thing do I would guess is to hack all dinosaurs hitpoints to be higher, but you can just modify that as well in the levels.

You can set it to "-1" to activate all the behaviours - "EnableAiActivityEx=-1".

Like machf said. In order to make the dinosaurs jump in CE you would need to go into the levels themselves (using TresEd) and and modify the dinosaurs script to add back the jumping function. ATX forced it onto the dinosaurs while CE does not.

PS: Please edit your post instead of double-posting if posting again within 24 hours. Thanks. ;)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Didn't the difficulty also move the dinosaurs around? Or was that a patch by Chron? I don't remember...
tatu
Antispam: No

Post by tatu »

Hilwo wrote:Didn't the difficulty also move the dinosaurs around? Or was that a patch by Chron? I don't remember...
That would be the randomiser function ATX have (where you edit an .ini file of the position). :)
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Oh yeah, that was it :mrgreen: